• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• LifeHiscost

• karl

• Members

It's too bad that a some Muslims have given all Muslims a bad reputation. I'm sure there's some really nice people out there, but I'm afraid of them, personally.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Maybe the Good Muslims should do or say something publicly about the Bad Muslims. Of course, they, too, would become bombing targets for those who believe they will receive a great reward for murdering as many as possible who aren't Bad Muslims like themselves.

Instead of calling them insurgents, the media should be calling them mass murderers. There's nothing holy about them. They just enjoy watching people who aren't like them die. Who in their right mind would want to be ruled by these cold-hearted, stony-faced, bloodthirsty killers?

Muslim Mafia. Criminal Jihad. Allah's Assassins

When Islam rules, the Dark Ages will return, and Earth will cry for all the dead.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

It's too bad that a some Muslims have given all Muslims a bad reputation. I'm sure there's some really nice people out there, but I'm afraid of them, personally.

I have no doubt you are right and there are many very nice and many "christians" among muslims.

But muslims have a responsibility when coming to this country as well as those of us that are citizens.

If they do not want to assimilate as immigrants used to and they keep themselves separate,they will always appear not to "belong"

They do not need to give up their native language at home or among their own group. Learn english if you are going to have a reasonable chance at employment.

America is under no obligation to bend over backwards to accommodate their culture or religion. They were not forced here. They requested permission to be allowed to live here and in doing so there must have been something about america that they wanted.

They should understand that even if they are not terrorists and I assume most are not,forcing your religious practises on town hall meetings and more is not conducive to a smooth and easy transition. When they shop in local stores and they are told that they cannot haggle over prices as they did in their country,maybe they should respect wishes of others.Especially when those others are paying their housing,schooling,medical etc. They should quit driving out regular customers that have simply given up trying to shop at the same time.

Police and supervise their own children. Teach them respect for america,the country they have chosen to come to. Many of the muslim young men have gone to Somali and other places for training as terrorists. Then some come back here. Anybody question why.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

i really enjoyed this video.

but i cant help but wonder at the statements made. during this age, the perceived enemy is islam. it's an issue that has been raging long before the 9/11 attacks but now its both spoke about around the water cooler and forced fed in the home; all the while speaking harshly on it without understanding.

true: christians, jews and muslims are at odds but lets not forget two important things:

one: we all come from the same place and worship the same God. though people perverted islam to what most think it is today we must not forget that true christians were and will be again on the persecution stand along with the jews. we should have more compassion for our BROTHERS AND SISTERS (literally) during this time.

two: we will always be at a difference until Christ returns, so its not our place to judge. didnt he say that he had sheep in other pastures? (the answer is yes.) didnt he tell abraham that he would still bless ishmael? in spite of our historic issues and the consequences we must bear with, we being true christians need our first and foremost thought towards this issue to be love.

fear is not of God.

i get upset when i see on the news "some religious nut job" who burns crosses on his students. I get upset when the country i live in professes christ but does nothing to magnify him. I get upset when i hear people claim christianity while praising the enemy. we too have our terrorist. we too have people who have hijacked our faith which causes people to scream "down with ALL religion!"

take time to learn the difference and build your relationship with God. Of course we have different opinions and yes, i still hold true to my faith but i know that God loves all of his children and he made a promise to abraham in regards to isaac and ishmael so until he comes cast aside judgment and gird yourself properly. peace.

• Moderators

but i cant help but wonder at the statements made.

I liked the video too. It was wonderful. Inspiring in fact.

sleepyfro Bonnie.......

Quote:

I have no doubt you are right and there are many very nice and many "christians" among muslims.

WHAT? What on earth does that mean?

Quote:

They do not need to give up their native language at home or among their own group. Learn english if you are going to have a reasonable chance at employment.

America is under no obligation to bend over backwards to accommodate their culture or religion. They were not forced here. They requested permission to be allowed to live here and in doing so there must have been something about america that they wanted.

Did you actually watch the Video? MOST OF THE SIGNS WERE IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THEY SPEAK ENGLISH. THEY KNOW HOW TO SPELL, THEIR SYNTAX IS GREAT, THEY KNOW WHAT A VERB IS. THEY PAY TAXES. THEY EAT FOOD. THEY WATCH TV. THEY LOVE THEIR KIDS. THEY HAVE SEX. THEY LAUGH. THEY CRY. THIS IS A MULTICULTURAL SOCIETY. THIS IS, FOR THE TIME BEING A COUNTRY THAT ALLOWS FREEDOM OF RELIGION. THEY ARE AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE RIGHT THEY WERE NOT FORCED HERE, MANY WERE BORN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes I am shouting!

Quote:

They should understand that even if they are not terrorists and I assume most are not,forcing your religious practises on town hall meetings and more is not conducive to a smooth and easy transition. When they shop in local stores and they are told that they cannot haggle over prices as they did in their country,maybe they should respect wishes of others.Especially when those others are paying their housing,schooling,medical etc. They should quit driving out regular customers that have simply given up trying to shop at the same time.

Police and supervise their own children. Teach them respect for america,the country they have chosen to come to. Many of the muslim young men have gone to Somali and other places for training as terrorists. Then some come back here. Anybody question why.

Why do you keep posting this ignorant, bigoted, foolishness which has no basis in fact. Generalizations about a group of people that cannot be supported by verifiable information creates a negative atmosphere and makes me shout!!!!!!! bargu

To use a great American phrase "Are You kidding me?

Why not post this kind of stuff here: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Maybe the Good Muslims should do or say something publicly about the Bad Muslims. Of course, they, too, would become bombing targets for those who believe they will receive a great reward for murdering as many as possible who aren't Bad Muslims like themselves.

Instead of calling them insurgents, the media should be calling them mass murderers. There's nothing holy about them. They just enjoy watching people who aren't like them die. Who in their right mind would want to be ruled by these cold-hearted, stony-faced, bloodthirsty killers?

Muslim Mafia. Criminal Jihad. Allah's Assassins

When Islam rules, the Dark Ages will return, and Earth will cry for all the dead.

Lot of truth in this post, friend.

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

Breathe, Laz !!

bwink

g

I'm OK now.

popcorn.gif

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:

WHAT? What on earth does that mean?

It means there are many that live up to their beliefs. Many do not,just as catholics,Methodists and SDA's do not.

Quote:
Did you actually watch the Video? MOST OF THE SIGNS WERE IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THEY SPEAK ENGLISH. THEY KNOW HOW TO SPELL, THEIR SYNTAX IS GREAT, THEY KNOW WHAT A VERB IS. THEY PAY TAXES. THEY EAT FOOD. THEY WATCH TV. THEY LOVE THEIR KIDS. THEY HAVE SEX. THEY LAUGH. THEY CRY. THIS IS A MULTICULTURAL SOCIETY. THIS IS, FOR THE TIME BEING A COUNTRY THAT ALLOWS FREEDOM OF RELIGION. THEY ARE AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE RIGHT THEY WERE NOT FORCED HERE, MANY WERE BORN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes I am shouting!

Shout as loud as you would like.Yes,I watched a video produced for a specific reason.

Quote:
Why do you keep posting this ignorant, bigoted, foolishness which has no basis in fact. Generalizations about a group of people that cannot be supported by verifiable information creates a negative atmosphere and makes me shout!!!!!!! bargu

I do not feel any oblications to provide you with a video of any kind showing examples of this.Shout by all means.

I have personally seen them in stores I shop in. If I have a choice in the matter I will not be shopping when they are there.

Is this everyone of them? I don't think so. If some muslims create a negative atmosphere it is their responsibility to stop as it is ours not to harrass and hate muslims.

There would have been little point to the video had it not been done in english.

Many times they will file lawsuits here against the very ones that make it possible for them to live in comfort in out country.

It is a two way street.They do not come here as a perfect people.

Why do you keep posting this ignorant, bigoted, foolishness which has no basis in fact. Generalizations about a group of people that cannot be supported by verifiable information creates a negative atmosphere and makes me shout!!!!!!!

No basis in fact is not accurate. Your believing something or not hasn't anything to do with what I and others have witnessed here with muslims..

The way "groups" of them conduct themselves has a lot to do with the way "these groups" are thought of.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Laz-

If I were bonnie, I too, would not be able to see the bigotry, the slanted thinking, the prejudicial observations, as this is normal thinking. It's just everyday observations that justify my perfectly good intentions/well wishing for all americans....

....but I am not...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

As to your rant and shout....

Quote:
MOST OF THE SIGNS WERE IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THEY SPEAK ENGLISH. THEY KNOW HOW TO SPELL, THEIR SYNTAX IS GREAT, THEY KNOW WHAT A VERB IS. THEY PAY TAXES. THEY EAT FOOD. THEY WATCH TV. THEY LOVE THEIR KIDS. THEY HAVE SEX. THEY LAUGH. THEY CRY. THIS IS A MULTICULTURAL SOCIETY. THIS IS, FOR THE TIME BEING A COUNTRY THAT ALLOWS FREEDOM OF RELIGION. THEY ARE AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE RIGHT THEY WERE NOT FORCED HERE, MANY WERE BORN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

We live in a small town of under 10,000. Prior to the economy going south we had one of the fastest growing area's in MN.

Typically minorities of any race do not congregate in the smaller towns.

It was different to see so many come here.Not as in they shouldn't but just something that had not been the norm.

We have about every minority race that lives in MN.All seem very nice,friendly and a assest to our small town.

I don't know any muslims on a personal level but speak to them while on our walks and in the grocery store.

We have a neighbor that does know some muslim families quite well.We have mexican and black families in quite large numbers.

