Reddogs

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Master Po

• Pickie Chickie

• Woody

Yes. Some in the Adventist Church call her a Prophet. Perhaps he forgot about her.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Yes. Some in the Adventist Church call her a Prophet. Perhaps he forgot about her.

Nope, haven't forgotten her at all.

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim

• Moderators

There is no need for Prophets in the church age.

See 1 Cor. 12: 10; Eph. 4: 11-14; Rev. 12:17; 19: 10. Those verses teach that God placed the gift of prophecy in His church, and that this gift would be manifested in the church just before the return of Christ. It makes good, biblical sense because of the things that the church will have to go through just before the end when Satan is particularly active in his attacks on the church.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Originally Posted By: Haldog
There is no need for Prophets in the church age.

See 1 Cor. 12: 10; Eph. 4: 11-14; Rev. 12:17; 19: 10. Those verses teach that God placed the gift of prophecy in His church, and that this gift would be manifested in the church just before the return of Christ. It makes good, biblical sense because of the things that the church will have to go through just before the end when Satan is particularly active in his attacks on the church.

I am fully aware of those texts. Notice the word "gift". The gifts are available to all believers, as the Spirit wills. Prophecy is different than the office of Prophet. I was speaking of a prophet, not prophecy.

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim

No, the office of Prophet denotes much more than just prophecy.

• Moderators

Notice the word "gift". The gifts are available to all believers, as the Spirit wills. Prophecy is different than the office of Prophet. I was speaking of a prophet, not prophecy.

Eph. 4: 11, 14 and 1 Cor. 12: 28 are both references to prophets [Gk. prophetas, plural], not merely to a gift. In other words, it is saying that God chooses prophets to be in the church "until we all reach unity in the faith." That would mean that until Christ returns, we need to realize that God could send another prophet. It depends on when He knows we need one.

If there would never be a true prophet after the time of John the Beloved, there would be no need to warn us of false prophets. All that we would need is a warning against all prophets. But the fact that the Bible doesn't say this is proof that the church could expect there to be at least one true prophet between 100 AD and the time of Christ's return. 1 Thess. 5: 19-21 tells us not to despise prophecy but to test everything and hold fast to what is good. When we despise prophecy and refuse to hold on to what is good, it says we are quenching (or putting out the fire of) the Spirit.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Hey John, did you read what I posted about Ernie deciding the dreams are from God after all? And firing up a new website with two new dreams?

• Moderators

I did hear something recently about that. I'm sorry to see it. I've read enough of his "prophecies" to be convinced personally that they are not of God.

I'm somewhat--though not entirely-- surprised that he would come back even after his former supporters found out that he is a false prophet. They even wrote that he admitted them that he was deceiving people.

• Moderators

No, the office of Prophet denotes much more than just prophecy.

It's true that prophets do more than make predictions. Their main work is to bear messages from God to the people of God, and these messages may or may not contain prophecies about the future. I can't think of any Bible prophet who did not prophecy something about the future, can you?

Hey John, did you read what I posted about Ernie deciding the dreams are from God after all? And firing up a new website with two new dreams?

Most likely because he realized that there are lots of sheep in this world and are easily deceived. There can be no possible way he could think that God would give him two new dreams. He was a liar from the beginning. I mean seriously...he dreamed of Candace some character he made up... ROFL Are people to take this guy seriously? I pray to God, that He can help me actually feel for Ernie instead of despising him.

I found out there are other websites with Ernie followers who don't know he got busted. All the ones in other languages don't know.

He found out the money is good, so he can't/won't quit. He came into another blog site/forum last night under a different name and posted the new website. It was removed immediately.

• Moderators

I was astonished on other forums to find people still believing in him as a true prophet only a few days after he admitted that his dreams were false. So I think it's possible that many people contacted him and told him they still believe him. Under those conditions, from his viewpoint, why shouldn't he stay with the dreams?

I was astonished on other forums to find people still believing in him as a true prophet only a few days after he admitted that his dreams were false. So I think it's possible that many people contacted him and told him they still believe him. Under those conditions, from his viewpoint, why shouldn't he stay with the dreams?

if only they had the Internet 164 years ago....

• Moderators

I was hoping maybe his wife wasn't involved in the deception.

• Moderators

if only they had the Internet 164 years ago....

Why stop at 164 years ago? How about 2000 years ago?

• Moderators

Yeah, so evidently his wife is part of the scheme. Someone said earlier that she was tricked too, but now it looks like she knew about it all along.

She was telling somebody she witnessed some of his dreams. Now how do you witness someone else's dreams?

google a guy named Bob Jones and he'll show you how a modern "prophet" does it. He is the same man who would tell young girls to undress and he would show them heaven.