Twilight

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Twilight

• Robert

• Woody

That's right Norman, also anyone who has professed the Lord Jesus as their savior and been baptized has their name in it. It will stay there until the judgment, at which time it will be sealed forever, or removed forever.
Tis True.

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Quote:
Upon reflection, and a little sleep, I'm not sure I agree with above. The closer we get to Christ the more sinful we feel....So....

Yes. I agree with you Rob. The more we learn about Jesus ... the more we see how we fail to represent Him.

And yes ... you do need your sleep. And from now on we will expect you to get it before submitting a post.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Excellent post Redwood. hahahahaha

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: Robert

Again' date=' besides Christ, no one has done it....However, we can experience growth:

There was not one trace of selfishness in the life of Christ. All who are laborers together with God will have the same spirit [attitude'] as their Master had. They will be continually growing away from selfishness, and renouncing self-indulgence, even in things that had once appeared innocent to them. . . [LHU 325]

Note it does not say they have ceased from selfishness....

Hi Robert, I hope you're doing alright. I agree in part with how you've interpreted EGW; and, you may actually see this the same way I do.

I believe that we can grow to become more and more selfless until we are not aware of any selfishness. In other words we will not be willingly self seeking. This however, does not mean that we are completely selfless or completely sinless. I do not believe that will happen until Christ returns.

After 6000 years of sin and self seeking it is not easily tossed aside. This does not take away from the power of the Holy Spirit but reveals the condition of mankind.

Norman

Hello Norman. :-)

I believe that we can grow to become more and more selfless until we are not aware of any selfishness.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

The bible states that "the old man" has to be crucified and the "new man" received by faith.

Are you talking here of the "old man" becoming the "new man".

If so, that is a common misconception amongst Gods people.

And it is incorrect.

Mark :-)

The best wisdom is always second hand...

Hi mark, is this markT from Adventist Online and Adventist Hall? God bless, Steve

Hello Steve. :-)

It is indeed. :-)

Originally Posted By: Twilight

Since I'm the last one posting above, would you be asking about Gail's comment? And specifically the underlined? And if it is, the bold is the answer, which tweaking will continue after translation if we are talking about becoming like Jesus, which results at least partially so by a greater knowledge of Him. LHC

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."John 17:3 KJV

Blessings! peace

No. :-)

The original OP. :-)

What do these two points mean to folks?

3. Acceptance of the Crucifixion of the old man of sin.

4. Acceptance of the ressurrection of the new man.

What are your thoughts on the above LHC?

6b&c. Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

7. Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

I actually cling to these above as definitely imputed, submitting in cooperation with God for sanctification, and grateful to God for the knowledge that temptation isn't (the) sin.

While I haven't reviewed them recently, I'm sure the seven deadly sins would extinguish all hope for a heavenly home were it not for the continuous cleansing of the blood of Jesus.

"For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world."1 John 2:16 NKJV

"If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]." 1 John 1:9 AMP

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Hey Redwood, did you write this: "There should be a LOT of 'tweakin' goin' on. But then we have all of eternity for that. The doctrine of Jesus will be studied throughout the ages. We will have vast access to Heavenly libraries."

Can you explain why your statement would be true if God said that everyone who believes in a lie will be lost? (Rev. 21:8 and 22:1

What are your thoughts on the above LHC?

6b&c. Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

7. Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

I actually cling to these above as definitely imputed, submitting in cooperation with God for sanctification, and grateful to God for the knowledge that temptation isn't (the) sin.

While I haven't reviewed them recently, I'm sure the seven deadly sins would extinguish all hope for a heavenly home were it not for the continuous cleansing of the blood of Jesus.

"For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world."1 John 2:16 NKJV

"If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]." 1 John 1:9 AMP

Blessings! peace

Hey my friend, did you know you have to receive Romans 6:6 before we can claim Romans 6:11?

cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]."

Then, given your interpretation, you should be sinless!!!!

Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost
cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]."

The bible requires that we live without sinning, whilst there is sin still in us.

