• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• skyblue888

• wayfinder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And according to Jesus, we do not make void or destroy the Law.
So just because you like the law...or agree with the law, everything is okay....? No, the law doesn't care if you like it or not...it demands two things: obey and live, disobey and die

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook
Robert has me confused. What are you trying to say Robert?
About what?

Are you a law thrower outer?

Originally Posted By: Robert
About what?

Are you a law thrower outer?

18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Just checking. Sometimes you make me wonder.

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law....[Rom 7:6]....How? :You also died to the law through the body of Christ" [7:4]....."When One died, all died".... "our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with" [6:6]

You see you died "in Christ"....Your substance...your humanity was "in Him"....Not as an individual, but your life...your corporate humanity was there. How?

Where did you come from? Mom and dad, right? You are literally part of their flesh and blood....Now go all the way back to Adam....That's where you came from, only after the fall.....You are bone of his bone, flesh of his flesh....Hence you share Adam's fallen life. That life, from Mary, Christ took into Himself as God. That life belongs to all of us....It is our humanity...it is our shared humanity. It belongs to you. Hence, your substance died in the humanity of Christ....

I don't know Robert

Well, the "in Christ" motif answers the law because your life from Adam died....Also, Christ defeated "sin in the flesh" because this life tempted Him from the cradle to the grave...but He never for a moment gave into it....So "in Christ" your life was made obedient to the law.....So "in Christ" you obeyed and "in Christ" you died the curse of the law....Sunday morning Christ was raised with a glorified humanity free from all sin...Hence "in Him" you have a new humanity by faith....You receive this humanity at the resurrection.

Does that make void the law....No, the gospel fulfilled the law....It has been answered "in Christ"....Now that you have accepted this does that mean you should enjoy and condone sin as a lifestyle? "By no means"....Why? You died in Christ....So now reckon yourself to be dead to sin and alive to God....That's the goal....

Well, the "in Christ" motif answers the law because your life from Adam died....Also, Christ defeated "sin in the flesh" because this life tempted Him from the cradle to the grave...but He never for a moment gave into it....So "in Christ" your life was made obedient to the law.....So "in Christ" you obeyed and "in Christ" you died the curse of the law....Sunday morning Christ was raised with a glorified humanity free from all sin...Hence "in Him" you have a new humanity by faith....You receive this humanity at the resurrection.

Does that make void the law....No, the gospel fulfilled the law....It has been answered "in Christ"....Now that you have accepted this does that mean you should enjoy and condone sin as a lifestyle? "By no means"....Why? You died in Christ....So now reckon yourself to be dead to sin and alive to God....That's the goal....

Amen

thumbsup

Being "under the Law" mean that which we look to for salvation doesn't it? We are not looking to the Law for salvation, but rather to Jesus. And according to Jesus, we do not make void or destroy the Law.

According to Jeremiah, a distinguishing feature of the New Covenant is the writing of the Law upon the hearts of His followers, making the Law much more intimate within the believer.

g

True. The New Covenant always comes in to remind us that the Law is "written on the heart" instead of "Abolished".

Hence Paul argues "Do we then make void the Law of God by our faith? God forbid!! In fact we Establish the Law of God" Rom 3:31.

And he goes on to say in 1Cor 7:19 "but what matters is KEEPING the commandments of God".

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Originally Posted By: olger
And according to Jesus, we do not make void or destroy the Law.
So just because you like the law...or agree with the law, everything is okay....? No, the law doesn't care if you like it or not...it demands two things: obey and live, disobey and die

Correction. That would be the view of the law from the standpoint of the lost person. A view you seem to have a lot of clarity on - - no question about it.

But Olger was talking about the New Covenant perspective of the Law of God -- that would be the view of the Law from the standpoint of the SAVED person. An entirely different context as it turns out. Hence his reference to the Gospel-centric "New Covenant" principle of the Law written on the heart.

That not-so-subtle detail keeps getting lost in your responses.

in Christ,

Bob

Ok "shorty" what was that about bwink

Was it something I "said"?? :)

in Christ,

Bob

Ok now -- let me see - where are those emoticons...

LOLROFL

LOLROFL

LOLROFL

In a word -- "no".

(If only Robert were here now - I know he would enjoy this as much as I)

in Christ,

Bob

Can you show me where the Son of God taught this, while He was here on earth.

John 15:3 You are already clean [purified/righteous] because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Now remain in me [i.e., by faith remain "in Christ"], and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me [by faith] and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing

Hence Paul argues "Do we then make void the Law of God by our faith? God forbid!! In fact we Establish the Law of God" Rom 3:31.

Out of context....You do not establish the law. To establish the law means the law is completely satisfied with your performance.....That means you would be without sin...and you know that's not true.

I don't know what version you are using, but an accurate version does not say "by our faith"....It says, "by the faith"...."The faith" means Jesus....In other words does justification by faith (that's the context of Romans 3) do away with the law? No! Why not? "The faith" (Jesus) established the law.....And we were "in Him"

"New Covenant" principle of the Law written on the heart.

Written on the heart...means written in your mind, which is no longer carnal....The carnal mind hates God's law (agape). Your mind in now in harmony with agape (as in love is the fulfillment of the law). Your desires are now opposite the desires of your sinful nature....But unless you surrender your mind to God the law written in your heart means nothing and you'll serve the flesh....