ClubAdventist is back!

I die daily... Have we misinterpreted this?

Twilight

Quote:
Who made Sequeria the judge of all?

I think this is off topic ... but if you want to start a new thread on it ... feel free.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Twilight

• Robert

• teresaq

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

A few in every generation from Adam resisted his every artifice and stood forth as noble representatives of what it was in the power of man to do and to be, while Christ should co-operate with human efforts, to help man in overcoming the power of Satan. Enoch and Elijah are the correct representatives of what the race might be through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Okay, but that's not the basis of our salvation....Otherwise only "a few" will make it....

This sounds really negative and self-defeating. Just what I expect from the source. (JS)

This sounds really negative and self-defeating.

Christ exalted the character of God, attributing to him the praise, and giving to him the credit, of the whole purpose of his own mission on earth,--to set men right through the revelation of God.

Originally Posted By: pnattmbtc
A few in every generation from Adam resisted his every artifice and stood forth as noble representatives of what it was in the power of man to do and to be, while Christ should co-operate with human efforts, to help man in overcoming the power of Satan. Enoch and Elijah are the correct representatives of what the race might be through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Okay, but that's not the basis of our salvation....Otherwise only "a few" will make it....

Robert, nobody has suggested that this is the basis of our salvation.

Christ exalted the character of God, attributing to him the praise, and giving to him the credit, of the whole purpose of his own mission on earth,--to set men right through the revelation of God.

Only when we understand the love of God, only when we have the assurance of salvation can we begin to grow.

Let's explore this a bit. Your idea, as I understand it, is that our assurance of salvation is centered in the "in Christ" idea that we were in Christ when He paid the price for our salvation, redeemed the human race, saved the human race, etc. Correct? That is, everything that Christ did, we did in Him.

Now this includes all humanity, not just believers. However, not all will be saved (in the sense of going to heaven). So there is something which constitutes a difference between believers, who will be in the first resurrection as opposed to those who will be in the second.

What is that difference?

What I've reacted to (I'm not singling out your post) is the statement that "Christ died for you, but it does you no good unless you accept it." This is simply false, and it's a huge mistake to even think in these terms.

If Jesus' death could only do us any good if we accept His gift... we would all be dead.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

"In him was life, and the life was the light of men."

He is the "Way, the Truth, and the Life".

If someone is alive, they have Jesus to thank. Or not thank.

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Moderators

If Jesus' death could only do us any good if we accept His gift... we would all be dead.

Sure, Christ's death benefits even the animals and the trees. Otherwise none of us would have any hope or life at all. So I agree with you that in reality all mankind has Jesus to thank for everything in life.

But unless people truly accept Christ, they won't receive the gift of immortality and be able to live with Jesus throughout all eternity, and that is really what counts, don't you agree? That is what God really wants.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

That's true. I was just saying that eternal life isn't the ONLY gift that came from Jesus. He gives life to everything around us...

He loves us infinitely. He even loves sinners... because He doesn't play favorites. :D

That's true. I was just saying that eternal life isn't the ONLY gift that came from Jesus. He gives life to everything around us...

He loves us infinitely. He even loves sinners... because He doesn't play favorites. :D

very good thoughts!! and it does draw us to Him in gratitude. something we can share with all, and it may draw them also to come to love and serve our Lord Jesus. :)

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Me:What I've reacted to (I'm not singling out your post) is the statement that "Christ died for you, but it does you no good unless you accept it." This is simply false, and it's a huge mistake to even think in these terms.

R:It is a fact, you do have to except(sic) it for it to do you any good.

Sure you should be thankful, but that is not the only requirement for salvation. It takes definite action.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

There will not be anyone in heaven who rejected the gift of salvation.

Richard, I said nothing about salvation. I said, "What I've reacted to (I'm not singling out your post) is the statement that "Christ died for you, but it does you no good unless you accept it." This is simply false, and it's a huge mistake to even think in these terms." I then explained this clearly, as follows:

Quote:
It would be as if I owed a tremendous debt, which I couldn't pay, back in the days when they put you in debtors prison until the debt was paid, and someone paid that debt for me, and someone said that the payment of that debt was worth nothing to me unless I accepted Christ. Certainly there's some sense in which this is a true statement, but shouldn't I be thankful for the payment of the debt? Shouldn't that be foremost on my mind?

I said nothing about conditions of salvation here.

The point I'm trying to make is that we owe everything we have and own and are to the blood of Christ, and this should evoke a response of gratitude, such as Paul exhibited in 2 Cor. 2:14, 15, where he said that love of Christ constrains us, so that we should live for him who died for us. The way the SOP puts it is, "To the death of Christ, we owe even this earthly life."