ClubAdventist is back!

God's Continual Intervention

teresaq

Evil spirits, in the beginning created sinless, were equal in nature, power, and glory with the holy beings that are now God's messengers. But fallen through sin, they are leagued together for the dishonor of God and the destruction of men. United with Satan in his rebellion, and with him cast out from Heaven, they have, through all succeeding ages, co-operated with him in his warfare against the divine authority. We are told in Scripture of their confederacy and government, of their various orders, of their intelligence and subtlety, and of their malicious designs against the peace and happiness of men. {GC88 513.2}

A guardian angel is appointed to every follower of Christ. These heavenly watchers shield the righteous from the power of the wicked one. This Satan himself recognized when he said, “Doth Job fear God for naught? Hast not thou made a hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side?” [Job 1:9, 10.] The agency by which God protects his people is presented in the words of the psalmist, “The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.” [Psalm 34:7.] Said the Saviour, speaking of those that believe in him, “Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in Heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father.” [Matthew 18:10.] The angels appointed to minister to the children of God have at all times access to his presence. {GC88 512.2}

Thus God's people, exposed to the deceptive power and unsleeping malice of the prince of darkness, and in conflict with all the forces of evil, are assured of the unceasing guardianship of heavenly angels. Nor is such assurance given without need. If God has granted to his children promise of grace and protection, it is because there are mighty agencies of evil to be met,—agencies numerous, determined, and untiring, of whose malignity and power none can safely be ignorant or unheeding. {GC88 513.1}

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

i think its very important to remember that we are continually blessed daily. just looking at the violent trends of the earth today, it makes it so easy to think "if it can happen to them, it can happen to me." but only be the grace of God that those of us who still survived, or even avoided some serious event. Daily, we are being protected. if you even have the breath to complain, be thankful for that breath. God is surly good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Some very interesting stuff Stephanus. And very gruesome.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Yep dgrimm60, exactly.

The problem oftentimes is that these things occur directly under our noses and we turn away from it hoping that we will not be contaminated thereby.

Makes one to think of the 'souls' under God's throne crying out for vengeance.

Is this world not reeling what with all the greed, violence, hatred and all the rest of Galatians 5:19 to 21?

And very gruesome.

Absolutely horrifying!

I did not look at all the photographs myself - not toot good a stomach, but those I did see eally made me sick.

I sometimes wonder what Jesus goes through when He looks at such things - especially the horrors inflicted upon His children.

Originally Posted By: "pkrause"
And very gruesome.

Absolutely horrifying!

I did not look at all the photographs myself - not toot good a stomach, but those I did see eally made me sick.

I sometimes wonder what Jesus goes through when He looks at such things - especially the horrors inflicted upon His children.

Indeed. I watched a documentary that really got to me. At the end it showed Blackwater mercenaries shooting innocent people while driving the streets of Iraq. It was as if it was just a video game to them. They also showed US soldiers doing the same thing because they were bored up on a roof.