• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Robert

• Twilight

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo
Pharisee? Because he doesn't preach your theology?
Because he preaches heresy & legalism....

When you become a SDA and embrace our message, I'll take your advise into consideration. But as it stands right now, the fact that you don't like Ralph Larson just made his stock go up in my book.

ahh...it's one of these off-shoot self-supporting churches...this one is affiliated with Gilead Institute that does "medical missionary" training and sells products. http://www.gilead.net/

Yes Pam. YOu are right. This is not a credible group of people. I would not believe this junk.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Robert
Because he preaches heresy & legalism....

When you become a SDA and embrace our message' date=' I'll take your advise into consideration. But as it stands right now, the fact that you don't like Ralph Larson just made his stock go up in my book. [/quote']

Okay. I am an SDA and embrace our message. (And btw ... so does Rob) And I would advise that we throw this junk in the garbage. It is heresy and legalism. Probably is time for some house cleaning. These guys are just trouble makers leading people into legalism and heresy. Why allow untruth in our churches? It just confuses people and gives a wrong message in our communities.

Kick em out.

I believe in Hematology.

To say that you embrace the SDA message is not true in my opinion. I've seen what you embrace. You could believe that stuff and be a Methodist or a Baptist, but I don't want to throw off on the Methodists or Baptists, because I'm pretty sure they have higher standards than you.

As for speaking for Rob, he can speak for himself, and he has. He has told me where he stands as far as the church goes. So as usual you are 180 degrees out of sync with the truth. Why am I not surprised?

To say that you embrace the SDA message is a joke. I've seen what you embrace. You could believe that stuff and be a Methodist or a Baptist, but I don't want to throw off on the Methodists or Baptists, because I'm pretty sure they have higher standards than you.

As for speaking for Rob, he can speak for himself, and he has. He has told me where he stands as far as the church goes. So as usual you are 180 degrees out of sync with the truth. Why am I not surprised?

Hmmmm. Whatever you might 'think' Richard.

I believe in Hematology.

Of Course Richard. ANY thing you say. And you certainly are allowed to say ANY thing you 'think' here. Or so it would appear.

I believe in Hematology.

Just a quick glance at the Gilead Institute website shows that they have "self-supporing churches" and don't want to be affiliated with the SDA organization.

And they're upset because the church wants them to leave?

_confused__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

I'm not sure just how John Grosboll's church is affiliated with Gilead. As far as I can tell, they just have the church's address on their website.

• Moderators

I don't know what Larson believes, but since you've labeled him a heretic and a legalist, my guess is that he most likely believes in obedience, like most Christians, the prophets, the apostles, and the Lord Himself, right?

• Moderators

Okay. I am an SDA and embrace our message. (And btw ... so does Rob) And I would advise that we throw this junk in the garbage. It is heresy and legalism. Probably is time for some house cleaning. These guys are just trouble makers leading people into legalism and heresy. Why allow untruth in our churches? It just confuses people and gives a wrong message in our communities.

Kick em out. [/quote

WOW!!! House cleaning. Kick 'em out! For a guy I thought would not disfellowship anybody? WOW!!!

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook

When you become a SDA and embrace our message' date=' I'll take your advise into consideration. But as it stands right now, the fact that you don't like Ralph Larson just made his stock go up in my book. [/quote']

Kick em out.

TU

To say that you embrace the SDA message is not true in my opinion. I've seen what you embrace. You could believe that stuff and be a Methodist or a Baptist, but I don't want to throw off on the Methodists or Baptists, because I'm pretty sure they have higher standards than you.

You'll change, our you'll wish you did one day....I've been where you are now....God will open your eyes, but it might get painful....

I don't know what Larson believes, but since you've labeled him a heretic and a legalist, my guess is that he most likely believes in obedience, like most Christians, the prophets, the apostles, and the Lord Himself, right?

Believing in obedience doesn't satisfy the law....The law expects perfection...perfect agape love...a life of selflessness. So for legalists talk is cheap....They need to quit jawing and live Christ's life....Just do it!

