• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Steve Billiter

• John317

• LifeHiscost

Originally Posted By: Redwood
I think God would have us worship Him each and every day. Nothing wrong with worship on Sunday.

True worship is 24/7. But if we as Adventists replace Sabbath with Sunday, that is Sabbathbreaking and idolatry.

Let's not change the subject.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Steve Billiter wrote:

Quote:
We know from prophecy that demons cause those things and it will get far worse.

thbiglaugh.gif Sorry. Demons wish to inhabit people, not cause floods and tidal waves.

Pam, please read the book of Job and EGW for a proper understanding of truth regarding disasters.

Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Job 1:19 And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Satan did all this.

Job 1:16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Here the servant mistakenly attributes the fire to be from God, and caused by God. Jobs wife and friends also believed Job sinned and was being cursed by God.

Four mighty angels are still holding the four winds of the earth. Terrible destruction is forbidden to come in full. The accidents by land and by sea; the loss of life, steadily increasing, by storm, by tempest, by railroad disaster, by conflagration; the terrible floods, the earthquakes, and the winds will be the stirring up of the nations to one deadly combat, while the angels hold the four winds, forbidding the terrible power of Satan to be exercised in its fury until the servants of God are sealed in their foreheads. {ML 308.2}

It is true that insurance reports assign "act of God" status to fire, floods, earthquakes, etc. but the truth is Satan and his demons do these things with divine permission exactly as portrayed in the book of Job and the SOP

A single angel destroyed all the first-born of the Egyptians, and filled the land with mourning. When David offended against God by numbering the people, one angel caused that terrible destruction by which his sin was punished. The same destructive power exercised by holy angels when God commands, will be exercised by evil angels when he permits. There are forces now ready, and only waiting the divine permission, to spread desolation everywhere. {GC88 614.2}

http://www.3abnradio.org/archives/rsh016.mp3

i see that alot of people saying sunday worship is not the mark of the beast, but listening to this sermon i now beg to differ.

"Sunday can be used for carrying forward various lines of work that will accomplish much for the Lord. On this day open-air meetings and cottage meetings can be held. House-to-house work can be done. Those who write can devote this day to writing their articles. Whenever it is possible, let religious services be held on Sunday. Make these meetings intensely interesting. Sing genuine revival hymns, and speak with power and assurance of the Saviour's love. Speak on temperance and on true religious experience. You will thus learn much about how to work, and will reach many souls. " 9T 233

I believe in Hematology.

I get your point, but Daniel two speaks of attempts for political unification, not ideological only. Napoleon tried, and Germany tried twice, but failed because God said they would not cleave one to another.

• Moderators

I think God would have us worship Him each and every day. Nothing wrong with worship on Sunday.

The problem will be when people worship on Sunday because of the Sunday Law while they do NOT keep the seventh-day Sabbath. At that point, people may use Sunday as a day for teaching the truth and for evangelizing but not for worship in the sense that the Sunday Laws require. Genuine worship of God is obeying His commandments, and His commandments call for people to work 6 days a week and rest and worship on the seventh day of the week.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Originally Posted By: Michael Leon
http://www.3abnradio.org/archives/rsh016.mp3

i see that alot of people saying sunday worship is not the mark of the beast, but listening to this sermon i now beg to differ.

"Sunday can be used for carrying forward various lines of work that will accomplish much for the Lord. On this day open-air meetings and cottage meetings can be held. House-to-house work can be done. Those who write can devote this day to writing their articles. Whenever it is possible, let religious services be held on Sunday. Make these meetings intensely interesting. Sing genuine revival hymns, and speak with power and assurance of the Saviour's love. Speak on temperance and on true religious experience. You will thus learn much about how to work, and will reach many souls. " 9T 233

that should be every day, actually. but the difference is that no other day is being force fed as the day of worship. sunday through the sabbath we should worship, but only one day has been set aside with divinity and thats the sabbath. it's not suggesting that you cant worship on sunday, rather, it will get to the point where you will follow God's law or not and it calls for a seventh day rest, not the first. the romans changed it to show their power in being able to change God's law. so, everyday we should "sing genuine revival hymns, and speak with power and assurance of the Saviour's love." not just one day, but there is only one sabbath, not two or seven.

Quote:
His commandments call for people to work 6 days a week and rest and worship on the seventh day of the week.

I don't believe that to be saying that we can't worship on Sundays.

