ClubAdventist is back!

""Will 2012 be a good year for evangelism"" , if based on Bible?

LifeHiscost

Richard, believe it or not, I prayed for wisdom since I was at least ten years old. I would say God has answered my prayer, most others don't think so.

What good is wisdom if you don't have the knowledge to understand the wisdom given to you? Is knowing the real truth associated with wisdom? If so, then when Jesus said the Holy Spirit will lead you into ALL truth, would not that be wisdom? I am sure Jesus meant spiritual truth here, the truth that makes one free from sin.

Yes I have and I don't see that it applies specificly. when I fly I give God thanks that He has given me the ability and oppertunity. The pleasure in Isa. 58:13 I understand that God wants us to remember Him specificly and I do that every time I fly. I imagine you do the same when you ride.

What good is wisdom if you don't have the knowledge to understand the wisdom given to you? = Makes no sense at all.

Is knowing the real truth associated with wisdom? = Yeah

"If so, then when Jesus said the Holy Spirit will lead you into ALL truth, would not that be wisdom? I am sure Jesus meant spiritual truth here, the truth that makes one free from sin." = Yeah, what's your point?

Yes I have and I don't see that it applies specificly. when I fly I give God thanks that He has given me the ability and oppertunity. The pleasure in Isa. 58:13 I understand that God wants us to remember Him specificly and I do that every time I fly. I imagine you do the same when you ride.

It says to put away our own pleasures, and our own way of thinking even. It is a Holy day and is to be reverenced and treated as such.

Isa 58:13 If you turn away your foot from the sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words:

In other words, it's not a day for doing your own thing.

Not exactly, but within reason. I hike in the mountains, sit by the ocean, take a Sabbath afternoon drive, all are resonable Sabbath activities as far as I know.

So Bob, I take it you fully believe and trust in Romans 13:1-3. I don't.

Am I to understand, Dr. Rich, you believe satan to be lord of this world? While it is true the events that happen here on this earth can lead one to question whether God is Lord, at least here and now, it is right there we are tempted to relinquish our trust in the Word, just as the disciples were led in that direction when they witnessed Jesus on the cross.

It seems to me it is right there we are asked to exercise His right to reign and see satan as only being allowed to go as far as the Lord of heaven and earth permits him, as was the case in Job's experience.

Do these Scriptures below appear as just so much unfulfilled hype, to be accepted someday in the future, but unredeeming in the world we are living in today?

"“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”"Acts 2:36 NKJV

"The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all—" Acts 10:36 NKJV

"Now to Him Who is able to keep you without stumbling or slipping or falling, and to present [you] unblemished (blameless and faultless) before the presence of His glory in triumphant joy and exultation [with unspeakable, ecstatic delight]--

To the one only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory (splendor), majesty, might and dominion, and power and authority, before all time and now and forever (unto all the ages of eternity). Amen (so be it). "

Jude 1:24-25 AMP parenthesis their's LHC

"....yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live." 1 Corinthians 8:6 NKJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

You do what you think is right and I will keep the Sabbath by not working since it is Holy (set apart from the working days). Please go research the word "pleasure" in this verse before you start your tantrum.

Not exactly, but within reason. I hike in the mountains, sit by the ocean, take a Sabbath afternoon drive, all are resonable Sabbath activities as far as I know.

Ok

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2Ti 3:15

Amen! thumbsup And just to emphasis____

"which are able to make thee wise"

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Richard, believe it or not, I prayed for wisdom since I was at least ten years old. I would say God has answered my prayer, most others don't think so.

"So they were offended at Him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.”"Matthew 13:57 NKJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. Jas 3:17 KJ2000

Originally Posted By: wayfinder

It says to put away our own pleasures, and our own way of thinking even. It is a Holy day and is to be reverenced and treated as such.

I agree with you for the most part, Richard, however if anyone is doing it out of the demands of a dictator it becomes only a ritual, not an act of worship or reverence.

"...From every man who gives...willingly and ungrudgingly with his heart you shall take My offering."Exodus 25:2 AMP

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!