ClubAdventist is back!

Is it just me.. or does it seem weird that...

Reminds me of the days when Hillary landed with bullets flying and bombs blazing.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Bravus

• Neil D

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of the days when Hillary landed with bullets flying and bombs blazing.

Seems to me that Dan Rather had the same reason as Rush for his lack of fact checking concerning Bush.

Wasn't it along the lines of Dan Rather knowing it was what Bush would do whether the story was true or not.

Regardless the fabricated story about Kerry should have led to firing or at the least a long suspension.

Wonder why some are upset with Rush

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Oh course we could make a long list of all that Obama has told us.

I believe in Hematology.

First one: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/...g-interview.php Fox News was never excluded from the Feinberg interview by the White House in the first place.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us/politics/23fox.html?_r=1

Behind the War Between White House and Fox

WASHINGTON — Late last month, the senior White House adviser David Axelrod and Roger Ailes, chairman and chief executive of Fox News, met in an empty Palm steakhouse before it opened for the day, neutral ground secured for a secret tête-à-tête.

Roger Ailes reached out to David Axelrod to address rising tensions between Fox News and the White House.

Mr. Ailes, who had reached out to Mr. Axelrod to address rising tensions od to address rising tensions between the network and the White House, told him that Fox’s reporters were fair, if tough, and should be considered separate from the Fox commentators who were skewering President Obama nightly, according to people briefed on the meeting. Mr. Axelrod said it was the view of the White House that Fox News had blurred the line between news and anti-Obama advocacy.

What both men took to be the start of a frank but productive dialogue proved, in retrospect, more akin to the round of pre-Pearl Harbor peace talks between the United States and Japan.

By the following weekend, officials at the White House had decided that if anything, it was time to take the relationship to an even more confrontational level. The spur: Executives at other news organizations, including The New York Times, had publicly said that their newsrooms had not been fast enough in following stories that Fox News, to the administration’s chagrin, had been heavily covering through the summer and early fall — namely, past statements and affiliations of the White House adviser Van Jones that ultimately led to his resignation and questions surrounding the community activist group Acorn.

At the same time, Fox News had continued a stream of reports rankling White House officials and liberal groups that monitor its programming for bias.

Those reports included a critical segment on the schools safety official Kevin Jennings, with the on-screen headline “School Czar’s Past May Be Too Radical”; urgent news coverage of a video showing schoolchildren “singing the praises, quite literally, of the president,” which the Fox News contributor Tucker Carlson later called “pure Khmer Rouge stuff”; and the daily anti-Obama salvos from Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.

There followed, beginning in earnest more than two weeks ago, an intensified volley of White House comments describing Fox as “not a news network.”

“It was an amalgam of stories covered, and our assessment of how others were dealing with those stories, that caused us to comment,” Mr. Axelrod said in describing the administration’s thinking.

The heated back-and-forth between the White House and Fox News has brought equal delight to Fox’s conservative commentators, who revel in the fight, and liberal Democrats, who have long characterized the network as a purveyor of right-wing propaganda rather than fact-based journalism.

Speaking privately at the White House on Monday with a group of mostly liberal columnists and commentators, including Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann of MSNBC and Maureen Dowd, Frank Rich and Bob Herbert of The New York Times, Mr. Obama himself gave vent to sentiments about the network, according to people briefed on the conversation.

Then, in an interview with NBC News on Wednesday, the president went public. “What our advisers have simply said is that we are going to take media as it comes,” he said. “And if media is operating, basically, as a talk radio format, then that’s one thing. And if it’s operating as a news outlet, then that’s another.”

In a sign of discomfort with the White House stance, Fox’s television news competitors refused to go along with a Treasury Department effort on Tuesday to exclude Fox from a round of interviews with the executive-pay czar Kenneth R. Feinberg that was to be conducted with a “pool” camera crew shared by all the networks. That followed a pointed question at a White House briefing this week by Jake Tapper, an ABC News correspondent, about the administration’s treatment of “one of our sister organizations.”

White House officials continue to interact with Fox News correspondents whom they have complimented as professional, including Major Garrett and Wendell Goler.

But Michael Clemente, senior vice president for news and editorial programming at Fox, said the White House was conflating the network’s commentary with its news coverage. That, Mr. Clemente said, “would be like Fox News blaming the White House senior staff for the Washington Redskins’ losing record.”

