• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Steve Billiter

• John317

• LifeHiscost

• Moderators

There are some religious groups that think something like that will happen. Jehovah's Witnesses believe the UN is a fulfillment of prophecy.

I don't believe the UN will turn out to be the Image of the Beast, although there's no question that the UN will be instrumental in facilitating some of the critical end-time developments.

Quote:
The "image to the beast" represents that form of apostate Protestantism which will be developed when the Protestant churches shall seek the aid of the civil power for the enforcement of their dogmas. . . . The Faith I Live By (1958), page 286, paragraph 4

But what is the "image to the beast"? and how is it to be formed? The image is made by the two-horned beast, and is an image to the beast. It is also called an image of the beast. Then to learn what the image is like and how it is to be formed we must study the characteristics of the beast itself--the papacy.

The Great Controversy (1911), page 443, paragraph 1

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Yes, me too.

It will happen as a result of some very great crises' in the world, far greater than anything we've seen before. Something will appear to threaten the very existence of human life on the planet. Could be a combination of threats from outer space, in the financial world, nuclear war, hunger, and epidemics, together with widespread anarchy and the need for martial law throughout many parts of the world.

Sounds frightening, and it is, but we don't have to be afraid as long as we have Christ abiding in us and we're abiding in Him.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Just before we entered it (the time of trouble), we all receive the seal of the living God. Then I saw the four angels cease to hold the four winds. And I saw famine, pestilence, and sword, nation, and the whole world was in confusion (Day-Star, March 14,1846.)

About four months since, I had a vision of events, all in the future. And I saw the time of trouble, such as never was,--Jesus told me it was the time of Jacob's trouble, and that we should be delivered out of it by the voice of God. Just before we entered it, we all received the seal of the living God. Then I saw the four Angels cease to hold the four winds. And I saw famine, pestilence and sword, nation rose against nation, and the whole world was in confusion. Then we cried to God for deliverance day and night till we began to hear the bells on Jesus' garment. And I saw Jesus rise up in the Holiest, and as he came out we heard the tinkling of bells, and knew our High Priest was coming out. Then we heard the voice of God which shook the heavens and earth, and gave the 144,000 the day and hour of Jesus' coming.

Then the saints were free, united and full of the glory of God, for he had turned their captivity. And I saw a flaming cloud come where Jesus stood and he laid off his priestly garment and put on his kingly robe, took his place on the cloud which carried him to the east where it first appeared to the saints on earth, a small black cloud, which was the sign of the Son of Man. While the cloud was passing from the Holiest to the east which took a number of days, the Synagogue of Satan worshiped at the saints feet. Ellen G. Harmon {DS, March 14, 1846 par. 2}

I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, . . . saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. Revelation 7:2, 3 {ML 308.1}

Four mighty angels are still holding the four winds of the earth. Terrible destruction is forbidden to come in full. The accidents by land and by sea; the loss of life, steadily increasing, by storm, by tempest, by railroad disaster, by conflagration; the terrible floods, the earthquakes, and the winds will be the stirring up of the nations to one deadly combat, while the angels hold the four winds, forbidding the terrible power of Satan to be exercised in its fury until the servants of God are sealed in their foreheads. {ML 308.2}

Angels are holding the four winds, which are represented as an angry horse seeking to break loose and rush over the face of the whole earth, bearing destruction and death in its path. {ML 308.3}

A terrible conflict is before us. We are nearing the battle of the great day of God Almighty. That which has been held in control is to be let loose. The angel of mercy is folding her wings, preparing to step down from the throne and leave the world to the control of Satan. The principalities and powers of earth are in bitter revolt against the God of heaven. They are filled with hatred against those who serve Him, and soon, very soon, will be fought the last great battle between good and evil. The earth is to be the battlefield--the scene of the final contest and the final victory. {ML 308.4}

