• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Steve Billiter

• John317

• LifeHiscost

These Sunday Blue laws are not the mark of the beast. They do not establish a state church nor to they forbid the free practice of religion. I think some of this is a little bit of an overreaction.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

This is not the mark of the beast, but it is tracking in that direction.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

Of course it is not the mark of the beast but there can be no question that it's a significant development.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

This law in Germany was passed in 1919. If the German legislature just passed this law than yes, we might wonder if a trend is beginning. That is not what happened. A German court made a Constitutional ruling based on a law dating back to 1919.

Furthermore, requiring a day of rest one day a week is probably a good idea. It causes everyone to stop, pause and relax. It allows time for families, churches and other social organizations to be together. Now if a society decides to have a weekly day of rest, shouldn't it be on the day when the majority of them attend religious services? Doesn't that just make sense? So a civil day of rest makes sense for the good of society and it being on Sunday doesn't necessarily make it a religious law.

The mark of the beast will require worship on Sunday and forbid religious practice on other days of the week.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

That's all true, but Sid's just showing that things can happen in a hurry.

Thanks for the post Sid. I've actually heard this the other day. Also some other countries just did this a little earlier. And I believe Ted has posted something to that also.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

That's the same sort of majority thinking that took place while the ark was being built and it had never rained yet. It is the same sort of idea that backed the 450 prophets of baal against God's true prophet Elijah.

If you think like that you might as well join a sunday church and go with the flow.

Frederick Douglass

Law that is passed needs to be understood when passed. The problem is that these laws are summarized. Not good. Within these huge law packages are bills that enable the "hidden" now law to be implemented. Just by a ruling. I am sure this is the case.

What about today? We see these gargantuan bills that are loaded with measures that will control us to measures the Bible describes. Not good.

The last thing we need to do is give up our God given right on how one understands and is humbly instructed to worship their Creator and Redeemer. It's not a matter of man's law; it is a matter of Liberty.

May Jesus help us!

These Sunday Blue laws are not the mark of the beast. They do not establish a state church nor to they forbid the free practice of religion. I think some of this is a little bit of an overreaction.

Yes exactly. All this law does is promote more religious freedom ... it does not restrict it.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I view the National Sunday Law, as a landmark on our journey home - Earth restored. I wish it would get here already! We will then find out who understands the principles of Liberty, and those that are under scientific mind control, or strong delusion, however you choose to look at it.

Man; I am so glad I live today!! We could be the chosen generation, the one that Enoch saw so many years ago. In Christ Jesus we saw the worst of mind control(Men), and the best(His own).

He wishs to give this to us! His mind! Praise His name! Bow before Him in adoration!! Soon my friends we will witness unfiltered Glory! Limitless power. Life.

Oops I got carried away.

I was listening to an audio reading of the great controversy yesterday. It was on chap 3, dealing with how worship was changed from sabbath to sunday. The change wasn't done in one big giant step. Instead there were a series of subtle moves.

It is the same thing that is going on here. Others have warned about this. They are not going to come out and say 'we want a law establishing sunday as the day of worship'. Instead they disguise it in something appealing, that everyone will agree with. Instead of calling it sunday law, they call it family day, a day set aside for families to come together. As soon as that is well established they will legislate laws that are more exacting and restrictive.

Beside, God already created, established and mandated a day for worship and family time. It is called the seventh day sabbath.

Frederick Douglass

And praise God you have the freedom to worship on Sabbath. It is because of laws like this that our freedoms are protected.

I believe in Hematology.

Sunday blue laws, Germany and elsewhere are legislated to establish the wrong day of the week, namely Sunday. The more sunday is established the more restrictive it will be for sabbath keepers. I am dealing with that now. A supervisor will say 'come in to work or train on Satuday, or else'. Don't even bring up training on sunday, because the majority, the vast majority, have been trained and bamboozled into accepting sunday as a worship and rest day. The bible does not establish sunday worship. The Holy Spirit is not the leading force behind this movement. So instead of establishing a rest day by the Word of God, the bible, they resort to manmade laws and legislation.

Sure we can worship on the sabbath, still. But you can be sure that a time is coming soon when a decision will have to be made between the laws of man and the laws of God per acts 5:29.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

Our fire company here on campus is dealing with that, too. All the county or state training seems to include Saturday in some form or another.

James Brenneman

Thats true James, but most worldlings don't care about any sabbath at all, but its a good opportunity to lift up the sabbath to those who are in ignorance.

• Members

Kountzer, when I first was laid off I applied to the Post Office. I got the books, applied for the test, passed and than was called in for an interview and the only day they needed me was on the Sabbath. I told them I didn't work that day, I followed the Bible Sabbath. I knew when I first applied for the PO that I would probably run into that, but was praying that God would help with that. I guess he didn't want me working for them. But the Sabbath will be a real problem as the years go by.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

LOL I wasn't sure what you meant at first Olger? So I went back to my post and had to laugh at my miss spelling of "passed". So thanks for the heads up, I did fix it. :)

pk

phkrause

>>The bible does not establish sunday worship.<<

No, indeed. Men and women, Xtian men and women whom Jesus Christ declared priests and kings of His Kingdom – sanctified and made holy a day as ‘unto the Lord’ – in which to glorify their Gd. That is allowed in that

Gd, in OT times, removed His day of rest – the ‘Seventh-day’ Sabbath, from its profanation by His peoples – without record of His having since reinstitutionalizing it in like manner as it once existed.

>>The Holy Spirit is not the leading force behind this movement.<<

...and this opinion was arrived-at by means of dreams and visions? or by other privy means?

>>So instead of establishing a rest day by the Word of God, the bible,<<

A ‘Seventh-day’ Sabbath was formerly, of olden times, established upon the “Word of God”; however, presently, it is ‘established’ by application to dogmas and doctrines of so-called pioneers – which same dogmas and doctrines, upon occasion, has had to be ‘revised’.

>>...they resort to manmade laws and legislation.<<

I agree, in part: not by “laws and legislation” but by the prompting of the HS – upon the individual’s heart.

>>Sure we can worship on the sabbath, still. But you can be sure that a time is coming soon when a decision will have to be made between the laws of man and the laws of God per acts 5:29.<<

That may be so; however, be assured that there will be, other than the issue of ‘a certain day’, manifold laws imposed upon the honest Xtian – bearing equally upon his/her conscience – for heaven’s sake.

Disabuse me should I err, but doesn’t the linking website above take one to a spin-off from the formerly Herbert W Armstrong’s Worldwide Church of God? which same held views peculiar to them alone?

I understand that Flurry believes - the Germans are the descendants of the Biblical Assyrians, etc.

It may be that a generous portion of salt be taken together with certain parochial views.

Disabuse me should I err, but doesn’t the linking website above take one to a spin-off from the formerly Herbert W Armstrong’s Worldwide Church of God? which same held views peculiar to them alone?

I understand that Flurry believes - the Germans are the descendants of the Biblical Assyrians, etc.

It may be that a generous portion of salt be taken together with certain parochial views.

Yes. HWA .... And I am not sure why one would want to refer this site to those in an Adventist Forum. HWA and the WWCoG. No thanks.

I believe in Hematology.

A ‘Seventh-day’ Sabbath was formerly, of olden times, established upon the “Word of God”; however, presently, it is ‘established’ by application to dogmas and doctrines of so-called pioneers – which same dogmas and doctrines, upon occasion, has had to be ‘revised’.

"Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“ So I swore in My wrath,

‘ They shall not enter My rest,’”

although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:

“ Today, if you will hear His voice,

Do not harden your hearts.”

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience."Hebrews 4:1-11 NKJV Underlined mine LHC

All have right to reject the rest given freely to them.

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

"...knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts..."2 Peter 3:3 NKJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!