ClubAdventist is back!

Interesting email I received

phkrause

• Members

Thought you might like to read this letter to the editor ~ ever notice how some people just seem to know how to write a letter?.

This one sure does!

This was written by a Canadian woman, but oh how it also applies to the

U.S.., U.K. and Australia

THIS ONE PACKS A FIRM PUNCH

Here is a woman who should run for Prime Minister!

Written by a housewife in New Brunswick , to her local newspaper. This is one ticked off lady.

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001 and have continually threatened to do so since?

Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from the capitol of the USA and in a field in Pennsylvania ?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in a brutal insurgency.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11..

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which is a crime punishable by beheading in Afghanistan ..

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg 's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques and behind women and children.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blows themselves up in search of

nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the Canadian media stops pretending that their freedom of speech on stories is more important than the lives of the soldiers on the ground or their families waiting at home to hear about them when something happens.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this:

I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank:

I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and 'fed special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts:

I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn you guessed it,

I don't care!!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country! And may I add:

'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Soldiers don't have that problem.'

I have another quote that I would like to add, AND........I hope you forward all this.

One last thought for the day:

Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The British Soldier.

3. The Canadian Soldier.

4. The US Soldier, and

5. The Australian Soldier

One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET ALL OF THEM.

AMEN!

pk

ps: to the moderator, if this shouldn't go here please move, thanks

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• SivartM

• Bravus

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...

I think not caring is a bit strong, though, isn't it? I'd say it's more of an issue of priorities: if we don't stop them they will hurt us, so we need to do what we can to stop them even if a few people have to get hurt. I am sensing a strong anti-Islamic attitude in this letter, but since it's PC to say anything nice about Muslims, I'll try not to talk too much about that...

We're all humans. Terrorists believe in what they fight for as strongly as we do. And no matter how much we try to argue that they're mentally deranged, cruel animals, shouldn't we still treat them as humans? (This is where everyone stops reading what I say and starts typing their angry replies screaming at me for "supporting terrorism" or something.) How would Jesus treat radical Muslims and other terrorists? Is that simply an academic question or something we should live out? Can we treat those who try to murder us with love even if we have to defend ourselves? Should we trust in God to protect us or in the military?

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Members

I think that was one good letter. Thanks for posting it, pk.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Excellent! Thanks for posting that pk.

In light of the circumstances listed here, I want to be added to the "DON'T CARE" List.

I remember when they cut Nick Berg's head off and put it on video.

I hope as many of them as possible are converted to Christianity, but when I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and 'fed special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled, I want you to know for sure that

I REALLY DON'T CARE.....

I hope as many of them as possible are converted to Christianity
At least you give them that much.

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Good one pk. Thanks for posting this.

I say .. convert them or shoot them. Either one.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

We love Jesus only as much as the human being we love least.

What does *Jesus* say should be our attitude to our enemies?

Truth is important

Quote:
What does *Jesus* say should be our attitude to our enemies

He does not say they should continue on the path they are on,killing and maiming at will.

Nor are civil penalties to be waived because of that.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:
What does *Jesus* say should be our attitude to our enemies

He does not say they should continue on the path they are on,killing and maiming at will.

Nor are civil penalties to be waived because of that.

...But should we hate them? From the general tone of the person writing this letter, I'd say "hate" is a pretty good word for how she feels about terrorists. And it's not an uncommon feeling.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Members

I
Originally Posted By: bonnie

Not sure that I believe the e-mail was written out of hatred.More complete frustration than anything else

That's the sense I get too.

I got that as well.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Another question...

Would the radical Muslims be attacking us if we actually did love them? I mean, if they want to kill us because we're "infidels", wouldn't the greatest defense be... actually following Jesus? From what I gather, their biggest peeve is that we're so worldly and secular and whatnot. What if when they had attacked us, we had just... forgiven them? Isn't God a God of mercy as well as justice? Or is forgiveness only applicable in our relationships and not in every part of our lives?

Quote:
Another question...

Would the radical Muslims be attacking us if we actually did love them? I mean, if they want to kill us because we're "infidels", wouldn't the greatest defense be... actually following Jesus?

The radical Muslims have no right or business determining what someone else or another country should be.We possibly could make them a bit happier by all becoming radical muslims but for my part,A BIG NO THANK YOU.

Nor is their assessment of the US as infidels grounds for cowardly murdering thousands of people.

Quote:
From what I gather, their biggest peeve is that we're so worldly and secular and whatnot.

Frankly I could not care less what their biggest peeve is. Maybe our biggest pet peeve is they are cowardly murderer's and want all to follow their fanatical satanic ways. And Yes,radical Islam is satanic

The beheading of the young man on video shows exactly who and what these people are.

Maybe some wish to apologize that we do not follow their ways more but no thanks.

Each of us answers to God only,not a cowardly murdering radical muslim

Quote:
What if when they had attacked us, we had just... forgiven them? Isn't God a God of mercy as well as justice? Or is forgiveness only applicable in our relationships and not in every part of our lives?

You are confusing forgiveness with a lack of consequences. God does not demand that,neither do our civil laws.

The answer to your question is we more than likely would have ben hit again and again.

Mercy by God is not a total lack of consequences,neither is forgiveness.

Is God merciful when we are told not all will be saved?

Why can't he just forgive us and open the gates wide and let everyone have eternal life

Ok, how about this. What if we let a radical muslim be the president of the General Conference, then maybe they will go easy on Adventists after they take over....

Just thinking here...

• Members

I couldn't tell you for sure Bravus. It was an email that came to my wife she forward it to me and I thought it was interesting. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but it makes you have to think. I would also venture to say, I don't believe she is a Christian. It makes me think that what if something like that happen to me, how would I react. I do think we should give people leeway to vent there anger, nothing wrong with being angry. But we do need to forgive, and what if we came to Jesus and asked him what he would do? Like I said its something to think about.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Are you serious? Following Jesus is what makes you an infidel to them. They don't care if you forgive them, if you don't believe in allah you need to be killed.
Double dittos from,

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

So, no-one has really answered my question, probably because it's inconvenient and awkward. What did Jesus say?

Truth is important