While their hands were loosening, and the four winds were about to blow, the merciful eye of Jesus gazed on the remnant that were not sealed, and He raised His hands to the Father and pleaded with Him that He had spilled His blood for them. Then another angel was commissioned to fly swiftly to the four angels and bid them hold until the servants of God were sealed with the seal of the living God in their foreheads. {ML 308.5}

• Moderators

A terrible conflict is before us. We are nearing the battle of the great day of God Almighty. That which has been held in control is to be let loose. The angel of mercy is folding her wings, preparing to step down from the throne and leave the world to the control of Satan. The principalities and powers of earth are in bitter revolt against the God of heaven. They are filled with hatred against those who serve Him, and soon, very soon, will be fought the last great battle between good and evil. The earth is to be the battlefield--the scene of the final contest and the final victory. {ML 308.4}

Thanks for posting those very important quotes. We need to be well acquainted with them.

This great battle is primarily a spiritual battle in which each believer will have to learn to stand totally alone with only Christ as his support and it will look at times as if he's going to be required to sacrifice his life. Now's the time to prepare for those testing times. :-)

John,

"I don't believe the UN will turn out to be the Image of the Beast, although there's no question that the UN will be instrumental in facilitating some of the critical end-time developments."

I believe the UN will be a major player in enabling the mark of the beast. Notice now how the world is unifying under global warming, the machinery for world cooperation is now being put in placed. The ecumenical movement will also play a large part.

How can any government agency be the "image" when the image is forced sundaykeeping?

The worshipers of God will be especially distinguished by their regard for the fourth commandment, since this is the sign of God's creative power and the witness to His claim upon man's reverence and homage. The wicked will be distinguished by their efforts to tear down the Creator's memorial and to exalt the institution of Rome. In the issue of the conflict all Christendom will be divided into two great classes, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and those who worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark. Although church and state will unite their power to compel all, "both

small and great, rich and poor, free and bond," to receive the mark of the beast, yet the people of God will not receive it. Revelation 13:16. The prophet of Patmos beholds "them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God," and singing the song of Moses and the Lamb. Revelation 15:2. {CCh 39.6}

History repeats itself. The same masterful mind that plotted against the faithful in ages past is now at work to gain control of the fallen churches, that through them he may condemn and put to death all who will not worship the idol sabbath. We have not to battle with mortals, as it may appear. We war not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against wicked spirits in high places. But if the people of God will put their trust in Him and by faith rely upon His power, the devices of Satan will be defeated in our time as signally as in the days of Mordecai. {CTr 366.4}

The decree is to go forth that all who will not receive the mark of the beast shall neither buy nor sell and, finally, that they shall be put to death. But the saints of God do not receive this mark. The prophet of Patmos beheld those who had gotten the victory over the beast and over his image and over his mark and over the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, having the harps of God and singing the song of Moses and the Lamb. . . . {CTr 366.5}

John,

"I don't believe the UN will turn out to be the Image of the Beast, although there's no question that the UN will be instrumental in facilitating some of the critical end-time developments."

I believe the UN will be a major player in enabling the mark of the beast. Notice now how the world is unifying under global warming, the machinery for world cooperation is now being put in placed. The ecumenical movement will also play a large part.

How can any government agency be the "image" when the image is forced sundaykeeping?

The UN is supranational, just like the Vatican was in her heyday. The UN exerts its powers currently by "moral" mandates, and working through the civil powers of the various nations, similar to the way the Papacy did. I remember hearing once upon a time that the organizational structure of the UN is similar to that of the College of Cardinals.

Sunday observance may possibly be brought in initially as an environmental measure - to take a day off and not use as much energy.

dgrimm60, thanks. All I know is that we need to study Revelation 13, intensely along with EGW. Of course Daniel 7 ties in with Rev. 13. There is a difference in what the image is, what the mark is, and who enforces that, although all are closely related.