This is what the gospel gives us.

Power to live above the sin in us.

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

blessings,

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

Somehow #4 does not sound quite right. Resurrection implies it was once alive then died and now alive again. Is not the new man a new nature from above?

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost

When one full of sin comes to Jesus, does He not take away the sin? And if the sin is taken away, is he not then sinless?

Does He really take it away or not?

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

blessings,

oG

A powerful promise Olger.

Which we are to receive when we receive Christ. :-)

Mark

Somehow #4 does not sound quite right. Resurrection implies it was once alive then died and now alive again. Is not the new man a new nature from above?

It was, originally, in Adam.

But I take your point, in the individual it is a new birth.

Thank you for the correction. :-)

Mark

When one full of sin comes to Jesus, does He not take away the sin? And if the sin is taken away, is he not then sinless?

This is where we have to be careful Gerry.

It is the "old man" that is taken away and crucified in Christ.

Sin is still with us, still calling.

But the part that responds to that "sin" is dead.

------------------

Consider it like this:

"Sin" walks into a Restaurant and asks for a beer and pork sandwich.

The Old Man is there.

He serves "sin" and gives "sin" what "sin" wants.

Now sin on another day walks into the same restaurant.

But the Old Man is no longer working there.

The New Man is now working there.

And no matter how loudly and how violently sin demands his beer and his pork sandwich, the New Man refuses to serve him.

Jesus took the Old Man that "served" sin and nailed it to the cross.

This is why Paul talks about "serving" sin, after Romans 6:6.

It is still a possibility.

Jesus also gives us the gift of the "new man".

Which follows the leading of the Holy Spirit and is empowered by the Holy Spirit.

The correct interpretation is what is true of us "in Christ"....In Christ we have a new, glorified humanity....

If you apply this to the believer's life you'll get into trouble because all believers are "falling short"....They ain't measuring up, even though they are growing....

Bottom line? Your theology is off....It brings one under the bondage of perfectionism and law....

Hey my friend, did you know you have to receive Romans 6:6 before we can claim Romans 6:11?

Thank you for the tip, Mark.

It's interesting to note that YLT refers to "the sin", as has been alluded to somewhere recently, not without some dispute.

"The sin" seems to be addressing a specific, leading me to believe it's referring to cherished sin, that is sin being held onto with an unwillingness to relinquish, or perhaps even sin in general that one has been convinced, by someone other than our Father, sin, impossible to lose.

Because both are conditions I don't knowingly find myself in, I give them very little room to trouble my mind.

"...so also ye, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to the sin, and living to God in Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:11 YLT

OTOH, if a condition exists in which something must be prevailing before the other can become a reality, and I cannot clearly see what might be obvious to another, I wait upon the Holy Spirit to intensify the conviction to the point where the light shines bright enough in that direction to take decided steps toward it.

I don't hold to the premise of very many "musts" in the Word, except these two.

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”" Acts 4:12 NKJV And___

"Marvel not [do not be surprised, astonished] at My telling you, You must all be born anew (from above)."John 3:7 AMP Brackets parenthesis theirs LHC

As to____"For, if we have become planted together to the likeness of his death, [so] also we shall be of the rising again;

this knowing, that our old man was crucified with [him], that the body of the sin may be made useless, for our no longer serving the sin;

for he who hath died hath been set free from the sin. "Romans 6:5-6 YLT

Notice the wording tense as underlined above, which is consistent with many other translations, and the different tense in the preceding bold. It allows me opportunity to pray this prayer with peace,

"Have patience with me, God isn't finished with me yet."

"....looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith....and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."Hebrews 12:2 NKJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Praise God .... the work of Jesus was 'finished' at the cross.

(And we can rest in His assurance.)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

There are those who profess holiness, who declare that they are wholly the Lord's, who claim a right to the promises of God, while refusing to render obedience to His commandments. These transgressors of the law claim everything that is promised to the children of God; but this is presumption on their part, for John tells us that true love for God will be revealed in obedience to all His commandments. {AA 562}