WOW!!! House cleaning. Kick 'em out! For a guy I thought would not disfellowship anybody? WOW!!!

Paul was for removing the Judaizers....Read about it....

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo

Paul was for removing the Judaizers....Read about it....

Yes but he wasn't talking about Paul. He quoted Redwood, who has said he would never disfellowship anybody.

• Moderators

Thanks for posting, Richard. I agree with their beliefs:

Quote:
We Believe

Below you will find a brief summary of beliefs as espoused by Steps to Life Ministry. All beliefs stated below are founded on scripture and scripture alone. This summary should not be considered a complete guide to a Christian’s life but is intended to lead the reader to a better understanding of truth as found in God’s Word.

There is one God, true, living and eternal. The Creator of the universe, all-knowing, all-powerful and ever present; consisting of three distinct personalities who are one in character, work and purpose:

A.

The Heavenly Father. Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 8:5,6; Ephesians 3:9, 14,15; Acts 17:24, 29

B.

Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, fully divine, took upon Himself man’s fallen nature yet without sin, is man’s only Saviour from sin and its condemnation. John 1:1-8; John 3:16-19; Matthew 1:21

C.

The Holy Spirit, also referred to as the Comforter which guides us in all truth, convicting us of sin and leading sinners to both repentance and full obedience to God’s law. John 14:26; 15:26; 16:7,8; Acts 5:3,4

The Bible is God’s inspired Word, written by men who were inspired by the influence of the Holy Spirit and is the authoritative, infallible revelation of God’s will to man. 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21

God created the world in six literal days. He created the creatures of the sea, the birds of the air and the animals living on the land. The climax of creation was when God created man in His own image. Genesis 1

God rested from His work of creation on the seventh-day of the week, Saturday; set apart as the holy day of rest to be observed by all men as a memorial of creation Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Isaiah 58:13,14. The Sabbath is the eternal sign of Christ’s power as Creator, Sanctifier and Redeemer and is therefore, the Lord’s day, the true Christian Sabbath, constituting the seal of the Living God, and is observed from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday (Gen. 1; Leviticus 23:32; Isaiah 66:22,23) as Jesus himself as well as His disciples did. Luke 4:16; Acts 17:2; Luke 23:54-56; Hebrews 4:8-11; Mark 2:27-28

For further study: (The Two Marks)

As with the Sabbath, the law of God found in Exodus 20:3-11, the ten commandments are God’s rule of life throughout eternity. James 2:10-12; 1 John 2:3-6; John 14:15, 15:14; 1 John 5:2,3; Romans 3:31

Sin is the transgression of the law. Therefore Jesus came into this world as a man, taking upon Himself our human nature, lived a life free from sin and was crucified to save us from sin. 1 John 3:4,5; Hebrews 2:14-18; Romans 6:23

Righteousness is obtained by having faith in Jesus that He is the Son of God, and that He lived and died to give us power to overcome sin that we may receive the gift of eternal life.All those who would enter into the kingdom of heaven will be converted, holy and sanctified. Jesus dwells in the sanctified heart, writing upon it the principles of God’s law, leading the believer to delight in obeying its precepts, and imparting power for obedience. Matthew 18:3; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Ezekiel 36:26,27; Psalms 40:8; Hebrews 8:10; Galatians 2:20

Baptism represents the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. It also represents our dying and being buried of our sinful life and being resurrected a new creature with Jesus as our guide who gives us the power to live a sinless life. Baptism by immersion makes a person a part of the Body of Christ. Romans 6; Matthew 3:13-17; 28:19,20; John 3:3-5

For further study: (Must a Man Be Buried to Live?)

