ClubAdventist is back!

Ernie Knoll is exposed....

Reddogs

No Seventh-day baptist would agree to slicing out all of the NT except for the Gospels.

No seventh-day church of Christ would go for slicing up scripture so that all you had left were the Gospels and "for sure not Paul".

Good point

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Master Po

• Pickie Chickie

• Woody

• Members

Not only that, I think that most other protestant churches go with the NT only, very few say much about the OT.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Sure, we could all pile on Rich... but I'm still waiting for BobRyan's 'um, sorry guys, when I quoted many texts to tell you you were all going to hell for not believing Ernie Knoll's visions, I was wrong'.

Truth is important

If I said something that is in error - please point it out.

In the mean time I am sticking with my argument that the "cut Paul out of the Bible" idea best fits Muslims not the Church of Christ and not Seventh-day Baptists.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Moderators

Really. You're going to pretend that you didn't spend pages and pages and pages stating that Ernie Knoll was a true prophet and that anyone questioning his visions was doomed and damned?

If you can't own up to the truth on this issue you have zero credibility on any other.

Tell the truth and shame the Devil.

Truth is important

Really. You're going to pretend that you didn't spend pages and pages and pages ....

Not "pretending anything" -- I am simply saying that if you want an appology for something - then point to it.

in Christ,

Bob

• Moderators

No need to apologise to me. This is about your own credibility and integrity and honesty. Doesn't bother me at all if you undermine that, but you'd think *you'd* want to do something...

In terms of pointing to it, the entire 'Wakeup Calls for Sleeping Saints' (or whatever it was called) thread is a good place to start.

Truth is important

• Administrators

The volume of Bob Ryan's posts promoting Ernie Knoll as a true prophet of God is daunting. But just in case one might not be able to find a good sampling, here are links to a few topics to consider:

http://clubadventist.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/226925/1.html

http://clubadventist.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/227063/1.html

http://clubadventist.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/247351/1.html

Or perhaps this quote from the topic entitled Re: Ernie Knoll's Dreams -- Comfort from Christ Himself? might refresh Bob's memory:

I agree that testing all things - and holding fast to what is Good is key!

So far Ernie Knolls appears to pass the test of scripture. And what is pretty facinating is all the objections raised against him so far - also "just so happen" to cut across both Bible writers and Ellen White.

You would think that "people would notice" after a while.

in Christ,

Bob

Or from the topic entitled, Re: How Does the Holy Spirit Guide YOU?:

Originally Posted By: BobRyan
The Bible -

The writings of Ellen White -

Conviction during times of Prayer and worship.

And more recently (for example - the last ten days) - reading the messages he has given to Ernie Knolls at www.4hispeople.com in fulfillment of the Joel 2 prediction about dreams and visions in the "last days" and in keeping with the 1Cor 14 statement that "when you meet... each one has a revelation". (not that we have that today by any means -- but at least one person seems to be on that track)

I think I will start a thread on the SDA doctrine of gifts of the Spirit and the gift of prophecy.

in Christ,

Bob

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

WoW !!

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Guest truthseeker007

Here is a copy of my response to an earlier Ernie Knoll topic. I just wanted to say; told you so:Plol

Man like these prevent me from going to the SDA church. There are too many cultic irrational people. Maybe he is being deceived by satan or he is trying to make money out of his so-called 'visions'. This is very harmfull for the church. He has nothing new to add. The only result of his visions, is that he can sell books, receive donations and that he gets attention. Seems to me that God has other priorities. 6 million Jews had to die in a holocaust, but this man claims Jesus is smiling at him to tell some things that people already know?:s

I ll never enter the church again, before the Lord himself shows me that the SDA is the remnant church. See the next video, they are preaching everywhere, linking themselves to organisations like amazing facts etc.

http://heaven.finalawakening.org/videoflv.htm

More and more the church is drifting away from the principle of sola scriptura. I don t want to rely on so called visions. I want biblical evidence. As i can not find this, i ll start my own movement to get people out of babylon.

No need to apologise to me. .

Well at least "that part" of your post is actually true.

I thought maybe you were trying to sign up for "thought police" there for a moment.

I guess it was just another rabbit trail.

in Christ,

Bob

I have come across the Ernies frim time to time, and usually seems they are more willing to be a prophet and share a message that everyone needs to repent to live up to their ideas and standards than God seems willing to use them to do the same.

One interesting person that I spoke with this past week, said it would be good if folks could post positions and thoughts, without using adverbs or adjectives.

