ClubAdventist is back!

Is it just me.. or does it seem weird that...

Those who are supportive of abortion are against the death penalty?

Those support capital punishment are against abortion?

Those who believe in creation, are not that big being "Green"

Those who are more evolutionary want to take care of the earth like it was owned by a creator?

.... just saying......

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Bravus

• Neil D

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Those who are supportive of abortion are against the death penalty?

Those support capital punishment are against abortion?

Capital punishment does not destroy totally innocent infants. It does not allow babies to be "terminated" that can live outside the womb

Quote:
Those who believe in creation, are not that big being "Green"

Those who are more evolutionary want to take care of the earth like it was owned by a creator?

I don't know of anyone that believes we should pollute the planet,our streams/lakes/oceans.

Many just don't believe that climate change or global warming is a result of not "being green"

There are as many "experts" that do not believe in greenhouse gas as responsible for global warming as there are those that claim they have proof.

When the "experts" live as if they believe their own hype they might get a few more converts.

In the 70's we were told we had a decade. In the 80's it was

something else .

Maybe if they got something right they would be more convincing

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Scratching my head here, wondering where I fit in as I do not support abortion for any reason, I do not believe in capital punishment, I believe God created the earth and the inhabitants therein, and I "go green" whenever possible.

Many people feel as you do.why do you have to search for a place to fit in.

There is nothing wrong with "going green". It becomes wrong when our entire economy will be further in that tank than it is now.

It is wrong for a government to seize the power and control to regulate most aspects of our lives.

I don't think people should litter,destroy our forests etc without replacing what they cut.

No chemicals in water.

That is not what the government means by going green.

Listened to the Mich governor this weekend and she is classic of what we all will be facing.

By the time her term is over there will have been over a million jobs lost under her. She is encouraged tho as there will be 40,000 green jobs created.

I think it was France that said for every green job created,2.5 jobs were lost.

Now we have record cold in many area's. Where is global warming. I heard today that we are in a period of cooling but by 2030 we will be in global warming again.

First the "experts" missed the global cooling,now we are to believe them that it be 2030.

I do not believe the "experts of climate change" How many times can they be wrong and still be believed

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Now we have record cold in many area's. Where is global warming. I heard today that we are in a period of cooling but by 2030 we will be in global warming again.

First the "experts" missed the global cooling,now we are to believe them that it be 2030.

I do not believe the "experts of climate change" How many times can they be wrong and still be believed

Amen to that.

Hmm - you've seen the data. What do the data say?

Whose data? The data they are using has not made them correct so far. What has increased their chances.

What happened to the data that said we only had a decade left in the 70's

• Moderators

Sigh. Have a look at the NASA data and the British HADCRUT data and basically any other global set of temperature data for the past century or more... Or, you know, don't.

Truth is important

Sigh. Have a look at the NASA data and the British HADCRUT data and basically any other global set of temperature data for the past century or more... Or, you know, don't.

So far I have not found why they have made the mistakes they have. We shouldn't be here or at least living the lives we do.That should have come to an end in the 70's. Again in the 80's

Science has added a great deal to the human race.

When those in the scientific community veer from biblical accounts and assure us they have the answer,I don't believe all they say.

It seems what was here and for how long prior to creation week is something God so far has not deemed necessary for us to know.

You don't know either. You have speculation.

I do believe the bible account of a 7 day creation. I do not believe God created "a something " that kind of resembled hisimage and it took millions of years to "become in his image". We now have the missing link or so the "educated minds" tell us.

The flood according to many of these like minded individuals never occurred. God said it did. When science and their dicoveries confirm instead of deny they might be a little more believable to those "less educated"

When they set deadlines and they come and go the credibility goes down even as those that set a deadline for Christ's coming.

When they now acknowledge they missed a cooling trend but just wait till 2030. They probably are right. Climate change as we always have it probably will be time for another warming.

The bible does not tell us all we want to know and leaves much to speculation.

