ClubAdventist is back!

Is it just me.. or does it seem weird that...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Bravus

• Neil D

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

We were not looking for bias. We were asking for a backup to the statement Bravus made as to "made up"

"Bias" news???? What do you think IS "made up" news????

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: bonnie
We were not looking for bias. We were asking for a backup to the statement Bravus made as to "made up"

That's excactly what a lot of it is, and you just eat it up dontcha?

LOL

• Members

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh.asp

Here are some statements that snopes.com found to be either true or not, and some that they could not substantiate that are credited to Rush

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: bonnie

I have no idea.You need to ask Bravus. He is the one that made the statement concerning "made up"stories

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Originally Posted By: Neil D

That's excactly what a lot of it is' date=' and you just eat it up dontcha?

LOL [/quote']

Actually, Richard, no, I don't...But I have seen you swallow made up news "hook, line and sinker"....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: Neil D

I have no idea.You need to ask Bravus. He is the one that made the statement concerning "made up"stories

Ooooh, noooo, Bonnie...YOU were the one who "KNOWS" the difference between "bias" and "made up"...You can't do that without knowing both...The onus is on YOU....You got what you wanted...now you 'explain it away'...

And you still haven't answered Stan's question....

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

Ooooh, noooo, Bonnie...YOU were the one who "KNOWS" the difference between "bias" and "made up"...You can't do that without knowing both...The onus is on YOU....You got what you wanted...now you 'explain it away'...

This doesn't even make sense. I did not make the statement of "made up" Bravus did.Made up and bias do not have the same meaning.

Quote:
And you still haven't answered Stan's question....

I don't think the question was asked anticipating a answer.

It was done for effect.

Otherwise he would have done so privately

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook

That's excactly what a lot of it is' date=' and you just eat it up dontcha?

LOL [/quote']

Actually, Richard, no, I don't...But I have seen you swallow made up news "hook, line and sinker"....

Nope. No made up news in my house.

• Moderators

I don't think the question was asked anticipating a answer.

It was done for effect.

What would be your answer?

What was the effect that Stan was looking for?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Quote:
Quote:
God forgives the confessed and repentant sinner a lot more easily than some around here...
Really? Are you saying that there are "those" on this forum that God won't or can't forgive?

Number one,I don't think you are in charge of what God can or will do.

Secondly is that a judgment from the side that doesn't judge?

Sorry, bonnie, completely missed seeing and responding to this earlier.

You've misread it completely, for which I take the blame for not writing it more clearly. I didn't mean there are those here who God cannot forgive - God can forgive anyone. He finds it easy to forgive. I meant there are those here who find it hard or impossible to forgive.

Truth is important

• Moderators

And on the other matter, I didn't just say 'made up', I said 'egregious made-up nonsense'. Let's keep things straight!

If you insist I'll go for a trawl and post some stuff... but I don't need to be a prophet to say I've already predicted, twice, what the response will be.

Off to teach for a couple of hours now, then we'll see...

Truth is important

Bonnie

I have to ask the question, do you bring people here, or do you chase them away.

This would be a fair question to ask of Neil also.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Bravus
I didn't just say 'made up', I said 'egregious made-up nonsense'.

Oh, you were talking about MSNBC. Why didn't you just say so.

LOL

Is that a "real news" program?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Not according to their ratings. Even people on the left get tired of watching left wing propaganda.

Good Points Richard.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

First one: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/...g-interview.php Fox News was never excluded from the Feinberg interview by the White House in the first place.

By DAVID BAUDER

Associated Press

October 25, 2009

NEW YORK — The Obama administration allowed a Fox News Channel reporter to interview Treasury Department "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg after other network news executives said they wouldn't use a pool arrangement to speak to him unless Fox was included.

The dispute over the interview on Thursday comes in the midst of an ongoing battle between the White House and Fox over the network's coverage of President Barack Obama.

The White House said Fox had not asked for an interview and the White House sent its request for a pool reporter without including Fox. Bureau chiefs held a quick conference call and decided that their networks would not do the interviews unless Fox was given the opportunity, said a network executive who spoke on condition of anonymity because the person did not wish to be a part of the White House-Fox tiff.

After this decision was relayed, the White House quickly agreed to include Fox, the person said Friday.

"The White House has demonstrated our willingness to exclude Fox from ... television interviews," administration spokesman Joshua Earnest said Friday, "but yesterday we didn't."

The last paragraph is a pretty good indicator in their own words of what the White House has and will do in their willingness to exclude Fox.

There are many more articles besides the Associated Press,some giving the account one way and some the other.

Neither can be proven or at least you haven't here. Nor is AP always correct. So back to a stand still

It looks like from this the party that wrote the article has been reprimanded and Fox News apologized. Does not appear they stood behind the story. What else would you have liked them to do? It doesn't sound as if Fox news approved of the lie,nor that higher ups in Fox had any part in this,except the apology

Certainly if Hilary Clinton can stand behind her lies as a result "of fatigue" so can Carl Cameron.

In any event he should have been reprimanded. Personally with a deliberate public lie this employee should have been fired.

Fox News, the influential rightwing US television network, said yesterday it had "reprimanded" its chief politi cal correspondent after its website carried fabricated quotes attributed to John Kerry, in which he called himself a "metrosexual" who enjoys getting manicures.

The article appeared under the byline of Carl Cameron, who has been following Mr Kerry on the campaign trail. It had been posted on the site, the network said in a statement, because of "fatigue and bad judgment, rather than malice."

"Carl Cameron made a stupid mistake and he has been reprimanded for his lapse in judgment. It was a poor attempt at humour and he regrets it," a Fox spokesman, Paul Schur, told the Los Angeles Times, though he would not give details of what action would be taken against Mr Cameron.

This is not something most would consider a lie. Rush did not make up this little fabrication and as soon as there was doubt he made it public.

Maybe you can find where Fox news or Rush told deliberate lies,made them up and was caught at it.

With the number of programming on Fox you should be able to come up with something a little more concrete.

Media Matters is hardly unbiased.

I was listening the day this occurred. The fabrication media matters refers to was a fabrication of others.

Rush did comment on it. He should have confirmed but confirmation was not necessary a week later so don't understand all the confirmation freaks now.

When he was notified that it could not be documented he had a little fun with it.

Anyone other than a child knew what he was doing. He announced as soon as he was notified and did a parody of sorts on the ones that went after him.

His statement that he believed it to be true as this was the way Obama thought is perfectly logical. Obama is the one that made very similar statements in a interview on the Supreme Court.

He thought a little re-distribution of wealth was in order and the constitution did not go far enough.