ClubAdventist is back!

How evolutionism destroys SDA theology

BobRyan

I already have several posts showing how atheist evolutionists themselves have given glaring evidence of the gaps, gaffs, flaws and by-faith-alone arguments used to prop up the failed religion of evolutionism.

But here I want to focus on the way that SDA doctrines themeselves are either downsized or deleted via the avenue of the junk-science religion of evolutionism.

1. Holy Scriptures:

The Holy Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the written Word of God, given by divine inspiration through holy men of God who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. In this Word, God has committed to man the knowledge necessary for salvation. The Holy Scriptures are the infallible revelation of His will. They are the standard of character, the test of experience, the authoritative revealer of doctrines, and the trustworthy record of God's acts in history. (2 Peter 1:20, 21; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Ps. 119:105; Prov. 30:5, 6; Isa. 8:20; John 17:17; 1 Thess. 2:13; Heb. 4:12.)

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BobRyan

• jasd

• Bravus

very well said. people seem to forget that evolution actually requires More faith then Creation.. I'm so glad God has given us the Biblical account of the creaton story...

Good question Richard.

I am just positive their response wont start by "ignoring the details" (lots of hand-waiving and generalizing) and then combine that tactic with "providing no details" of their own to support whatever side issue they select for the purpose of derailing.

Or at least we can "hope".

I wont speak for the posters on THIS board -- but I will say this about "other boards" I have posted on when it comes to the topic of "Christians" and "Evolutionism". Whenever you compare and contrast the doctrine of origins as taught by Darwin vs the doctrine of origins as taught in scripture - such that you relate it to a systematic body of beliefs -- scripture by scripture... you get a "non-scripture" answer from the evolutionists.

In fact I usually get an "anything but scripture" response from them on those "other boards".

We will see how things go here.

in Christ,

Bob

You hit that one out of the park Bob!

What will the pseudo adventist, evolution believing people say to this?

He'll be along shortly, 5..4..3..2..1

the G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Evolutionism argues that 1. The Bible is not "the Word of God" - not in written form nor in any other form. Rather it is the "word of fallen and faulty man" who at various stages of ignorance tries to convey some truth via poetry or some other device.

Okay, then the evolutionist is the word of God? They are unfallen? Hmmmm? Sounds like they feel that they are the ones with truth....

• Members

Bob, great post. Praise the Lord.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: BobRyan
Evolutionism argues that 1. The Bible is not "the Word of God" - not in written form nor in any other form. Rather it is the "word of fallen and faulty man" who at various stages of ignorance tries to convey some truth via poetry or some other device.

Okay, then the evolutionist is the word of God? They are unfallen? Hmmmm? Sounds like they feel that they are the ones with truth....

I think that is quite the case, but that idea of the evolutionist is only a failed attempt to fufill the statement of the serpent in Gen 3.

'ye shall be as gods" Its all or nothing with God, either He creates or he dosen't but the interesting aspect if that humans reveal that they need God, when we take our own lives..

Sin is so destructive that it causes those whom love it to kill Himself.. either directly or indirectly. An attempt to get rid of God is an attempt to get rid of life itself, and we all know what happens when you get rid of the Life Giver.....

1 Pet 1:24-25

Praise God!

It makes you wish one of the La Sierra evolutionists or the PUC evolutionists or the 60-70% of SDA science teachers surveyed in 1994 who said they could not agree with the Bible statement on origins - (God making all life on earth in 6 literal days less than 10,000 years ago) --- to see if they are able to state their "beliefs" in contrast to the 28FB sections listed here.

in Christ,

Bob

indeed - evolutionism not only undercuts the Sabbath, but it undercuts the Gospel because it destroys the concept of the fall of man from a pristine condition and it destroys the concept of a loving Creator.

In it's place it gives us "creation via death, predation, starvation and extinction" and it uplifts the "law of tooth and claw" as the "means to life" at ever more exaulted and complex levels.

in Christ,

Bob

It makes you wish one of the La Sierra evolutionists or the PUC evolutionists or the 60-70% of SDA science teachers surveyed in 1994 who said they could not agree with the Bible statement on origins - (God making all life on earth in 6 literal days less than 10,000 years ago)

Playing devil's advocate here, but just where in the bible would you find that all life on earth was created less than 10k years ago? I could go along with less than 10k years since sin entered the world, but as for how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden before that I have never discovered.

