ClubAdventist is back!

The Future of Books

Gail

• Administrators

Where do you think the concept of book-reading will go?

With the availability of Kindle and downloadable literary files, are YOU still buying a tangible, made-out-of-paper book?

Will hardcover and paperbacks never go out of style?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I will always continue to buy a book...I don't think books will ever go out of style. I have no interest in buying a Kindle. book.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I think that physical books have a lot of advantages... one of the greatest being that their batteries don't die.

I envision the books of the future as being a combination of physical, paper books and electronic books. They might even be real, bound books with electronic paper, so you can have one "real" book that can hold thousands of electronic books, so you can have the convenience of e-books with the feel of paper books.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Members

I also believe that books will be around for a long time Gail. Have you tried reading a book on your computer? I think its very restricking, and hard to read on a 17 inch monitor. Now try reading that on the kindle which is even smaller. These other things might have its pros but I think they have more cons.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 1 year later...

There is something so organic about the smell and feel of a book. I hope they never go away.

last time we moved my wife started counting our books when she was unpacking. She gave up when she got to 1200. I am now banned from thrift stores, flea markets, and yard sales.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There is something so organic about the smell and feel of a book. I hope they never go away.

last time we moved my wife started counting our books when she was unpacking. She gave up when she got to 1200. I am now banned from thrift stores, flea markets, and yard sales.

LOL

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm glad to see that people still like the nostalgic feel of a real book with pages.

I was asked this question the other day... While I love my Kindle, I don't think I would use it for researching something nor for Bible reading. It's for FREE books.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.