ClubAdventist is back!

The secret to victorious living...

Twilight

Here are the steps to victorious living...

1. Awareness of our great need.

2. Reciept of the merits of Christ (blood).

3. Acceptance of the Crucifixion of the old man of sin.

4. Acceptance of the ressurrection of the new man.

5. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

6. The walk of faith

6a. The communion of the Holy Spirit.

6b. The reckoning of being dead to sin which works in our members.

6c. The reckoning of being alive to God.

7. The victorious walk as Sons of God.

As we accept each point by faith, we will end up in the position of a victorious walk with God.

This is the path to victory outlined in Romans.

1. Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

2. Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

3. Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

4. Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:

5. Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

6a. Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

6b&c. Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

7. Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

--------------

Please share your thoughts...

Mark :-)

The best wisdom is always second hand...

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Twilight

• Robert

• Woody

I really don't think how to be born again is a secret. And I also don't think it is as complicated and as difficult as you outline. Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life." (1 John 5:13)

Quote:
"Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee." (2 Corinthians 5:5 )

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I really don't think how to be born again is a secret. And I also don't think it is as complicated and as difficult as you outline. Just my 2 cents.

Paul seemed to take the time to labour these key points, so I suspect they are correct...

Mark

You are certainly entitled to your theories. But I would beg to differ.

I believe in Hematology.

You are certainly entitled to your theories. But I would beg to differ.

Would you like to explain why you think the above is too complicated?

Quote:
"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life." (1 John 5:13)

Quote:
"Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee." (2 Corinthians 5:5 )

Yes they fit into the above.

And the first one encapsulates it.

But the above OP breaks it down in the way Paul did so that we can understand how to gain victory over sin.

• Administrators

:)

While a checklist kind of sums it up, I also like the term of "the simplicity that is in Christ". 2 Cor.11:3

If a person is willing to spend time with God's Word, it will come. The Bible promises that If we want to do His will we will know of the doctrine John 7:17

But I guess there will always be those out there that need tweaking...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Being 'born again' comes very quickly and before 'gaining victory over sin'.

I believe in Hematology.

Being 'born again' comes very quickly and before 'gaining victory over sin'.

Sorry Redwood, you are correct.

A bit tired, so mixed up the two.

Have corrected the title and OP.

Thank you. :-)

Mark

While a checklist kind of sums it up, I also like the term of "the simplicity that is in Christ". 2 Cor.11:3

If a person is willing to spend time with God's Word, it will come. The Bible promises that If we want to do His will we will know of the doctrine John 7:17

I think the above is not understood often Gail...

Many Christians do not realise that one of the steps to being born again, for instance, is receiving by faith the fact their old man has been crucified...

That is a fundamental step and many Christians I share it with, have never understood that and the subsequent "considering oneself dead to sin".

But if you don't have the Spirit, then you don't have the guarantee. And if you truely do have the Spirit, you will have the fruits of the spirit, which includes obedience and righteousness.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Quote:
Thus shall we bring forth the fruits of the Holy Spirit--"some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred." COL 62

I believe in Hematology.

That would be me.

Just as we have to wash our clothes as a result of wearing them,

so also we need the wearing of the righteousness of Christ to be renewed as a result of walking in a despoiled world.

"...Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word... "Ephesians 5:25,26 NKJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Originally Posted By: Gail

That would be me.

so also we need the wearing of the righteousness of Christ to be renewed as a result of walking in a despoiled world.

"...Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word... "Ephesians 5:25,26 NKJV

Blessings! peace

What are your thoughts on the above LHC?

Mark

understand how to gain victory over sin.

Again, besides Christ, no one has done it....However, we can experience growth:

There was not one trace of selfishness in the life of Christ. All who are laborers together with God will have the same spirit [attitude] as their Master had. They will be continually growing away from selfishness, and renouncing self-indulgence, even in things that had once appeared innocent to them. . . [LHU 325]

Note it does not say they have ceased from selfishness....

Originally Posted By: Redwood

But if you don't have the Spirit, then you don't have the guarantee. And if you truely do have the Spirit, you will have the fruits of the spirit, which includes obedience and righteousness.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits.

The disciples were a bunch of nuts before the cross, yet their names were written in heaven....They were constantly fighting, being judgmental, hating, trying to be the greatest, etc....They certainly didn't have fruits, yet they were saved.

Originally Posted By: Twilight
understand how to gain victory over sin.

Again, besides Christ, no one has done it....However, we can experience growth:

There was not one trace of selfishness in the life of Christ. All who are laborers together with God will have the same spirit [attitude] as their Master had. They will be continually growing away from selfishness, and renouncing self-indulgence, even in things that had once appeared innocent to them. . . [LHU 325]

Hi Robert, I hope you're doing alright. I agree in part with how you've interpreted EGW; and, you may actually see this the same way I do.

I believe that we can grow to become more and more selfless until we are not aware of any selfishness. In other words we will not be willingly self seeking. This however, does not mean that we are completely selfless or completely sinless. I do not believe that will happen until Christ returns.

After 6000 years of sin and self seeking it is not easily tossed aside. This does not take away from the power of the Holy Spirit but reveals the condition of mankind.

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. [/quote']

The disciples were a bunch of nuts before the cross, yet their names were written in heaven....They were constantly fighting, being judgmental, hating, trying to be the greatest, etc....They certainly didn't have fruits, yet they were saved.

Rob,

Something about what you wrote did not sound just right. So I looked up, "written in heaven" and then it hit me. The Scripture says, their names were written in heaven; it does not say they "were" saved. What is being said there is that because they entered the work of Christ, their names have been written in heaven or the book of life. This does not save them although it is a step in the process.

The Faith I Live By (1958), page 210, paragraph 3 Chapter Title: The Sanctuary Of God

The book of life contains the names of all who have ever entered the service of God. Jesus bade His disciples, "Rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20. Paul speaks of his faithful fellow workers, "Whose names are in the book of life." Philippians

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

That's right Norman, also anyone who has professed the Lord Jesus as their savior and been baptized has their name in it. It will stay there until the judgment, at which time it will be sealed forever, or removed forever.

Originally Posted By: Robert

Again' date=' besides Christ, no one has done it....However, we can experience growth:

There was not one trace of selfishness in the life of Christ. All who are laborers together with God will have the same spirit [attitude'] as their Master had. They will be continually growing away from selfishness, and renouncing self-indulgence, even in things that had once appeared innocent to them. . . [LHU 325]

Hi Robert, I hope you're doing alright. I agree in part with how you've interpreted EGW; and, you may actually see this the same way I do.

I believe that we can grow to become more and more selfless until we are not aware of any selfishness. In other words we will not be willingly self seeking. This however, does not mean that we are completely selfless or completely sinless. I do not believe that will happen until Christ returns.

After 6000 years of sin and self seeking it is not easily tossed aside. This does not take away from the power of the Holy Spirit but reveals the condition of mankind.

Norman

Wow...we agree! saywa

• Members

You made some very good points Norman.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost

That would be me.

Blessings! peace [/quote']

What are your thoughts on the above LHC?

Mark

Since I'm the last one posting above, would you be asking about Gail's comment? And specifically the underlined? And if it is, the bold is the answer, which tweaking will continue after translation if we are talking about becoming like Jesus, which results at least partially so by a greater knowledge of Him. LHC

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."John 17:3 KJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
If we want to do His will we will know of the doctrine John 7:17

There should be a LOT of 'tweakin' goin' on. But then we have all of eternity for that. The doctrine of Jesus will be studied throughout the ages. We will have vast access to Heavenly libraries.

I believe in Hematology.