ClubAdventist is back!

Senator Edward (Ted) Kennedy

Jeannieb43

• Moderators

Senator Edward Kennedy (D, Mass.) died this evening of a malignant brain tumor, at the age of 77. He had been ill for more than a year. He was the last surviving brother of former President Jack Kennedy.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

That is so young these days.

He was really a class act.

Stan keeps deleting posts that question his "class act" profile.

What's up with that Stanley?

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Administrators

Only the ill-mannered seem to miss the point that an obituary forum is a place to show some respect in memory of the dead.

Dump your political poo elsewhere...

Seriously.

The statement and chosen Bible text on the title page of the Obituary forum should have been a clue for the tone to be shown here:

"Out of respect for those we love, and the great hope and promise that the sting of death will be no more, we remember you. 'God will swallow up death forever, and our Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all our faces ...'" Isaiah 25:8

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

I think this news story from the ABC Evening News is an excellent example of what you are saying, Stan - http://www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=8430980

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen
That is so young these days.

He was really a class act.

Stan keeps deleting posts that question his "class act" profile.

What's up with that Stanley?

This is not the place for your "questioning".

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

It could be a memory lapse. Dgrimm, Richard and two others all asked for clarification on the class act enjoinder.

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Members

I know I've mentioned on a couple other threads that Ted Kennedy was not one of my favorite people, but the more I've heard and seen of the things that he has done for others, the more that I will be changing my mind about him. Thanks for that link.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}