Quote:
"...there's nothing wrong with worshiping on Sunday too" May 2002 -

Adventist Review, pg. 14 - NAD Edition

Family Matters by Kay Kuzma

Let's Just Praise the Lord

"I was raised a Baptist, but I attended a series of evangelistic

meetings, and 1 now believe in the seventh-day Sabbath. I love my

Sabbath school class, and the message at church is good, but I miss

the praise and worshipful singing part of the church service. I feel

like I'm starving to death. Sometimes I think about going to a

Baptist church, but I don't believe in their beliefs any longer. But

then again, I don't believe in everything at the church I'm at now.

What can I do?--Joyful

"Dear Joyful: I love praise services too. We right-brained people

need to feel and respond to God's love with our body language. There

are a lot of left-brained people, however, who were drawn to the

Adventist Church because they saw the logic of Bible truth, and they

don't understand us. Many are afraid that a show of emotion will lead

to extremes.

So what should we do? I urge you to enjoy the diversity of God's

church family and pray for flexibility, for openness to new forms of

worship, and for a loving tolerance of each other. Raise your hands

when you feel like it--especially if the words of the songs you sing

tell you to, Any song can be a praise song if sung with emotion

(although it seldom happens with heads buried in hymnals).

You might suggest that your church select a few hymns to memorize, so

they can put the hymnals down and look up to God. Start with a slow,

meaningful version of "Holy, Holy, Holy." Our little church group is

memorizing scripture songs; it's really fun. The children sing with

us, and they're eager to raise their hands to the Lord and clap as

the words of the song may indicate. We're also learning to sign some

songs, since one of our members is a deaf teenager.

There's no question that the seventh day is holy time. But when

you're hungering for something more, there's nothing wrong with

worshiping on Sunday too. Just don't give up one for the other. Plus,

it's a great way to witness to others about the Bible truth you've

found. And keep playing the praise CDs in your home, singing out,

raising your hands, and praising the Lord."

Kay Kuzma, Ed.D., is founder and speaker of Family Matters.

Send your questions and comments to:

Dr. Kay c/o Family Matters

1105 Big Creek Road

LaFollette, TN

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Quote:
His commandments call for people to work 6 days a week and rest and worship on the seventh day of the week.

I don't believe that to be saying that we can't worship on Sundays.

No, it isn't. I sometimes go to Sunday-keeping churches to visit. That is not the problem. The problem will be when people rest and worship on Sunday and do not keep the Sabbath because of the Sunday laws. At that point we shouldn't be "worshipping" on the Sunday in obedience to the laws of the state.

It's good to remember that for several hundred years, the early church worshipped on both Sabbath and Sunday. That is how Sunday came into the church. It was gradual and subtle. Sunday-worship slowly took the place of the Sabbath, and it seemed to be a good idea. What's wrong with worshipping on the day Christ rose? Well, of course nothing is wrong with it in and of itself. But after a while, in the minds of the people, the two days got confused, and the little-horn power passed laws requiring feasting and resting on Sunday but fasting and work on the Sabbath. So in time most Christian churches ignored the Sabbath. That can happen to Seventh-day Adventists too if we don't keep a clear distinction in our minds between the Sabbath and the other days of the week.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
At that point we shouldn't be "worshipping" on the Sunday in obedience to the laws of the state.

If the State required me to worship on Sunday I would comply. I see no problem worshipping God on Sunday. Our prophet as I quoted ... felt the same way. The more we worship our God the better.

The only issue I see is if the State required me to work on Saturday . Now that ... I would not do.

I believe in Hematology.

Let's sum it all up succinctly so we don't have have to trot all around Robin Hood's barn for the answer which is obvious. There is no problem with worshiping on Sunday. The problem is "Not worshiping" on Saturday Sabbath. If you do both you have covered both "God and Man"..............but........ you may not get away with it for long when "man" figures out what you are up to and once again changes the laws to make it "impossible" to worship on the Biblical Sabbath.

• Members

Let's sum it all up succinctly so we don't have have to trot all around Robin Hood's barn for the answer which is obvious. There is no problem with worshiping on Sunday. The problem is "Not worshiping" on Saturday Sabbath. If you do both you have covered both "God and Man"..............but........ you may not get away with it for long when "man" figures out what you are up to and once again changes the laws to make it "impossible" to worship on the Biblical Sabbath.

thumbsup

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Yep. I think that was what I said.

rollingsmile

I believe in Hematology.