A living soul is comprised of the physical body and the spirit of God which is breathed into it. When a person dies, the breath of life (spirit) returns to God who gave it and the body returns to dust and the person ceases to be a living soul. In death the person has no knowledge of anything and has no further reward until they are resurrected. Gen. 2:7; Ecclesiastes 12:7, 9:5,6, 10; Job 14:10-14; Daniel 12:2; John 11:11-14; Acts 13:36

For further study: (The Race to Contact the Dead)

Immortality comes only through obedience to God’s word. Eternal life is the gift that will be bestowed only upon the righteous, both living and dead, who have kept the law of God, when Jesus returns to this earth the second time. Rev. 22:12; 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17; Matthew 19:16,17; Rev. 22:14

The reward for the unrighteous (1 John 5:17), or the transgressors of God’s law (1 John 3:4), will be everlasting death. Rev. 20:11-15; Matthew 10:28

For further study: (Two Destinies)

Jesus will come again the second time to take the righteous to Heaven. There will be no “secret rapture”; but instead it will be literal, personal and visible to every eye. The unrighteous living will be slain by the brightness of Jesus’ at His second coming. John 14:1-3; Rev. 1:7; 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17; Matthew 24:26,27, 30,31; Titus 2:13; 2 Thessalonians 1:7,8

For further study: (The Rapture and Israel’s Future)

Hell is not a place of continual torment for the wicked. Instead, hell is the reward for the wicked; everlasting death (Romans 6:23). Hell fire is the literal destruction of the earth in which all the wicked, to include the devil and his angels, are consumed by fire, never to exist again throughout all eternity. Matthew 13:40-42; Rev. 21:8; 2 Peter 3:10; Isaiah 47:14; Malachi 4:1, 3; Rev. 20:10; Ezekiel 28:18,19

For further study: (Bible Facts on Hell)

The Earth created new will be the home of God’s people. There they will dwell with God Himself throughout all eternity. Matthew 5:5; John 14:2,3; 2 Peter 3:13; Rev. 21, 22:1-5

Jesus is able to save all sinners who come to Him. Micah 7:19; Matthew 11:28-29; Hebrews 7:25; John 6:37

For further study: (The Only Way to be Saved)

Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and we should keep them in good health, free from any substance that would be harmful to our health. This would mean abstinence from the use of tobacco and alcohol in any form as well as any other harmful drugs, and being temperate in those things that are good. The eating of unclean foods as outlined in the scriptures is strictly forbidden to those who would keep their body temple free from defilement. 3 John 2; 1 Corinthians 6:19,20; 1 Corinthians 3:16,17; Leviticus 11; Proverbs 20:1; 1 Corinthians 9:25

The gift of the Spirit of Prophecy is to be one of the identifying marks of God’s true church at the end of time. We believe that the life and writings of Ellen G. White are a direct fulfillment of prophecy and that her writings are inspired by God and are a safe guide to bring God’s children back to Bible truth. Revelation 12:17; 19:10; 1 Corinthians 1:6, 7; Ephesians 4:8, 11-13; Hosea 12:10,13; Joel 2:28; Malachi 4:5

We believe that God has given His church on earth the work of proclaiming to the world the final divine offer of mercy and warning of the coming judgement as prophesied in the Three Angels Messages, found in Revelation 14:6-12. This final invitation, to our world is anchored in the typical (old covenant) judgement, centered in the earthly sanctuary of the Old Covenant which prefigured the great final time of judgement in heaven beginning in 1844 and ending after the close of the millenium.

The final judgement which includes the present judgement of the righteous (1 Peter 4:17) and will include the judgement of the unrighteous for 1000 years (Rev. 20:4), and finally the destruction of the wicked in fire (Rev. 20:11-15) must be completed before the recreation of the earth. Revelation 21:1-4

For further study: (Subpoenaed to the Trial of Life)

There may be those who have studied the above summary of beliefs who may have found some doctrines to be different from what they have been taught before. We would encourage you to put aside all pre-conceived ideas and continue to study God’s Word to show yourselves approved, rightly dividing the word, here a little there a little. 2 Timothy 2:15; Isaiah 28:9,10; Acts 17:11

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.