That which the bible has chosen to let us know I believe.

What was here and for how long is speculation. Creation is not. How it got here I don't know,neither do you. The flood that most of the "educated science community"

deny, I believe.

I also believe the birth,life,death and resurrection of Christ.

When science denies that which I know to be true, and insists I believe they have this right in the face of "many experts" that say it is wrong,I am not buying.

Originally Posted By: Bravus

So far I have not found why they have made the mistakes they have.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

the following diatribe from a prolific writer was produced by the previous tactic-

poke

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

It's the attitude of the Greenies that need adjustment.

This type of attitude ( poke) is far to prevelant.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:

maybe,...just maybe, Bonnie...[wispering]THEY haven't made any mistakes....just a thought...don't readily dismiss it, please....

Whether you whisper or shout your intent remains obvious.

I do dismiss readily most of what you say.

Just the fact we have not run out of oil reserves in the 70's tells me their calculations or assumptions were wrong.

Quote:

Now, I don't want you to have a heart attack...[probably, you will out right dismiss this thought anyways] but...[he says venturing into an area that he knows is volital] could it be...that just maybe...your understanding ...could do with a bit of ...adjustment...?

ayeyiyi

If you know it is volatile why do you venture there then? Has the forum gotten a bit to dull for you?

No I don't think my understanding needs adjustment. Nor am I likely to have a heart attack because of anything you could possibly say or do.

Science has increased in knowledge and has done tremendous good.

The good and the believable knowledge stops where it collides and tries to "overthrow" God's account of certain events.

My dad had great respect for higher education till it tried to explain away God's creation. This was to him an educated fool

As they dismiss a 7 day creation,the flood and other events in God's word they are no longer credible. Nor are you as you suggest a attitude adjustment.

When their theories or statements include what I know to be true I would be far more inclined to listen to the mass destruction coming our way from "greenhouse" gas. As it is the global warming criers have found a new religion. Not interested.

There are as many and more joining everyday that do not swallow the greenhouse gas" is destroying the earth. They present as many credible reasons why this is not true as anything a "global warming" crier has.

Some posts are kind of funny aren't they. Some are made by those that do a perfect imitation of Rodney King.Can't we all get along now?

Quote:

maybe,...just maybe, Bonnie...[wispering]THEY haven't made any mistakes....just a thought...don't readily dismiss it, please....

Whether you whisper or shout your intent remains obvious.

I do dismiss readily most of what you say.

Just the fact we have not run out of oil reserves in the 70's tells me their calculations or assumptions were wrong.

George Bernard Shaw

Oh, but Redwood,...the whinnies are far far far more prevelant on this board than greenies....Your statement shows that....

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: Bravus

So far I have not found why they have made the mistakes they have. We shouldn't be here or at least living the lives we do.That should have come to an end in the 70's. Again in the 80's

Science has added a great deal to the human race.

When those in the scientific community veer from biblical accounts and assure us they have the answer,I don't believe all they say.

It seems what was here and for how long prior to creation week is something God so far has not deemed necessary for us to know.

You don't know either. You have speculation.

I do believe the bible account of a 7 day creation. I do not believe God created "a something " that kind of resembled hisimage and it took millions of years to "become in his image". We now have the missing link or so the "educated minds" tell us.

The flood according to many of these like minded individuals never occurred. God said it did. When science and their dicoveries confirm instead of deny they might be a little more believable to those "less educated"

When they set deadlines and they come and go the credibility goes down even as those that set a deadline for Christ's coming.

When they now acknowledge they missed a cooling trend but just wait till 2030. They probably are right. Climate change as we always have it probably will be time for another warming.

The bible does not tell us all we want to know and leaves much to speculation.

That which the bible has chosen to let us know I believe.

What was here and for how long is speculation. Creation is not. How it got here I don't know,neither do you. The flood that most of the "educated science community"

deny, I believe.

