ClubAdventist is back!

Woodstock - - 40 years later

Stan

I looked at fleetwoodmac.org They have a menu for photos and information on former members.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phkrause

• olger

• GreatLakesGramma

This was an anti-rock music video, not a music video, and all I saw was the trailer.

Just realized the wording I used might have been confusing. The video I mentioned was an anti-rock-music documentary. They probably included other groups in their exposé, but Fleetwood Mac was the only one shown in concert in the trailer.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

Ha Olger you are being funny, I hope. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Interesting choice for a title of a song. I wonder if they had any clue as to that title and what it really meant.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Was it Pastor Joe Schimmel from California perhaps?

g

I looked him up, and I'm pretty sure it is one of his videos. I went here: http://theater.goodfight.org/ and entered Fleetwood Mac in the search box. I saw the same guy. He didn't have a guitar after all. He was only singing. But I'm sure it's the same concert clip. The name of the the video it was from is "They Sold Their Souls for Rock and Roll." That may be the one I saw the trailer for. I thought it was Hell's Bells, but that phrase could have appeared somewhere else within the trailer. I will try to find the trailer and find out for sure. It won't be easy, because it is at the end of a videocassette that I've had for possibly 10 years, maybe even more, and I don't remember which one, only that it was a Christian video, like almost all the ones we have.

Anyway, now I know why they included Fleetwood Mac. Very eye-opening. I knew the name "Rhiannon" was Welsh. I didn't know the song was about a Welsh witch, or that Stevie Nicks is a witch. I looked her up too, and read what she herself said about "Rhiannon" and discovered she based the song on the same novel I read while I was in college, back when I was into novels dealing with the supernatural, before I became an Adventist.

Catherine

I asked my son if he remembered the video trailer, which we saw when he was still quite young, and before I could get any farther than "at the end of one of our VHS videos, about rock and roll's connection with Satanism," he said "Hell's Bells." I asked him if he remembered the guy in Fleetwood Mac, and mimicked him a little bit. He said no, but he remembers being traumatized. I guess that was not a trailer for little kids to be watching. Too bad it was on the end of a Christian family movie. What were they thinking?!!!

Catherine

Thanks for the details Cath. There is a whole assault program leveled at our children through music.

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."