ClubAdventist is back!

Looney tunes spin on president speaking to school kids.

Can someone take time and explain to me why this is good????? I'll show you a couple pictures and will quote a couple of people. Don't be mad, please... I'm not saying that Obama resembles these people. I just want to show you a pattern here.

lenin-with-child.png

p1.jpg

hityou.jpg

junior20member20of20the20hitler20youth20

The point is that whenever you have a society with a Godlike leader who is able to influence the mind of children better than their parents can... you are in trouble.

I've lived during communism times, and I can still say that my parents are the ones responsible for shaping my worldview more than any person in this world. Be it Lenin, Stalin, Gorbachev... Bush or Obama or my pastors and teachers. My parents would point out when our leaders lied to us. They've taught us not to trust everyone who we see... to double-check the facts, and to ask difficult questions even the are considered to be "rude" by everyone else. It's because of such parent the communism fell apart.

I think the concept of "individualism" is the best education I could have gotten from anywhere. The concept that it's not teacher's job to educate me. The concept that I did not have to listen and believe everything taught, and should make up my own mind about things after doing research.

We are not teaching our kids to be successful individuals. We are teaching our kids to be successful dependents today. And we are raising the dumbest generation yet because we are too busy running around and "providing" for them.

I would understand why one could think of Obama as a father figure... and no disrespect to anyone who does. And perhaps, there's nothing wrong about that... if one does not have a father figure in their life. Yet, at the same time, it just points to a great failure of us as a "Christian nation" and as a society in respect to raising our children.

It's not President's job to ensure your education, or tell you how to think and encourage your to study.

It was as much of a problem when Reagan did it, then?

No it wasn't. It was more of a problem for liberal's when Bush did it. They tried for hearings on Bush for his speech to school children.Basically the same speech,pretty quiet on hearings from the dems for Obama's speech

Some can't seem to understand why parents were in an uproar.

A video had just been released using well known names,Demi Moore I think. In that there was a "pledge of allegiance" to the president. In the original speech planned,

it was "how can we serve our president"

Obama is the one to be serving us,seems he has forgotten that part. fccool is right in that the cult like mentality towards Obama has bit by bit made many take a second look.

Had my kids been required to sit thru a "Jan Paulsen routine" with that phrasing ,my boys would not have been there

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:
In that there was a "pledge of allegiance" to the president. In the original speech planned,

it was "how can we serve our president"

Sad

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.