Notice here these world unifying statements yesterday from Copenhagen:

"When it began, U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon pleaded for world leaders to come to an agreement. "I implore you to seize this opportunity," he said. "Now is the time for common sense, compromise and courage, political courage. . . . The world is watching."

"Obama echoed the urgency. "As the world watches us, our ability to take collective action is in doubt right now," he said. "That's why I come here today, not to talk, but to act."

I believe Satan's agenda here is to unify the world to make it easier to enforce the mark, will will be worldwide.

Rev 13:13 And he does great wonders, so that he makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.

The "he" is the two-horned beast which is the United States.

t was by the display of supernatural power, in making the serpent his medium, that Satan caused the fall of Adam and Eve in Eden. Before the close of time he will work still greater wonders. So far as his power extends, he will perform actual miracles. Says the Scripture: "He ... deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do," not merely those which he pretends to do.

Something more than mere impostures is brought to view in this scripture. But there is a limit beyond which Satan cannot go, and here he calls deception to his aid and counterfeits the work which he has not power actually to perform. In the last days he will appear in such a manner as to make men believe him to be Christ come the second time into the world. He will indeed transform himself into an angel of light. But while he will bear the appearance of Christ in every particular, so far as mere appearance goes, it will deceive none but those who, like Pharaoh, are seeking to resist the truth.

-

{5T 698.1}

Rev 13:14 And deceives them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

The context says here the United states will deceive by miracles, but it may be in conjunction with Satan's power, as he personates Christ. Notice below he "personates" not "impersonates. There is a difference and difference is that almost the world will believe he is really Christ. It will not be like watching an actor or comedian impersonate someone.

As the crowning act in the great drama of deception, Satan himself will personate Christ. The church has long professed to look to the Saviour's advent as the consummation of her hopes. Now the great deceiver will make it appear that Christ has come. In different parts of the earth, Satan will manifest himself among men as a majestic being of dazzling brightness, resembling the description of the Son of God given by John in the Revelation. Revelation 1:13-15. The glory that surrounds him is unsurpassed by anything that mortal eyes have yet beheld. The shout of triumph rings out upon the air: "Christ has come! Christ has come!" The people prostrate themselves in adoration before him, while he lifts up his hands and pronounces a blessing upon them, as Christ blessed His disciples when He was upon the earth. His voice is soft and subdued, yet full of melody. In gentle, compassionate tones he presents some of the same gracious, heavenly truths which the Saviour uttered; he heals the diseases of the people, and then, in his assumed character of Christ, he claims to have changed the Sabbath to Sunday, and commands all to hallow the day which he has blessed.

He declares that those who persist in keeping holy the seventh day are blaspheming his name by refusing to listen to his angels sent to them with light and truth. This is the strong, almost overmastering delusion. Like the Samaritans who were deceived by Simon Magus, the multitudes, from the least to the greatest, give heed to these sorceries, saying: This is "the great power of God." Acts. 8:10. {Mar 276.3}

But the people of God will not be misled. The teachings of this false christ are not in accordance with the Scriptures. {Mar 276.4}

This is why we now need an experience obeying God and all of His commandments especially the Sabbath. Those who now lightly regard the faith of Jesus and the commandments will have great difficulty standing in the time of trouble.

http://midnightcrymedia.com/index.php?view=video&id=87:prophetic-eye-5-howsthe-weather&option=com_jomtube&Itemid=77

http://midnightcrymedia.com/

Karl, I get your point, but during the 1260 prophetic years of papal supremacy, she had the absolute power of the state, being a religio/political power. During this dark time, 50 to 100 million Christians were executed by the papacy for heresy.

When the world shall enforce Sunday observance, the papacy in conjunction with the Unites States and other world governments will again force the conscience in a similar manner. I don't believe there will be millions executed again, but there will be some, and many will be imprisoned and forfeit their property.

Sounds frightening, and it is, but we don't have to be afraid as long as we have Christ abiding in us and we're abiding in Him.

thumbsupthumbsup And it's better than all the brainwork we can muster.