“I think we’re doing the job we’re supposed to be doing,” he said, “and we do it as well as anyone.”

Mr. Clemente suggested that the fight was part of a larger White House strategy to marginalize critics. He cited a report in Politico about a strategy session in August at which officials discussed plans to move more aggressively against opponents.

White House officials acknowledged that Fox News did come up at that meeting, although not, they said, as a central topic. A number of issues had been added to the White House’s list of grievances by then, including the network’s heavy coverage of some of the more intensely anti-administration activity at town-hall-style meetings on health care and Mr. Beck’s remark that Mr. Obama “has a deep-seated hatred for white people.”

The first real shot from the White House, however, came when aides excluded “Fox News Sunday With Chris Wallace” — which they had previously treated as distinct from the network — from a round of presidential interviews with Sunday morning news programs in mid-September.

“We simply decided to stop abiding by the fiction, which is aided and abetted by the mainstream press, that Fox is a traditional news organization,” said Dan Pfeiffer, the deputy White House communications director. Later that week, White House officials said, they noticed a column by Clark Hoyt, the public editor of The Times, in which Jill Abramson, one of the paper’s two managing editors, described her newsroom’s “insufficient tuned-in-ness to the issues that are dominating Fox News and talk radio.” The Washington Post’s executive editor, Marcus Brauchli, had already expressed similar concerns about his newsroom.

White House officials said comments like those had focused them on a need to make their case that Fox had an ideological bent undercutting its legitimacy as a news organization.

Fox News Channel certainly seems to be enjoying a row it considers ratings candy, having devoted hours of news coverage and commentary to the fight.

But White House officials said they were happy to have at least started a public debate about Fox.

“This is a discussion that probably had to be had about their approach to things,” Mr. Axelrod said. “Our concern is other media not follow their lead.”

More Articles in US » A version of this article appeared in print on October 23, 2009, on page A16 of the New York edition.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Yes Redwood. And don't forget about Obama bowing down to the pope and the Queen. It is just amazing what the Demos will do. It's no wonder the world wants to shower him with awards.

I believe in Hematology.

HERE'S YOUR CHANCE, STOP COMPLAINING MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!

Today, as the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee began hearings on the job-killing tax increase called cap-and-trade, we're in South Carolina holding Hot Air Tour events targeted at Sen. Lindsey Graham on this very issue.

Last night in Spartanburg, 215 grassroots activists rallied at the county fairgrounds to ride our 7-story-high Hot Air Tour balloon and to send a crystal clear message to Sen. Graham to oppose cap-and-trade. The event was extra special to me because I grew up near Spartanburg and my dad, brother and sister were at the rally! Even better, afterwards I took our Americans for Prosperity road warriors back to my mom and dad's house for some serious down-home Southern cooking -- fried chicken, pan-fried okra, sweet creamed corn, deep dish macaroni and cheese, and strawberry cobbler.

Spartanburg Hot Air Tour Stop

You may have seen the New York Times op-ed that Sen. Graham co-authored with John Kerry, the left-wing senator from Massachusetts, in support of cap-and-trade measures. Sen. Graham says he believes in free markets and calls himself a fiscal conservative, so how he can support such an enormous tax-and-spend special interest bill is beyond me. And the hundreds of great South Carolina AFP activists I'm meeting on the road feel exactly the same way.

In Spartanburg, an 81–years-young grassroots organizer and legendary local leader named Walter McSherry pointed out how cap-and-trade will kill over 20,000 South Carolina jobs in the first decade alone while raising utility rates by as much as 80%. Then, we asked the entire crowd to pull out their cell phones and we filled up Sen. Graham's in-state and Washington office voice mails. CLICK here for pictures of events in Spartanburg and Columbia this morning.

As I mentioned earlier, the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee gets first crack at cap-and-trade. CLICK here to take a look at the committee. If your senator is on the committee, call or email them today by clicking here. Tell them to vote NO in committee. For more details on this terrible legislation, visit our website at americansforprosperity.org.

Once we finish in South Carolina (last event is Wednesday morning in Myrtle Beach), I'm heading to Arkansas for town hall meetings on the health care takeover with the newest Fox News personality -- our good friend, John Stossel.