I also believe the birth,life,death and resurrection of Christ.

When science denies that which I know to be true, and insists I believe they have this right in the face of "many experts" that say it is wrong,I am not buying.

God often reveals things to the "foolish" in the worlds eyes.

But the "wise of the world" cannot comprehend the simplest things of scripture.

So then it would be better to be a "fool" than "wise"?

Whilst I have nothing against "true science", I cannot take on board "false science".

Eternity is too precious a gift to pass up on the basis of "false science"...

That is ultimately where it leads many...

Mark

The best wisdom is always second hand...

Quote:

Hmmmmm....you 'dismiss readily most of what" I say...Well that wasn't surprising,...was it? And yet, you have GOT to make some remark. Man, if I didn't know better, it's the ol' "I've got to have the last remark" senerio....Whoa..profound statement. NOT!

I dismiss all of what you say. What is new about that?

Sorry if I broke a rule and responded to your "post"

I basically stay away from you until you decide you are bored and want a little excitement on the board.

Quote:

No, AND you didn't disappoint...got the rise out of you...and the diatribe that you usually bring...

At least you admit to your intent with responding to me. That is new. I am sure we will soon get the whitewash of your intentions.

I don't care enough one way or another to seek you out and try to get you to respond in a certain way

Quote:

MY GOODNESS!!! A Positive statement from Bonnie....What will the world do now?

Concerning you,No. I realize that there are those that can make personal offensive posts and then turn around and whine about the lack of civility and call for it to cease.

Quote:
sigh...Paul says to take the good and discard the rest...The problem is that there is some valid warnings, given by people of reputable status who have no ax to grind one way or the other....and this has not been 'explained away'....

I have but as usual you want others to accept all and discard nothing. I doubt Paul was referring to 44 million old missing links

Your assurance that those of a reputable status is met with assurance by those of the same reputable status that totally rejects.

I don't believe the warnings of destruction of the earth as we know it or at least great portions of it due to climate change.

I cannot reconcile that to my religious belief. A belief that does not need to be hidden or changed to make someone of your ilk happy.

Quote:
In the 40s, my Adventist science teacher told that his class that IF an ADVENTIST scientist [and there were a few around] said anthing about an ICE AGE, the powers that be removed the men from the adventist church, claiming that the world was destroyed by a flood, not by ice....I don't know of anyone who cant retify those two concepts now....Most Ice age theorys work really well with biblical flooding, as the flood occured near the equator, and toward the upper and lower poles, ice occured. But it was only with dialogue and patience that these concepts could be worked out...

Your "story" about your science teacher means what? No,I don't think so. Personally your view on creation is immaterial to what I believe. What was here before creation week no one knows,not even the great scholar Neil.

I believe the biblical account,not your account. I believe it was a 7 day creation. And more recent than 200,000-44 million

creation.I do not believe the scientist that claims they have possibly found the missing link 44 million years ago.

Whoever is moderator of this section please take note of the holy one.

Quote:
As usuall, you miss the point...Well, I ain't gonna hold my breath that maybe you might gain something from this exercise

No ,you didn't have a point. Gaining something from someone that has set himself on a pedestal with the ability to question the spiritual state of someone else will not happen.

I have made no reference to the spiritual condition of anyone.

Is this a knowledge that is granted to moderator's?

To those of you that like to "can't will all get along now"

take note of Neil,the righteous one as he explains his reason for this pathetic childish post and likes to question my spiritual condition.

I will give him a point tho for being honest for once and admitting "he got what he was after" by making it personal.

Of course he has nothing to fear with this type of honesty

Quote:
.But I got what I wanted from you....another diatribe..

Quote:
stating how you and your family are the wiser people because you don't listen and don't want to consider that there are other posiblities that coincide with the bible prinicples

Now you have gone from sly implications to outright lies. Doesn't your bible say something about liars or is that just in mine?

I did not STATE how my family was the wiser because we don't listen.