Joy! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
Notice now how the world is unifying under global warming

NOT. The majority of people realize that this 'global warming theory' is just a bunch of hot air.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

there will be some, and many will be imprisoned and forfeit their property.

Which is now happening in other countries as attested to by a certain Martyrs web page, and some brief exposure in the general news media.

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."Luke 21:28 KJV

Joy! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
Notice now how the world is unifying under global warming

NOT. The majority of people realize that this 'global warming theory' is just a bunch of hot air.

i realize its false, but the world is still unifying under it.

Will not the world also unify under a spurious Sabbath?

So far the world has been totally UNable to unite about the Global Warming falacy.

I believe in Hematology.

So far the world has been totally UNable to unite about the Global Warming falacy.

Redwood,

You may be interested to study the issue more. This video brings out the fact that the global warming agenda is pushing for a re-distribution of money to poor countries,which is exactly what the pope has said to do in his encyclical(statement). The world is wondering after the beast.

http://midnightcrymedia.com/index.php?view=video&id=87:prophetic-eye-5-howsthe-weather&option=com_jomtube&Itemid=77

Midnight Cry Media is a great SDA resource. Their Prophetic Eye #6 came out today

Yes. I agree the attempts have been made. But my point was that so far it has been UNsuccessful.

BO has been trying very hard to push China. But so far China has resisted.

I believe in Hematology.

Right, but China will come on board probably. I think China is enjoying their newfound top-rated economic status. They can play with the big boys now. Global warming is still a world-unifying agenda.

Quote:
Global warming is still a world-unifying agenda.

Well ... I would use a different word than 'agenda'. I would call it what it is : A SCAM.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Global warming is still a world-unifying agenda.

Well ... I would use a different word than 'agenda'. I would call it what it is : A SCAM.

I totally agree, it is fraud. have you looked at Climategate? These scientists tweaked the results to fit their agenda and now they try to sweep it all under the rug.Al Gore made a billion bucks off his movie, "An Inconvenient Lie" and its noteworthy he, their leader is a politician, what do politicians do best? They stretch the truth.

The scientists tweak the results also because they get funding;they will never run out of work.

They try to say that Katrina and Indonesia's tidal wave is carbon dioxide driven but thats pure baloney. We know from prophecy that demons cause those things and it will get far worse.

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

I tried to run this by professor John Christy but he wasn't buying it, he said its all numbers.

• Members

Steve Billiter wrote:

Quote:
We know from prophecy that demons cause those things and it will get far worse.

thbiglaugh.gif Sorry. Demons wish to inhabit people, not cause floods and tidal waves.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

To no one in general. We have many things that are frauds and many join in anyway. Many things can and will happen quickly, just as we're looking somewhere else. And as John mentioned, there is nothing to be worried about. If we are ready and awake nothing will get passed us. I believe Jesus mentions that on several occasions "Be watchful and be not deceived" and EGW also says that.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Steve Billiter wrote:

Quote:
We know from prophecy that demons cause those things and it will get far worse.

thbiglaugh.gif Sorry. Demons wish to inhabit people, not cause floods and tidal waves.

The "sea and the waves roaring" refers to peoples and nations, which perfectly fits our global state of affairs in these times.

Joy! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

http://www.3abnradio.org/archives/rsh016.mp3

i see that alot of people saying sunday worship is not the mark of the beast, but listening to this sermon i now beg to differ. it would be the major difference in God's law (keeping his commandments and testimony of Jesus) and the Devil's counterfeit. this is wrong because they are trying to force worship and thats wrong. God never forced anybody but gave choice.

I think God would have us worship Him each and every day. Nothing wrong with worship on Sunday.

I believe in Hematology.

I think God would have us worship Him each and every day. Nothing wrong with worship on Sunday.

True worship is 24/7. But if we as Adventists replace Sabbath with Sunday, that is Sabbathbreaking and idolatry.