ClubAdventist is back!

1844 and the sanctuary message

Guest truthseeker007

Well I agree that Brinsmead was in error on several points.

In Romans 2 Paul outlines the process that is used in the Investigative Judgment. And Jesus reveals the principle used "by their fruits you shall know them"

The Judgment does not change your saved/lost condition. It merely reveals what it already is. Nobody goes into the IJ saved and comes out lost. Nobody goes into the IJ lost and comes out saved. Looking at the good tree's fruit does not make the tree good. It was already good before you looked.

The problem that Christ points to in Matt 7 and Matt 25 is "self-deception" many people supposing that because they were once saved they are still saved -- even though in fact "they have lost their first love".

Another problem is the case of those who never really understood what it was to really repent and turn from their life of sin - instead they simply put on the cloak of "church" over a life of rebellion and called it "saved".

It is the "many" of Matt 7 that will be lost and Christ is speaking in context to His own chosen people - the followers of Christ telling them that the majority will not be saved.

The SDA view is not that God waits until your name comes up to save you, or even to forgive you. You must be saved first to walk the Romans 8 walk. The IJ simply shows who did it - and thus who had truly experience the "new Birth" for "if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation" (2Cor 5).

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BobRyan

• John317

• oldsailor29

• wayfinder

It all depends upon our prospective. I see the judgment of the kingdom of heaven taking place at the present time. The judgment of the nations is future and occurs during the seven trumpets. The proclaimation "the hour of his judgment has come" is yet future and the gospel proclaimed during this judgment is the gospel of the kingdom, just like the Son of God said, and then the end will come. The end of salvation the seventh trumpet.

14:6

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;

This is future.

The first angels message "the hour of His judgment has come" was preached in the 1840's as history notes.

We see that judgment depicted in Daniel 7.

And at some future point it will pass from the dead to the living.

As Paul notes in 2Cor 5 "We must ALL stand before the judgment seat of Christ".

The same thread of Bible truth running all through scripture.

in Christ,

Bob

Dan 7:10

"A river of fire was flowing And coming out from before Him; Thousands upon thousands were attending Him, And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him; The court sat, And the books were opened.

Dan 7:26

'But the court will sit {for judgment,} and his dominion will be taken away, annihilated and destroyed forever.

When the court "sat for judgment" its first item on the docket was the horn with eyes and a mouth. The papal power lost it's dominion prior to 1844. The court sat and the books opened prior to the end of the roman empire (fourth beast)

Dan 7:11

"Then I kept looking because of the sound of the boastful words which the horn was speaking; I kept looking until the beast was slain, and its body was destroyed and given to the burning fire.

This is clearly not the investigative judgment of the dead, this is prior to 1844. The first decision of the court is in favor of the saints and the dominion of the papal power is taken away.

Dan 7:22

until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was passed in favor of the saints of the Highest One, and the time arrived when the saints took possession of the kingdom.

The saints took possession of the kingdom when they went out to meet the Bridegroom (1843).

Matthew 25:1 Then the kingdom of heaven will be like...

• Moderators

In one of her dream/visions she worked all night, cutting robes out of white material, for people who were going to be saved. As she worked, she saw the people for whom she was working. And in some cases she would complain that the people were undeserving. But the Lord would reply that He would decide who was to get robes, and she should just keep on cutting without being concerned about who deserves their robes.

I think her dream is interesting and worth quoting:

Quote:
One night I dreamed that a person brought to me a web of white cloth, and bade me cut it into garments for persons of all sizes and all descriptions of character and circumstances in life. I was told to cut them out and hang them up all ready to be made when called for. I had the impression that many for whom I was required to cut garments were unworthy. I inquired if that was the last piece of cloth I should have to cut, and was told that it was not; that as soon as I had finished this one, there were others for me to take hold of.

I felt discouraged at the amount of work before me, and stated that I had been engaged in cutting garments for others for more than twenty years, and my labors had not been appreciated, neither did I see that my work had accomplished much good. I spoke to the person who brought the cloth to me, of one woman in particular, for whom he had told me to cut a garment. I stated that she would not prize the garment, and that it would be a loss of time and material to present it to her. She was very poor, of inferior intellect, and untidy in her habits, and would soon soil it.

The person replied: "Cut out the garments; that is your duty. The loss is not yours, but mine. God sees not as man sees. He lays out the work that He would have done, and you do not know which will prosper, this or that. It will be found that many such poor souls will go into the kingdom, while others, who are favored with all the blessings of life, having good intellects and pleasant surroundings, giving them all the advantages of improvement, will be left out. It will be seen that these poor souls have lived up to the feeble light which they had, and have improved by the limited means within their reach, and lived much more acceptably than some others who have enjoyed full light, and ample means for improvement."

I then held up my hands, calloused as they were with long use of the shears, and stated that I could but shrink at the thought of pursuing this kind of labor.

The person again repeated: "Cut out the garments. Your release has not yet come."

With feelings of great weariness I arose to engage in the work. Before me lay new, polished shears, which I commenced using. At once my feelings of weariness and discouragement left me, the shears seemed to cut with hardly an effort on my part, and I cut out garment after garment with comparative ease.

Visiting Churches in Michigan

With the encouragement which this dream gave me, I at once decided to accompany my husband and Brother Andrews to Gratiot, Saginaw, and Tuscola counties, and trust in the Lord to give me strength to labor. So, on the 7th of February, we left home, and rode fifty-five miles to our appointment at Alma. Here I labored as usual, with a good degree of freedom and strength. The friends in Gratiot County seemed interested to hear. {LS 182- 185}

NOTE: Which ones receive the white garments? The answer: "It will be seen that these poor souls have lived up to the feeble light which they had, and have improved by the limited means within their reach, and lived much more acceptably than some others who have enjoyed full light, and ample means for improvement."

Compare her dream with what she says about the wedding garment in COL 307-319. There she says that the wedding garment is both the imputed and the imparted righteousness of Christ, p. 310.

"Righteousness is right doing, and it is by their deeds that all will be judged. Our characters are revealed by what we do. The works show whether the faith is genuine" p. 312.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

“It is a terrible thing to be self-deceived; for many will, because of self-confidence and self-sufficiency, be eternally lost. Now, just now, is the time to wash our robes of character, and make them white in the blood of the Lamb. We cannot afford to lose heaven. Awful will be the revelation to those who find that the books of heaven testify that they have permitted themselves to become Satan’s helpers in deceiving other souls, and causing them also to lose eternal life. Inexpressible sad is the picture of those whom others will charge with the loss of their souls. Eternal life was within their reach, but their deluded, proud hearts were not broken, and they refused to confess their sins.” —Manuscript Releases Volume Nineteen, p. 374.

“Thus Satan works today through his evil angels. He confederates with men who claim to be in the faith; and those who are trying to carry forward the work of God with fidelity, having no man’s person in admiration, working without hypocrisy and partiality, will have just as severe trials brought against them as Satan can bring through those who claim to love God. Proportionate to the light and knowledge these opposers have is Satan’s success. The root of bitterness strikes deep, and is communicated to others. Thus many are defiled. Their statements are confused and untruthful, their principles are unscrupulous, and Satan finds in them the very helpers he needs.” —Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, Sept. 14, 1897.

“My brethren, you are Christ’s soldiers, making aggressive warfare against Satan and his host; but it is grievous to the Spirit of God for you to be surmising evil of one another, and letting the imagination of your hearts be controlled by the power of the great accuser, whose business it is to accuse them before God day and night. Satan has his soldiers trained for the special work of breaking up the union which Christ made so great a sacrifice to establish between brethren. We are to be bound to one another in sacred bonds of holy union. But it is the work of the enemy to create a party spirit, and to have party feelings, and some feel that they are doing the work of God in strengthening prejudices and jealousies among brethren. God would have a sacred order to exist among his co-workers, that they may be bound together by Christ in the Lord God of Israel. We are to be faithful, frank, and true to the interests of each other. We are constantly to be listening for orders from our Captain, but not be guilty of listening to reports against our brethren, or imagining evil of our brethren. Our interests must be bound up with our brethren’s, and it is decidedly nothing but the work of the Devil to create suspicion and jealousies between each other. We are working for the same cause and under the same Master. It is one work, —the preparation of the people of God in these last days. The prosperity and reputation of our brethren are to be zealously guarded, as we would have our own honor and reputation preserved. Everything like evil-speaking, every word that savors of sarcasm, every influence that would demerit our brethren or any branch of the work of God, are all working away from the prayer of Christ. Satan is at work in this matter, that the prayer of Christ may not be answered, and he has helpers in the very men who claim to be doing the work of God. Everything that is said to create suspicion, or to cast a slur, or to demerit those engaged in appointed agencies, is working on Satan’s side of the question. It brings only weakness to our own souls, and is a great hindrance to the advancement of the work of God.” —The Ellen G. White 1888 Materials, pp. 198-199.

“Satan’s chief work is at the headquarters of our faith. He spares no pains to corrupt men in responsible positions and to persuade them to be unfaithful to their several trusts. He insinuates his suspicions and jealousies into the minds of those whose business it is to do God’s work faithfully. While God is testing and proving these helpers, and fitting them for their posts, Satan is doing his utmost to deceive and allure them, that they may not only be destroyed themselves, but may influence others to do wrong and to injure the great work. He seeks by all the means in his power to shake the confidence of God’s people in the voice of warning and reproof through which God designs to purify the church and prosper His cause.” —Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 4, pp. 210-211.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Dan 7:10

"A river of fire was flowing And coming out from before Him; Thousands upon thousands were attending Him, And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him; The court sat, And the books were opened.

The text does not say "the beast accuses them until the ancient of days came and the court starts it's work" rather it says "until the Ancient of Days came AND JUDGMENT WAS PASSED IN FAVOR of the saints" which marks the endpoint of that work of judgment -- not the start of it.

When you put it like it makes sense Bob.

NOTE: Which ones receive the white garments? The answer: "It will be seen that these poor souls have lived up to the feeble light which they had, and have improved by the limited means within their reach, and lived much more acceptably than some others who have enjoyed full light, and ample means for improvement."

Compare her dream with what she says about the wedding garment in COL 307-319. There she says that the wedding garment is both the imputed and the imparted righteousness of Christ, p. 310.

"Righteousness is right doing, and it is by their deeds that all will be judged. Our characters are revealed by what we do. The works show whether the faith is genuine" p. 312.

Very good to have the entire quotation, and good to know that I did no damage in my paraphrase from memory. I count myself among the souls with feeble knowledge. And "Life Sketches" is one of my favorite books.

I believe you pointed out earlier that the purpose of God's judgment is to reveal who is saved and who is lost, as opposed to determining. I think that is correct. Our futures have already been determined at the time of judgment, and the judgment just reveals those futures. I really need to keep that in my mind when I read about God's judgments, so I won't become confused about what is actually going on. Thank you for pointing that out.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

Quote:

Recall that Ellen White was clear on the point -- that back in her day "not one in 20" within the church were in fact saved.

Imagine being college class and near the end the professor says "I have reviewed the grades and only 5% of this class is passing this course -- the rest are flunking".

As you sit there in the student's chair - are you "motivated" to take some action to ensure that you are one of the tiny 5%? I say for certain -- your life depends on it!

Fortunately, Ellen is not the "professor" - God is!

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

A friend sent the following to me yesterday:

DON'T LEAVE IT ON THE DESK

There was a certain Professor of Religion named Dr. Christianson, a

studious man, who taught at a small college in the western United States ..

Dr. Christianson taught the required survey course in Christianity at this particular institution. Every student was required to take this course his freshman year, regardless of his or her major.

Although Dr. Christianson tried hard to communicate the essence of the gospel in his class, he found that most of his students looked upon the course as nothing but required drudgery. Despite his best efforts, most students refused to take Christianity seriously.

This year, Dr. Christianson had a special student named Steve. Steve was only a freshman, but was studying with the intent of going onto seminary

for the ministry. Steve was popular, well liked, and he was an imposing physical specimen. He was now the starting center on the school football team, and was the best student in the professor's class.

One day, Dr. Christianson asked Steve to stay after class so he could talk with him.

"How many push-ups can you do?"

Steve said, "I do about 200 every night."

"200? That's pretty good, Steve," Dr. Christianson said. "Do you think you could do 300?"

Steve replied, "I don't know..... I've never done 300 at a time."

"Do you think you could?" again asked Dr. Christianson..

"Well, I can try," said Steve.

"Can you do 300 in sets of 10? I have a class project in mind and I need you to do about 300 push-ups in sets of ten for this to work. Can you do it? I need you to tell me if you can do it," said the professor.

Steve said, "Well.... I think I can...yeah, I can do it."

Dr. Christianson said, "Good! I need you to do this on Friday.. Let me explain what I have in mind."

Friday came and Steve got to class early and sat in the front of the room. When class started, the professor pulled out a big box of donuts.

No, these weren't the normal kinds of donuts, they were the extra fancy BIG kind, with cream centers and frosting swirls. Everyone was pretty excited it was Friday, the last class of the day, and they were going to get an early start on the weekend with a party in Dr. Christianson's class.

Dr. Christianson went to the first girl in the first row and asked,

"Cynthia, do you want to have one of these donuts?"

Cynthia said, "Yes."

Dr. Christianson then turned to Steve and asked, "Steve, would you

do ten push-ups so that Cynthia can have a donut?"

"Sure..." Steve jumped down from his desk to do a quick ten. Then

Steve again sat in his desk. Dr. Christianson put a donut on Cynthia's desk.

Dr. Christianson then went to Joe, the next person, and asked, "Joe, do you want a donut?"

Joe said, "Yes." Dr. Christianson asked, "Steve would you do ten

push-ups so Joe can have a donut?"

Steve did ten push-ups, Joe got a donut. And so it went, down

the first aisle, Steve did ten push-ups for every person before they got their donut.

Walking down the second aisle, Dr. Christianson came to Scott.

Scott was on the basketball team, and in as good condition as Steve. He was very popular and never lacking for female companionship.

When the professor asked, "Scott, do you want a donut?"

Scott's reply was, "Well, can I do my own push-ups?"

Dr. Christianson said, "No, Steve has to do them."

Then Scott said, "Well, I don't want one then."

Dr. Christianson shrugged and then turned to Steve and asked,

"Steve, would you do ten push-ups so Scott can have a donut he doesn't want?"

With perfect obedience Steve started to do ten push-ups.

Scott said, "HEY! I said I didn't want one!"

Dr. Christianson said, "Look! This is my classroom, my desks, and

these are my donuts.. Just leave it on the desk if you don't want it." And he put a donut on Scott's desk.

Now by this time, Steve had begun to slow down a little. He just

stayed on the floor between sets because it took too much effort to be getting up and down. You could start to see a little perspiration coming out around his brow.

Dr. Christianson started down the third row. Now the students were

beginning to get a little angry. Dr. Christianson asked Jenny, Jenny, do you want a donut?"

Sternly, Jenny said, "No."

Then Dr. Christianson asked Steve, "Steve, would you do ten more

push-ups so Jenny can have a donut she doesn't want?"

Steve did ten.....Jenny got a donut.

By now, a growing sense of uneasiness filled the room. The students

were beginning to say "No" and there were all these uneaten donuts on the desks.

Steve also had to really put forth a lot of extra effort to get

these push-ups done for each donut. There began to be a small pool of sweat on the floor beneath his face, his arms and brow were beginning to get red because of the physical effort involved.

Dr. Christianson asked Robert, who was the most vocal unbeliever in

the class, to watch Steve do each push up to make sure he did the full ten push-ups in a set because he couldn't bear to watch all of Steve's work for all of those uneaten donuts. He sent Robert over to where Steve was so Robert could count the set and watch Steve closely.

Dr. Christianson started down the fourth row. During his class,

however, some students from other classes had wandered in and sat down on the steps along the radiators that ran down the sides of the room. When the professor realized this, he did a quick count and saw that now there were 34 students in the room. He started to worry if Steve would be able to make it.

Dr. Christianson went on to the next person and the next and the next. Near the end of that row, Steve was really having a rough time. He was taking a lot more time to complete each set.

Steve asked Dr. Christianson, "Do I have to make my nose touch on each one?"

Dr. Christianson thought for a moment, "Well, they're your push-ups. You are in charge now. You can do them any way that you want." And Dr. Christianson went on.

A few moments later, Jason, a recent transfer student, came to the

room and was about to come in when all the students yelled in one voice, "NO! Don't come in! Stay out!"

Jason didn't know what was going on. Steve picked up his head and

said, "No, let him come."

Professor Christianson said, "You realize that if Jason comes in

you will have to do ten push-ups for him?"

Steve said, "Yes, let him come in. Give him a donut"

Dr. Christianson said, "Okay, Steve, I'll let you get Jason's out of the way right now. Jason, do you want a donut?"

Jason, new to the room, hardly knew what was going on. "Yes," he

said, "give me a donut."

"Steve, will you do ten push-ups so that Jason can have a donut?"

Steve did ten push-ups very slowly and with great effort. Jason,

bewildered, was handed a donut and sat down.

Dr. Christianson finished the fourth row, and then started on those

visitors seated by the heaters. Steve's arms were now shaking with each push-up in a struggle to lift himself against the force of gravity. By this time, sweat was profusely dropping off of his face, there was no sound except his heavy breathing; there was not a dry eye in the room.

The very last two students in the room were two young women, both

cheerleaders, and very popular. Dr. Christianson went to Linda, the second to last, and asked, "Linda, do you want a doughnut?"

Linda said, very sadly, "No. Thank you."

Professor Christianson quietly asked, "Steve, would you do ten

push-ups so that Linda can have a donut she doesn't want?"

Grunting from the effort, Steve did ten very slow push-ups for

Linda.

Then Dr. Christianson turned to the last girl, Susan. "Susan, do you want a donut?"

Susan, with tears flowing down her face, began to cry. "Dr.

Christianson, why can't I help him?"

Dr. Christianson, with tears of his own, said, "No, Steve has to do it alone. I have given him this task and he is in charge of seeing that everyone has an opportunity for a donut whether they want it or not. When I decided to have a party this last day of class, I looked at my grade book. Steve here is the only student with a perfect grade. Everyone else has failed a test, skipped class, or offered me inferior work. Steve told me that in football practice, when a player messes up he must do push-ups. I told Steve that none of you could come to my party unless he paid the

price by doing your push ups. He and I made a deal for your sakes."

"Steve, would you do ten push-ups so Susan can have a donut?"

As Steve very slowly finished his last push-up, with the

understanding that he had accomplished all that was required of him, having done 350 push-ups, his arms buckled beneath him and he fell to the floor.

Dr. Christianson turned to the room and said. "And so it was, that our Savior, Jesus Christ, on the cross, pleaded to the Father, 'into thy hands I commend my spirit.' With the understanding that He had done everything that was required of Him, He yielded up His life. And like some of those in this room, many of us leave the gift on the desk, uneaten."

Two students helped Steve up off the floor and to a seat, physically exhausted, but wearing a thin smile.

"Well done, good and faithful servant," said the professor, adding

"Not all sermons are preached in words."

Turning to his class, the professor said, "My wish is that you might understand and fully comprehend all the riches of grace and mercy that have been given to you through the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He spared not only His Begotten Son, but gave Him up for us all, for the whole Church, now and forever. Whether or not we choose to accept His gift to us, the price has been paid."

"Wouldn't you be foolish and ungrateful to leave it lying on the desk?"

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

I have heard this before--and it is clearly a lie. Each of us has a choice to make and that is to obey the words of Jesus or not. What ever we do we are judged by our choice. If we show respect to God by obeying, then we have repented and overcome sin and have become righteious even though we had sin at one time, we are judged righteous by the standard known as the ten commandments. IF one makes the right choice, then the paymnet of the penalty of the second death will not be necessary because Jesus' death for the sin of Adam ratified this payment.

It is utterly foolish to believe the same lie that Satan (the snake) told Eve--that one can't obey God but since God loves everyone so much His grace will be sufficent because Jesus died for everyone so you will not die.

Grace is subjective and can be given at the whim of the one giving it. If you took a test that was subjective and the teacher didn't like your looks, then it would not make any difference what you did, you would not get a good grade.

On the other hand, obeying the words of Jesus Christ and Him only is totally objective. We have ONE standard and that is to obey the whole covenant. Period! (These are NOT my words, they are directly from the words of Jesus!)

We should never have learned the meaning of this word "grace" had we not fallen. God loves the sinless angels, who do His service and are obedient to all His commands, but He does not give them grace. These heavenly beings know nought of grace; they have never needed it, for they have never sinned. Grace is an attribute of God shown to undeserving human beings. We ourselves did not seek after it, but it was sent out in search of us. God rejoices to bestow this grace upon all who hunger for it, not because we are worthy, but because we are so utterly unworthy. Our need is the qualification which gives us the assurance that we shall receive this gift. {HP 34.3}

We ARE unworthy. But eternal life is based upon who you know. Not who YOU are.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

According to Christ in Matt 7 - what you do is determined by what you are. In Gal 2:20 what you are depends on who lives in side you. In 2 Cor 5 (the new creation) and John 3:16 what you are is determined by who you give your life to --

So yes - Romans 2:5-16 is correct to predict that "it is not the hearers of the law that are just before God but the doers of the Law WILL be justified"

• Members

"doers of the Law WILL be justified", interesting words, Bob, by Paul! So shall we call him a legalist now. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

The doers of the law will be justified but that does not mean that they will be saved on account of their good works for in and of themselves the works that the grace of God will have enabled them to do will not play a part in the salvation of the soul or in merit. The redeemed will be rewarded for the "good works" His grace enabled them to do but when they finally walk through the everlasting gates it will be only on account of the all-sufficient merits of Christ and they will know it.

Anyone entertaining the thought that "good works" play a part in the salvation of the soul or in merit would be guilty before the tribunal of God of treason!

your thoughts,

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

The Two Oars--Faith and Works.--

If we are faithful in doing our part, in cooperating with Him, God will work through us [to do] the good pleasure of His will. But He cannot work through us if we make no effort. If we gain eternal life, we must work, and work earnestly. . . . Let us not be deceived by the oft-repeated assertion, "All you have to do is to believe." Faith and works are two oars which we must use equally if we [would] press our way up the stream against the current of unbelief. "Faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." The Christian is a man of thought and practice. His faith fixes its roots firmly in Christ. By faith and good works he keeps his spirituality strong and healthy, and his spiritual strength increases as he strives to work the works of God.--Review and Herald, June 11, 1901. {WM 315.4}

"doers of the Law WILL be justified", interesting words, Bob, by Paul! So shall we call him a legalist now. :)

pk

Yes - this is where he finally gets the boot!! How dare he!! Who does he think he is anyway! An inspired author of scripture???

The nerve.

bwink

The doers of the law will be justified but that does not mean that they will be saved on account of their good works for in and of themselves the works that the grace of God will have enabled them to do will not play a part in the salvation of the soul or in merit.

In Romans 2 -- Paul addresses judgment "future" and "justifcation fututre".

Notice he say "WILL BE justified".

In Romans 5:1 Paul addresses "justification PAST" saying "HAVING BEEN justified by faith we HAVE peace with God".

Good works as we see in 2Cor 5 and Romans 2 and John 5 and Matt 7 and ... are used in that "future" Dan 7 judgment to "show what already is".

First you must be "justified by faith" so that you can even get a seat at the table. God does not ask you to "persevere in being lost" in Romans 2:6-11. Instead He asks that we "persevere in doing good works" AS a saved person.

Makes all the difference in the world.

in Christ,

Bob

So yes - Romans 2:5-16 is correct to predict that "it is not the hearers of the law that are just before God but the doers of the Law WILL be justified"

This is the language of a Judizer! Again, you misunderstand Paul.

You are justified by faith in the doing and dying of Christ and nothing else. Paul isn't talking about Sanctification here (growth)! He specifically said "the doers of the law will be justified". You need to look at the whole context because his conclusion is found in Romans 3:9

What shall we conclude then? Are we [Jews] any better [than the Gentiles]? Not at all!

Remember, Paul speaks of the Gentiles who turned their backs on God. And then he spoke of those who, although they didn't have the Torah (law), knew of God through creation and accepted Him and bore fruit.

Then Paul spoke of the Jews who were under law, yet were failing to live the law. All these (Jews & Gentiles) are ultimately a bunch of sinners:

We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. 10 As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one

• Moderators

This is nothing more than the flesh wanting credit....Again, "All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

The only way you will ever sit at the table is because of Christ and His righteousness....If you try to add to the righteousness of Christ you are implying that what He achieved was incomplete. That is an insult to Christ. That's why the moment you try to add anything to His work you've had it (read Gal 3:10). You can't add to His finished work. You can't improve on it. What Christ gives you by faith is perfect, it is finished, it is complete. How can you be foolish by trying to add to it?

Check out Romans 2: 5-11:

5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.