ClubAdventist is back!

Is it just me.. or does it seem weird that...

I don't think the point Stan was making was so much about abortion, as about the fact that those who are horrified by the idea of killing a foetus are delighted by the idea of executing an adult human being. 'Pro life?'

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Bravus

• Neil D

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: BobRyan
Good point. In fact -- in every state - if you kill the same fetus outside the womb as was inside -- it is called murder.

It seems that "the state gets the point" even if some Christians are slow on the draw.

The Christian "should know" that the value of human life is the SAME -- no matter what the "location" is.

in Christ,

Bob

Originally Posted By: Neil D
The problem, BobRyan, with your logic is that if the fetus WAS outside the womb, it would die...

That is only true in the first trimester.

Thus the states are able to enforce these laws against murder -- as they do today.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

The problem, BobRyan, with your logic is that if the fetus WAS outside the womb, it would die...

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Generally speaking, most babys are not able to survive without help before 8 months.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Rachel Maddow on why Fox News is not news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3LUid0IZ2w

Now that is what you call gospel.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

MMhmm - want to engage with the substantive points now?

I believe it was you that I asked to post the falsehoods of Rush Limbaugh,I don't think you have done so.No one could find the the quotes that CNN and friends reported Rush to have said.Hopefully you can show where the lies are

But I am more than willing to listen to your points.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Bravus said......The Fox News that spends every waking hour attacking the WH, often with the most egregious made-up nonsense?

Can you post the egregious made-up nonsense either here or on the other thread?

Originally Posted By: Bravus

I believe it was you that I asked to post the falsehoods of Rush Limbaugh,I don't think you have done so.No one could find the the quotes that CNN and friends reported Rush to have said.Hopefully you can show where the lies are

But I am more than willing to listen to your points.

Yes. Let's hope he gives us something substantial instead of empty accusations.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I'm reasonably sure I didn't point to Limbaugh specifically but to Fox more broadly... but to be honest, I don't care enough to wade around finding it all. be honest: even if I do you'll have an explanation that will allow you to claim it was true anyway, so it would be a complete waste of my time and energy. Just not interested. Believe what you want to believe. Call me what you want to call me.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Maddow's point was very simple: Fox does not simply report the news - even with comment. It actively promotes and supports protests against the government. That is not news reporting, it is political activism.

Not that complicated...

Truth is important

Maddow's point was very simple: Fox does not simply report the news - even with comment. It actively promotes and supports protests against the government. That is not news reporting, it is political activism.

Not that complicated...

Fox news has been on for some years.This was the first that protests were promoted. Did you notice by and large they were peaceful. Maybe a little loud but harmed no one,even left the grounds clean.The harm came not from Fox News but from Obama's thugs.They were the ones that put a black conservative in the emergency room

I thought in the mentality of a liberal, Protest,that is the american way.

I listen to Fox news everyday. Every hour the news is given. Rush,Glenn Beck,and Jason Lewis do not claim to be newsmen. They are talk show hosts. Not sure why that is so confusing.

I'm reasonably sure I didn't point to Limbaugh specifically but to Fox more broadly... but to be honest, I don't care enough to wade around finding it all. be honest: even if I do you'll have an explanation that will allow you to claim it was true anyway, so it would be a complete waste of my time and energy. Just not interested. Believe what you want to believe. Call me what you want to call me.

Then what was this for......

because *you* care...

Cutesy way of backing away from the accusation you made.

Countdown and 3 worst persons in the world...including Limbaugh

Limbaugh falls for Obama thesis hoax - but is in no Rush to apologize

BY MICHAEL SAUL

DAILY NEWS POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT

Sunday, October 25th 2009, 1:58 PM

And still no apology.

Even when conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh runs with a fabricated story, he doesn't apologize for the error.

Limbaugh, who seizes on every opportunity to blast Obama, ended up with egg on his face when he read an Internet satire piece that claimed President Obama dissed the Constitution in his college thesis at Columbia University.

A transcript of his Friday broadcast remains Sunday at the top of Limbaugh's web page under the headline, "Obama's Disdain for Constitution: We Know He Thinks It, Don't We? When we discover a hoax, we correct it immediately."

But apologize? You betcha there's none.

Limbaugh sounded off Friday on a supposed report that Time magazine reporter Joe Klein had unearthed Obama's college thesis, titled "Aristocracy Reborn," in which he sounded off on the nation's Founding Fathers and the Constitution and the distribution of wealth.

The only problem - the report was pure fiction.

The original post with the fabricated details about Obama's college thesis was written as a satire on a humor blog.

An obscure blogger, Michael Leeden, mistakenly picked it up, reporting the satirical post as fact, and then Limbaugh ran with it on his national radio show Friday.

Leeden has since apologized.

Limbaugh? Not so much.

In fact, he says, why the President never said what the hoax claimed, "we know he thinks it."

"So here is who we have as our president of the United States: an anti-constitutionalist man who finds it an obstacle and is finding ways around it on purpose, unconstitutionally," Limbaugh said on his show.

"Much of what he's doing is unconstitutional, and I'm waiting for the lawsuits to be filed by some of these people at some point," Limbaugh added. "How is that hope and change working out for ya, folks?"

Later in the same program, when Limbaugh learned the report was a hoax, he corrected the record, alerting listeners that the quotes from the thesis had been fabricated. But he insisted the fabricated thesis was still in line with what the president thinks.

"So I shout from the mountaintops: 'It was satire!'" Limbaugh said on the program. "But we know he (Obama) thinks it. Good comedy, to be comedy, must contain an element of truth, and we know how he feels about distribution of wealth."

Limbaugh said he has license to go with the fabrication because other members of the media have done this to him.

"So, I can say, "I don't care if these quotes are made up," he said. "I know Obama thinks it.