You can join us Thursday for a special tele-town hall meeting at 2pm EST by calling in to (888) 886-6603 with extension #13556. John and I will be updating you on the health care takeover and he will tell us more about his new role at Fox News.

Our town hall meetings are in Texarkana, Little Rock and Jonesboro. Arkansas has 2 swing senators on health care and the leader of the so-called "Blue Dog" Democrats in Congressman Mike Rogers, so it's a crucial state in the health care battle.

I usually try to keep these emails on one topic, but health care and cap-and-trade are both just so crucial to the future of our country and our economic freedoms. Much is at stake in the next few weeks so let's keep up the fight.

Tim

PS: Remember to join us for the special tele-town hall with John Stossel on Thursday at 2pm EST by calling (888) 886-6603 and dialing extension #13556 . To make sure we have enough lines ready, please let us know you're going to join us by clicking here. I think you'll find this call helpful and interesting.

Finally, one last thing -- make sure you join in the "Congressional House Call" day on November 5. For more information on this crucial and exciting day Click here.

Like what Americans for Prosperity is doing? Invest in our work by clicking here.

We’re supported by our more than 700,000 citizen-activists nationwide.

Your contribution in any amount will go a long way in promoting free-market

policies at all levels of government - local, state and federal. Thanks!

Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is the nation's premier grassroots organization committed to advancing every individual's right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFP believes reducing the size and scope of government is the best safeguard to ensuring individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. AFP educates and engages citizens in support of restraining state and federal government growth, and returning government to its constitutional limits. AFP has more than 700,000 members, including members in all 50 states, and 25 state chapters

Be Blessed.

Hard to imagine that anyone could claim this was astroturf paid for by republicans.

Hope there will be more of this.

A new poll out today states that the majority of Americans feel we are headed in the wrong direction in this nation.

I believe in Hematology.

Rush did comment on it. He should have confirmed but confirmation was not necessary a week later so don't understand all the confirmation freaks now.

When he was notified that it could not be documented he had a little fun with it.

I have heard this happen with Rush and other commentators on other stories too. A lot of the talk radio hosts provide commentary on news stories so when the news story is wrong, their commentary becomes misleading too. I have heard Beck and Limbaugh report wrongly on stories that they did not correct but they reported wrong because their news sources were wrong. No one should be listening to talk radio as a hard source for news.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Originally Posted By: bonnie

Rush did comment on it. He should have confirmed but confirmation was not necessary a week later so don't understand all the confirmation freaks now.

When he was notified that it could not be documented he had a little fun with it.

I have heard this happen with Rush and other commentators on other stories too. A lot of the talk radio hosts provide commentary on news stories so when the news story is wrong, their commentary becomes misleading too. I have heard Beck and Limbaugh report wrongly on stories that they did not correct but they reported wrong because their news sources were wrong. No one should be listening to talk radio as a hard source for news.

Rush made it quite clear when he was notified that it was not factual. There wasn't or shouldn't have been any question except those trying to find one that "They had learned it was not factual and then he had some fun with it"

You have to be really stretching to either make this a lie by Rush miss the fact he said upfront he was having some fun with it.

He simply gave a Dan Rather. But even so,Obama's words concerning the Supreme Court were so similar it was not a stretch to believe Obama did write this.

Well, Media Matters is not a reliable source of criticism. I was just commenting that that sort of thing isn't uncommon on talk radio. Media Matters has been dishonest in their criticism of many conservatives in the media.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Well, Media Matters is not a reliable source of criticism. I was just commenting that that sort of thing isn't uncommon on talk radio. Media Matters has been dishonest in their criticism of many conservatives in the media.

I was listening to it that day. Common or uncommon the record was set straight. What appears to be the big objection is Rush didn't fall on his sword.

He did make it clear however. Made the same type of remark that was made concerning his "racists remarks"

How far wrong could he go? It was the same that Dan Rather gave when he found out he was wrong concerning Bush.

Seems to me he said something to the effect,"even if not true,he believed it was something Bush would do"

Did EGW ever correct her errors when her sources were proved wrong?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Did EGW ever correct her errors when her sources were proved wrong?

As in the Bible, just because she used a source doesn't mean the source was right 100%.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.