Interesting..

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

I think I reviewed some of Ernie Knoll's teachings earlier this year, and as I recall, I found them to be straight SDA teachings, from which righteous people have nothing to fear.

Any prophet of God will have problems, people who do not believe, and people who are skeptics and agnostics. Being a prophet does not mean that a person is infallible. So I would rather concentrate on the message, and test the message, rather than the person who carries it.

If anyone has access to Ernie Knoll's messages, I would be pleased to be able to read them again. I just want to check and see if my first valuation will hold true under more careful study.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

I think I reviewed some of Ernie Knoll's teachings earlier this year, and as I recall, I found them to be straight SDA teachings, from which righteous people have nothing to fear.

No new theology mentioned and only a passing reference to Matt 7 "by their fruits" so feel free to move it if that does not fit Townhall

Guest truthseeker007

I believe satan wanted to use Ernie as the horse of Troje. Causing division within the church and ultimately labelling the church as a cult.

am not seeing this as a townhall topic.

It was asked to keep religious/theology out of town hall.

Stan, There are lots of religious topics posted on town hall. I would suggest if you want to keep religion and theology off of town hall, then you will need the cooperation of people who originate the posts. We who just answer the posts are not responsible for where they originate. And sometimes it seems that some religion threads which are started under a different topic, somehow get moved to town hall. Who is doing that? Is that somebody's idea of a joke? Who is exercising any control here? Just thought I would ask.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

• Moderators

Quote:
One interesting person that I spoke with this past week, said it would be good if folks could post positions and thoughts, without using adverbs or adjectives.

Now if I just knew what them things were, I could try it (I know what's right in grammar but don't know even the most basic technical terms...)

Truth is important

• 2 weeks later...

From somewhere else in cyberspace:

Here is the latest update on the sad saga of Ernie Knoll; but first a recap according to my understanding of the information, of what led up to this.

Sometime around July 16th or so, the "Board of Directors" of Ernie's website and ministry traced the Internet Provider number of the person called "Candace" that we mentioned earlier. They compared it to Ernie's and it was the same. Ernie was confronted about this by his board, and he confessed that he was actually Candace and he had made the whole story up. (Note that Ernie had kept this deception going for about a year before it was discovered.) He also confessed that he made up the story of what he called "The Great Commission Counsel" which was purported to be a group made up mostly of prominent SDA Church administrators, pastors, theologians etc. who investigated Ernie and the dreams and found them to be authentic and agreed that they were from God. Ernie stated in the same conversation with his board, that the dreams were not from God. He sent an Email to several people and made confession to them as well.

His board then suspended Ernie and his wife Becky from the ministry and deleted all of the dreams from the website. It was learned a couple of days ago that Ernie's father in law, who is the head elder in the local church where Ernie's membership is has reccomended to their church board that Ernie be disfellowshipped and it was unanimously agreed. The church will vote on it at their next business meeting. (Very soon)

The information has been revealed that in addition to receiving tithes and offerings, he has been receiving a regular salary from a private individual. Ernie has not had a regular job for quite some time before the dreams started, so the income from his "ministry" has been carrying them along very comfortably. There were gifts of two vehicles from supporters as well.

Becky had been working, but was convinced by Ernie to quit her job after Ernie told her he had received a special message from "Candace" that God wanted her to quit working.

Ernie and Becky have just announced that the dreams were from God after all, and they will continue with Ernie's "ministry." A new website has been put up with two new dreams and they are soliciting donations. A lot more could be said. Some people have believed all along that the dreams were not from God, but were from Satan. It is impossible to know for sure whether Ernie ever had any dreams of a supernatural kind at all. His word is all there is to go on and he has confessed to making up elaborate lies and carrying them on until he was caught. A person who has known Ernie very well for several years and is familiar with his character and history says that it is all a scam.

Whether it is a scam or from the devil, it is an evil hoax employed to "fleece the flock." There is some uncertainty as to Becky's role in this and some feel she may not be free to break away from this. At any rate, this calls for prayers that God will intervene and work things out for His glory and the protection of the church and His people who may be deceived by this.

There is no need for Prophets in the church age. There was a need prior to the cross so that God could communicate with His people. But, now that we have the Holy Spirit IN us, we need no man to teach us. The gift of prophecy is alive and well in the church, each of us can have it as the Spirit wills, along with gifts of healing, tongues, etc. But, the office of Prophet is no more, and hasn't been for 2000 years.

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim