ClubAdventist is back!

Door-to-door Missionaries

CGMedley

• Members

I usually say no thank you. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Many years ago my wife came home just in time to find two JWs talking to our daughter who was only about 10 at the time. I would hope that if two SDAs came to someone home and there was no adults there that they would not try to force there way in just to talk to a very young person. I believe that that is unexceptable in my book.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

HEY PKRAUSE

I also did this Jehovah witness but the wanted to

dominate the conversation

dgrimm60

I have found that if you tell JW's that you are SDA they will leave.

Quote:
Isa.8:20 "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them."

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

The JWs keep careful records of their contacts. For instance, when they come to your door and you appear to be a potential "interest," they will keep coming to your door until you show that you're no longer interested.

At the same time, though, they keep track of people who aren't at all receptive to their message or are a waste of time from their viewpoint. They write down the address and tell other JWs not to come to your door. Strong SDAs are high on their lists at the local Kingdom Hall for non-visits. Certain JWs are assigned particular streets or sections of the town and others are supposed to stay out.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Genesis 2:1-3 in the Jehovah Witness' New World Translation--

1 Thus the heavens and the earth and all their army came to their completion. 2 And by the seventh day God came to the completion of his work that he had made, and he proceeded to rest on the seventh day from all his work that he had made. 3 And God proceeded to bless the seventh day and make it sacred, because on it he has been resting from all his work that God has created for the purpose of making.

Question: does the text actually say that God never stopped resting since that first seventh day?

The Jehovah Witnesses believe it does. They therefore believe that we are still in the seventh day. All the days of creation week, from their viewpoint, were thousands of years long.

Are they right? What would you say if they came to your door and showed you this verse from their New World Translation after you tell them that we should keep the Sabbath?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.