ClubAdventist is back!

Forever?

Gail

• Administrators

Have things in your life skewed your concept of "forever"?

Like, when your marriage ended?

Or, like you're at the dentist and your appointment seems like it's "forever"?

I was just wondering if this would affect one's idea of Heaven.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I wonder if Impatence has much to do with that Gail?

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

It's that obvious, is it?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

If you say so Gail. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

In some way I think I can resolve my concept of forever or eternity in the same way that I resolved the spacial concept of infinity. I remember puzzling over how infinite the universe is and trying to get my mind around such a truly endless expanse. Then I considered the alternative when I looked at a map of the known universe. The map had an edge, effectively an outer boundary beyond which there was nothing. But there indeed was something beyond that, even in the map representation of the universe. There was the edged of the paper - there was a table and my real world stretching beyond that map... It suddenly occurred to me that it would be impossible to have a finite universe. If the universe had a outer boundary or wall, what would be on the other side of it? How thick would the wall be? If not a wall, what would be beyond that edge? If you went there and looked over the edge, what would you see? And if you took one step beyond the edge of the universe, where would you end up?

Time without end is much the same for me. If all things ended finally, if time stopped, what then?

What is beyond infinity?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Infinity is that which is beyond the finite. All of creation is finite. God tells us a little about the infinite in His parables. The larger part of God's domain is outside of time and space, and is infinite. It is represented in Biblical literature as wilderness. The most that can be understood by mankind about the infinite is that which we can find in God's parables. There is no other source of information about that which is infinite.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

• Moderators

Jim Fleming described the ancient Hebrews concept of like a mountain with clouds covering the top, that we can not see the top, all we can see is below the clouds and relate to was was revealed below the clouds, what was above the clouds would only be described as "Holy, Holy, Holy" and Fleming described that the mountain analogy falls short in that what is above the clouds on a mountain on earth is the narrower smaller top of the mountain while the Hebrew's view of God is infinitely bigger and that the below the clouds is where God enters time and space to relate to us.

The Greek world wanted to talk about the gods in the realm of the gods. The Jews countered tis by saying that we can only talk about God not in the above the cloud area which we can not comprehend that we can only say is "Holy, Holy, Holy" and leave at that.

By the way Fleming also points out that one of his colleagues, a Jewish Rabbi who is a professor at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, who is a scholar on second temple Judaism, that trying to teach about their God who was experienced below the cloud to Greeks who wanted to talk about the gods in the realm of the gods. the second temple rabbis developed the concept of the trinity from this view of God, the finite and the infinite, that the way we experience God below the cloud is as three aspects, the power, the friendship and the spirit in our lives, and that these are like the slopes of the mountain that come together as one above the cloud. And that Judaism believed in the Trinity until the church synagogue split of 135 AD where the doctrine was changed by both groups with the Jews emphasizing the oneness and the Church emphasizing the threeness.

There is another example of the Biblical world I want to talk about but don't have time now. I hope you find this useful.

• 3 weeks later...

The indivisible cannot be contained in a finite vessel...

but note His first creative fiat was TIME...he created time, and space, for US. HE didnt need it. How we relate to those "realities"...is surely as variable as we are,

but, to answer your question. yes.

Lexiconic and perceived meanings shifting from experiential history certainly resets our "thermostats and metronomes".

Ever got off the highway after driving 80mph for several hours....

and been driving 45, but felt like 15? And then s overshoot your turn as a result? ...velocitization in action...

"whats in YOUR wallet?"

• Administrators

Resetting the thermostats and metronomes... I like that! :)

• 2 weeks later...

There are three heavens. And Heaven isn't actually our goal when you look at it. The new earth is our ultimate destination, which is right here on terra firma.

Even when we are back in the "new Earth" we will be able to visit the heavens. So forever is just as exciting a concept to me as it is undescribable