ClubAdventist is back!

AR Special Report: Marriage, Homosexuality, & the Church

CGMedley

• Moderators

I know some gay people that feel they are defined by their behavior and as long as they are not active in the lifestyle, they don't feel they are gay. .... Whether a person considers themselves gay or not is just a label.

I think you're right, Shane. I would never try to tell other people who have stopped practicing that they're still gay. That would be wrong. Maybe they're not, and my telling them they're still gay might cause them to fall back or have temptations. I would never want to do that. Besides, not all gays got into that practice in the same way or for the same reasons or motives, so it is not surprising that not all people leave it feeling or thinking the same.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
There is more to being a gay person, or homosexual, than having sex with people. It's the same with a heterosexual: they are heterosexual even if they are not involved sexually with someone. Being gay has to with one's self-identity and how one feels about one's body and how one's thinks and feels about many aspects of life.
I happen to believe that homosexuality is defined by orientation rather than practice.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

The prison rape example was probably a bad example. There are some people that get drunk or stoned, have sex with someone of the same sex and are not themselves gay. No rape is involved.

I don't think the issue is whether God can heal someone of a gay orientation but whether or not He will or even has to for that person to become whole. God can heal a cripple but most times does not. Often times these struggles can bring us closer to God.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

The prison rape example was probably a bad example. There are some people that get drunk or stoned, have sex with someone of the same sex and are not themselves gay. No rape is involved.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

there is no difference between a druggie or alcoholic constantly craving, for the rest of their life, not just for a while, but all day every day for the rest of their life and a homosexual person constantly craving.

I don't think all gays live craving same-sex relations all day long every day. I suspect that each one is different and the struggle is greater with some than others. I know for me and my addictions, if I catch the smell of a cigarette just right I get a craving to smoke really fast. I don't normally get the craving to drink beer just from the smell although it does happen occasionally. Now smelling Jack Daniels whiskey almost always results in me getting the craving for a drink. Those are what many call triggers and part of overcoming is being aware of certain triggers. I suspect it is the same with gays abstaining from the lifestyle.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity