ClubAdventist is back!

Zeta is in the Hospital - Need Prayers

• Moderators

Sound like she's going to have a cardiac catheterization... the doctors don't want to risk forming a blood clot while they do the procedure.. (Maybe she should ask to have a CTA where they inject dye and do the procedure without risking an invasive procedure - they take the pictures using a CT scanner and get just as good results. The only problem is that if she needs a stent, then she would need to have the original cardiac cath done.)

There have been reports in the medical literature recently that having a stent implanted in a blood vessel does not increase the patient's life expectancy. The best way to strengthen the walls of the blood vessel is by exercise [coupled with clot-dissolving meds] -- which must of course be entered into gradually and over a long period of time. And of course the clot-dissolving meds are given after a stent is implanted, also.

I can't give the references or exact quotations on this, but maybe they're available at WebMD.com or at Google.

Praying for Zeta....

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phkrause

• rudywoofs (Pam)

• Nan

I work in the Cardiovascular Lab at Loma Linda Univ. Med. Center. We do coronary angiograms all the time. Placing a stent is a relatively safe proceedure (1/1000 instances of complication). There are two main types of stents, drug eluting and bare metal. The drug eluting ones require a lifetime of taking a medication called Plavix. The bare metal requires Plavix, but only for about four or five years. If the blockage is in one of the main coronary arteries it will need to be opened or it will cause a significant MI (myocardio infarction), better known as a heart attack. It is too bad she is not out here, we could do the proceedure and let her go home the next day.

I work in the Cardiovascular Lab at Loma Linda Univ. Med. Center. We do coronary angiograms all the time. Placing a stent is a relatively safe proceedure (1/1000 instances of complication). There are two main types of stents, drug eluting and bare metal. The drug eluting ones require a lifetime of taking a medication called Plavix. The bare metal requires Plavix, but only for about four or five years. If the blockage is in one of the main coronary arteries it will need to be opened or it will cause a significant MI (myocardio infarction), better known as a heart attack. It is too bad she is not out here, we could do the proceedure and let her go home the next day.

She sure would like to go home.

• Members

The doctors are practising on her. First they said her blood was too thin to do the procedure they wanted to do, so they did something to change that. Now they have come and told her that her blood is too thick.

But they are planning to do the procedure monday, where they go inside her heart through a blood vessel and look around, and take pictures.

Zeta is not a very happy camper right now.

Wow sounds like one of those days that you wish you could wake up on another day and hope it was just a dream. :)

Just let her know we're keeping her in our prays.

It seems like wayfinder has some good advice. Wonder if its pratical at this point to go out there. Maybe she can ask for a second opinion?

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

They do the same thing here that they do there. But they have to make sure her blood is right before they can do it.

Well that sounds good than. Tell her to keep the Faith. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Zeta sent me this in an e-mail just now. She has her laptop now, but doesn't feel like doing much with it.

I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done. Psalm 118:17

• Members

Zeta sent me this in an e-mail just now. She has her laptop now, but doesn't feel like doing much with it.

I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done. Psalm 118:17

Glad that she still has her sense of humor. :)

Thanks for the update

pk

phkrause

• Members

Are there any update's Richard? I guess you would've updated us if you knew anymore. Just being ancious (sp).

pk

phkrause

Well, They did the heart cathaterazation today, and told her some stuff. Now they want to keep her for a few more days, and do some other kinds of tests on her, and get her blood back to being right. It doesn't sound like it's going to be all that much fun for poor Zeta.

• Members

Well, They did the heart cathaterazation today, and told her some stuff. Now they want to keep her for a few more days, and do some other kinds of tests on her, and get her blood back to being right. It doesn't sound like it's going to be all that much fun for poor Zeta.

Well you keep visiting and keep us updated. So I guess you live very near each other, and obviously know each other?

pk

phkrause

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook

Well you keep visiting and keep us updated. So I guess you live very near each other, and obviously know each other?

pk

20+ years, but we don't live in the same town anymore.

• Members

Originally Posted By: pkrause

pk[/quote']

20+ years, but we don't live in the same town anymore.

Thats really cool. Its to bad I don't live closer to many on CA. Its would be nice to be able to visit when one is ill. But I guess sending our prays will have to do.

pk

phkrause

Sounds like what my wife has...AFIB... I was able to spring her from the hospital on Christmas eve after the Heart Cath...... next they want to shock the heart if the meds are not working in the next couple of weeks..I suppose that the last resort is Pacemaker..................

• Members

Sounds like what my wife has...AFIB... I was able to spring her from the hospital on Christmas eve after the Heart Cath...... next they want to shock the heart if the meds are not working in the next couple of weeks..I suppose that the last resort is Pacemaker..................

Well Glad we'll pray for her to!

pk

phkrause

Still praying too.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

RICHARD

ANY more updates on her

dgrimm60

Ya I second that, and Richard say Happy Sabbath to Zeta for me.

pk

phkrause