BTW, I was a student at LLU and heard this rubbish about evolution and never believed.

Shalom

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim

• Moderators

Doesn't the fact that Eve didn't get pregnant until after the Fall indicate that they weren't in the Garden more than a year or two at the most, if that?

Gen. 4: 1 makes it sound like she became pregnant fairly soon after the promise of the Messiah in Gen. 3: 15.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

What a wonderful proof text. Thank you so much. It's amazing how one can read a text numerous times and yet miss a few significant words, even when I'm looking for them. I have now changed my view-point, thanks for sharing.

Shalom

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim

Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

The text is significant because it gives Adams total age. Inn Genesis 5:3 we are told that Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born (but we do not know how old he was when Cain and Able were born - just that he had to be less than 130 years old).

And since the text makes it appear that Seth was born after the death of Able -- we know that Adam and Eve were in the Garden for something less than 100 years.

Thus the earth since the time of Creation is far less than 10,000 years old, and it means that our 6,000 years of sin estimates are correct as well.

in Christ,

Bob

Yes John, they must not have been in the garden very long and they could not have had any offspring in the garden either.

As the History Channel pointed out a few days ago, we now can trace the history of some of the Nations. They have traced the ‘Scorpion King’ to about 200 years after the birth of Seth. This raises lots of questions on the interpretation of Creation as recorded in the Bible. If Adam and Eve were the first humans on this earth, then the evidence now discovered would cause problems with the timing recorded in the bible.

• Moderators

Yes John, they must not have been in the garden very long and they could not have had any offspring in the garden either.

As the History Channel pointed out a few days ago, we now can trace the history of some of the Nations. They have traced the ‘Scorpion King’ to about 200 years after the birth of Seth. This raises lots of questions on the interpretation of Creation as recorded in the Bible. If Adam and Eve were the first humans on this earth, then the evidence now discovered would cause problems with the timing recorded in the bible.

What do we accept as the measure of truth-- our senses or the word of God?

For instance, if astronomers photograph and record beings from outer space who tell us things that contradict the Bible, which would/should we accept-- the video tape or the Bible?

How much do we trust the Bible? Who will we trust when the test comes? WE are deciding every day.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

John, that's not a fair question. The question should be how much should we trust in the interpretation of what was written in the Bible? What I see, is that the bible (the OT) is 100 percent correct and it agrees 100 percent with science. The problem is on how the editors interpreted what is in the bible. This is one reason we should look at the Septuagint for help.

As the History Channel pointed out a few days ago, we now can trace the history of some of the Nations. They have traced the ‘Scorpion King’ to about 200 years after the birth of Seth.

Hint - Noah took no "history books with him" on the ark - so there is no "trace back to 200 years after Seth" for "Scorpion King" mythology.

But it makes for a good laugh I suppose.

in the mean time - we have the list of doctrines that are attacked by the myths and false doctrines of evolutionism - as stated.

in Christ,

Bob

What do we accept as the measure of truth-- our senses or the word of God?

For instance, if astronomers photograph and record beings from outer space who tell us things that contradict the Bible, which would should we accept-- the video tape or the Bible?

How much do we trust the Bible? Who will we trust when the test comes? WE are deciding every day.

Good point. We live in a world that the Bible says -- includes the "devil and his angels" (who are more intelligent than even those genius atheist evolutionists believe it or not).

The idea that we "can not be fooled" is kinda like the native americans assuming they "could not be duped" by the people from Europe coming to America with more advanced technology.

It was a very very foolish assumption on their part.

It was foolish of Saul to go to the witch of Endore and assume "he could not be fooled".

It was foolish of Eve to talk to the serpent and assume "she could not be fooled".

Man against Satan -- Satan wins every time.

Better to trust God than man.

in Christ,

Bob

Maybe I should have added the point that once we deny downsize denegrade scripture - our next steps are to take 'just any old story' man tells and substitute it for the Word of God -- in my OP list.

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthread...html#Post259859