There is no reason to "listen" to speculation when that speculation attempts to make void accounts of the bible.

I will leave you to your new religion of global warming. In some area's there is no reconciling science and God unless you go to the mental gymnastics some go to

Quote:
.. Bonnie, your faith is a testament

As is your true persona showing in your post. Your stated reason for responding to me and your lofty questioning of the spiritual condition of those that do not march to your demands.

The day I will begin to worry is if my spiritual life meets with your approval

I do not aplogize for my religious belief.I don't need to treat the belief like silly putty,pulling and stretching until you get it in the shape you want.

Whoever is moderator of this section please take note of the holy one.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

I am glad that your world is just the way that you want it, Bonnie...black and white....

Again you are stretching truth to put it diplomatically.I am quite sure that "the world just the way I want " cannot be found in anything I have said. That generally has always been a petty detail with you.

The fact that I do not swallow global warming and I do believe the 7 day creation,nor apologize to you for my religious belief does not make the world black and white.

But in any event you lack the ability to influence my beliefs.

When you figure out what was here prior to creation week,

and if the 44 million year old missing link is factual. Let me know.

What was here or for how long before recorded history is speculation and nothing more.

To me God and his account such as creation is not speculation.

I am content that it was not considered necessary by God to give me exact date of creation or what was here.

But I do believe his account vs Neil's speculation

I am glad that your world is just the way that you want it, Bonnie...black and white....

"For whatsoever is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:23).

"Above all, my brothers, do not swear--not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned" (James 5:12).

"Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one" (Matthew 5:37).

"And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left" (Matthew 25:33).

"For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it. But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it" (Proverbs 2:22).

"Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not" (Malachi 3:18).

The Bible appears to be much less ambiguous than you, Sir.

regards,

G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

sigh....."You lack the ability to influence my beliefs"...heheheh..you are totally wrong there, Bonnie...totally wrong...

Bonnie...You have to say to say something...Every time I post something, you HAVE to have the last word...always....

Let's see what you will say now...

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: bonnie

sigh....."You lack the ability to influence my beliefs"...heheheh..you are totally wrong there, Bonnie...totally wrong...

Bonnie...You have to say to say something...Every time I post something, you HAVE to have the last word...always....

Let's see what you will say now...

I didn't choose to have any words with you whatsoever. I pretty much leave you alone.

You have no ability to influence my beliefs. As for you personally it is the same as it always has been.As for my religious belief someone of your ilk doesn't influence one way or another.

However this is what you posted in another thread where you have chosen to take Shane to task......

You came across that way, Shane....You came across that way...We call it "talkin' down to some one."....

You came across that way, Shane....You came across that way...We call it "talkin' down to some one."....

This describes your own conduct. You are unable to do anything but talk down to me even tho I am not the one that approached you.

Hmmmmm....you 'dismiss readily most of what" I say...Well that wasn't surprising,...was it? And yet, you have GOT to make some remark. Man, if I didn't know better, it's the ol' "I've got to have the last remark" senerio....Whoa..profound statement. NOT!

It is interesting that you complain of anyone having to have the last word.I wasn't really interested in having any words with you.

As there were not claims to being "profound" you again have to insert your untruthfulness into something and try to pass it off as what others have done.

You have shown however by your statements your true intent in posting to me.

No, AND you didn't disappoint...got the rise out of you...and the diatribe that you usually bring...

As usuall, you miss the point...Well, I ain't gonna hold my breath that maybe you might gain something from this exercise...But I got what I wanted from you....another diatribe...stating how you and your family are the wiser people because you don't listen and don't want to consider that there are other posiblities that coincide with the bible prinicples... Bonnie, your faith is a testament....

Another out right lie from you Neil .

You may want to bring up where it was said My family is wiser than others.

Not wanting to listen to you is because I believe little or nothing of what you have to say.

Your taking Shane to task for talking down to someone,yet run to another forum and continue to do same

Classic Neil.