"You know why I know Obama thinks it? Because I've heard him say it."

The fabricated thesis pokes fun at the president's position on economic freedom.

"The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom," the satire on Obama's thesis says.

"While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. While many believed that the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy."

In a post Friday, Time's Joe Klein says the report is false.

"A report is circulating among the wingnuts that I had a peek at Barack Obama's senior thesis. It is completely false," he wrote. "I've never seen Obama's thesis. I have no idea where this report comes from--but I can assure you that it's complete nonsense."

msaul@nydailynews.com

There you go, Bonnie/Redwood. Stuff on Limbaugh... Next up, FoxNews and it's totally faux "fair and balanced" opinions

George Bernard Shaw

This is almost funny

Quote:

Even when conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh runs with a fabricated story, he doesn't apologize for the error.

Limbaugh, who seizes on every opportunity to blast Obama, ended up with egg on his face when he read an Internet satire piece that claimed President Obama dissed the Constitution in his college thesis at Columbia University.

Actually there was good reason to believe it true. Obama said pretty much the same thing about the Supreme Court. He wanted to redistribute of wealth.

Quote:
A transcript of his Friday broadcast remains Sunday at the top of Limbaugh's web page under the headline, "Obama's Disdain for Constitution: We Know He Thinks It, Don't We? When we discover a hoax, we correct it immediately."

But apologize? You betcha there's none.

He corrected the statement as soon as he was notified. Why would you expect more of him than the liberal media. They admit they have no evidence that the accusations they made were true,haven't heard an apology from them

Quote:
Limbaugh? Not so much.

In fact, he says, why the President never said what the hoax claimed, "we know he thinks it."

Maybe the crybabies don't like the same actions towards them that they dish out.

Quote:
"But we know he (Obama) thinks it. Good comedy, to be comedy, must contain an element of truth, and we know how he feels about distribution of wealth."

Totally true

Quote:
Later in the same program, when Limbaugh learned the report was a hoax, he corrected the record, alerting listeners that the quotes from the thesis had been fabricated. But he insisted the fabricated thesis was still in line with what the president thinks.

Exactly what the left did and said concerning Rush has just been turned back on them

Quote:
There you go, Bonnie/Redwood. Stuff on Limbaugh... Next up, FoxNews and it's totally faux "fair and balanced" opinions

Bravus referred to lies or made up. Means the same.

There was no deliberate lying involved in this story.

We need made up stories according to the response Bravus initialy made

• Moderators

As said: you're very happy to explain things away with 'but the libruls do it'. Why am I going to waste my life bringing stories for you to explain away?

Truth is important

Quote:
Call me what you want to call me.

I don't do name calling. I reserve that for others.

I believe in Hematology.

The following is a list of Fox's news articles that were biased in the extreme by journalists of the press. The date is included as to when it was published.

Action Alert: Murdoch Exploits 9/11 for Kerry Smear (11/1/04)

Action Alert: O'Reilly's Political Smears : Fox host says Donahue and Michael Moore think Bush "orchestrated" 9/11 (10/5/05)

Web page: FAIR's Media Contact List

Action Alert: Fox Reporter on Florida Ballots: Burn Them or Shred Them? (12/20/00)

Action Alert: Irresistible Lies : Fox News on White House "Vandalism" (5/21/01)

Action Alert: O'Reilly: ''We Do Not Speculate Here'' (6/10/05)

Action Alert: Are 2,000 U.S. Deaths "Negligible"? : Fox's Brit Hume downplays U.S. deaths in Iraq (10/25/05)

Action Alert: Fox News Spins 9/11 Commission Report (6/22/04)

Press Release: Nader Left Out of News Websites (6/22/00)

Action Alert: O'Reilly Smears L.A. Times on Sex Abuse Story (10/10/03)

Action Alert: Nader Left Out of Media Websites (6/22/00)

Action Alert: Tell ABC: Include Single-Payer in Healthcare Debate : Network says June 24 special will cover 'all sides' (6/22/09)

Activism Update: Fox Responds to FAIR (11/13/08)

Action Alert: One Year Later, Sunday Shows Short on Iraq Critics (3/15/04)

Action Alert: Bill O'Reilly Needs Help : Fox host demands Letterman apologize for pointing out Fox host's inaccuracy (11/3/06)

Action Alert: Pentagon Pundits : Media facilitate Iraq propaganda effort (4/22/08)

Extra!: CNN, Fox Hype ACORN Threat (Update December 2008) By Daniel Ward

Action Alert: O'Reilly Ambushes His Latest Critic : Fox host targets 'villain' blog editor on her vacation (3/25/09)

Action Alert: Staying Inside the Beltway : Networks' Sunday shows ignore public opposition to war (1/29/07)

Action Alert: Giuliani's Pro-Censorship Views Need Balance on Sunday Shows (10/8/99)

When you are done looking on the internet with this list, I have another for you....

George Bernard Shaw

Not that complicated...

That's not what I have seen and I watch it a great deal. How many hours a day do you watch Fox?

From what I have seen ... Fox is fair and balanced with all issues. They interview both sides.

I believe in Hematology.

We were not looking for bias. We were asking for a backup to the statement Bravus made as to "made up"

That's not what I have seen and I watch it a great deal. How many hours a day do you watch Fox?

From what I have seen ... Fox is fair and balanced with all issues. They interview both sides.

With all the SDA hoop-la over TV and it's brain washing abilities, one would think that an Adventist would NEVER trust TV...As it is, we have ONE member of ClubAdventist watching many hours of TV and already claiming that FoxNews is a good thing...Oh, the irony of this....

Fox is neither fair nor balanced with any issue. They will get someone who comes close to thier point of view, and get someone with a poor democratic viewpoint to present the "democratic view"....which isn't the democratic viewpoint at all...

George Bernard Shaw