Many have moved out to the smaller towns as they do not want to raise their children in the atmosphere that is in the larger cities.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of racial or religious tensions. I am sure there is always some,but when I see groups of young people walking home from school together,some time hand in hand it does not appear there is a divide. Some of the minority groups have let it be known they don't want their children raised with the mindset that seems to be the norm in the larger towns and cities.

We have a mexican family that lives 4 houses down from us. This man has more prejudice against his own race than any white person I have ever seen. He gets livid when he sees those that don't work,don't take care of their families and homes.He does not want his children raised among his own race.

I am sure there are many people that either do fear all of them or are prejudice based strictly on race.That does not make it all the fault of "white" people. There are those that do base their reactions to another race on how they have been treated by that race. That holds true for all skin colors.

Quote:

If I were bonnie, I too, would not be able to see the bigotry, the slanted thinking, the prejudicial observations, as this is normal thinking. It's just everyday observations that justify my perfectly good intentions/well wishing for all americans....

....but I am not...

Neil,when I go shopping and am almost blocked from a couple of the smaller stores because of muslims haggling over prices,again and again,I know this would not be tolerated if the ones haggling were white. They would be removed by force.

To sue or threaten to sue by whites because town meetings are held at their prayer/church times would be laughed out of court.Any coming here should be treated as any citizen. Not made into a special cause because of their religion.

As to prejudicial observations

this may be a surprise to you,but watching a muslim disrupt shopping and town meetings because of their culture or religion is not being prejudicial. It is a fact.

Nothing more,nothing less.

There is nothing about being muslim that grants them special privileges.

And yes I am shouting!

To use a great American phrase "Are You kidding me?

Why not post this kind of stuff here: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

Lazarus,

How do you think we could enlist the non-violent muslims in our attempts to neutralize the deadly muslims?

I think this is the ONLY thing that will dispel the prejudice against them. Until then, they will be perceived as part of the threat against us.

Unfortunately, the jihadists are quoting from the worship book of the non-violent muslims. Makes it difficult to separate them out.

• Members

but i cant help but wonder at the statements made. during this age, the perceived enemy is islam. it's an issue that has been raging long before the 9/11 attacks but now its both spoke about around the water cooler and forced fed in the home; all the while speaking harshly on it without understanding.

true: christians, jews and muslims are at odds but lets not forget two important things:

one: we all come from the same place and worship the same God. though people perverted islam to what most think it is today we must not forget that true christians were and will be again on the persecution stand along with the jews. we should have more compassion for our BROTHERS AND SISTERS (literally) during this time.

two: we will always be at a difference until Christ returns, so its not our place to judge. didnt he say that he had sheep in other pastures? (the answer is yes.) didnt he tell abraham that he would still bless ishmael? in spite of our historic issues and the consequences we must bear with, we being true christians need our first and foremost thought towards this issue to be love.

fear is not of God.

i get upset when i see on the news "some religious nut job" who burns crosses on his students. I get upset when the country i live in professes christ but does nothing to magnify him. I get upset when i hear people claim christianity while praising the enemy. we too have our terrorist. we too have people who have hijacked our faith which causes people to scream "down with ALL religion!"

take time to learn the difference and build your relationship with God. Of course we have different opinions and yes, i still hold true to my faith but i know that God loves all of his children and he made a promise to abraham in regards to isaac and ishmael so until he comes cast aside judgment and gird yourself properly. peace.

Excellent post Michael, there isn't anything I'd change if I were to make a responding post. thumbsup

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Many that have done nothing on their own to cause a negative reaction are viewed with suspicion. The suspicions many harbor are not without cause.Doesn't make mistreating anyone right.

During the summer and garage sale season many in our town and the surrounding area's get very watchful when having a garage sale.

Hmongs are very well known for theft.They come in large groups at a time.One engages the owner in trying to negotiate a lower price on an item while others are busy taking what they can.It is not difficult to find your items that you did not sell. The local flea markets are a great place for those that have stolen goods to sell the items.

Some are afraid to confront them even catching them at their trade.

Are all Hmongs thieves? No. But when they show up at your door do they bear watching? Those that have dealt with it say yes.

We have a large farmers market in MPLS. Hmongs have caused a great deal of problems.Using the same tactics they steal produce.

Sometimes they take it for their own use and other times a Hmong produce stand will suddenly have more and the same items that are now missing from their own stands.

It is easy to condemn those not wanting to do business with or have close association with a minority race that does this over and over again.

A white haired grandmother in a walker may very well do the same thing but it usually is not so systematic and wide spread.

It is not all blind prejudice. It comes because of actions of others.

I am not sure what religious beliefs Hmongs have.Doesn't make a bit of difference. That specific group does very well in taking from others and profiting from it.Then complaining theu are victims of prejudice or hate.

When I am having a sale and I see Hmongs pulling up I get my husband. I am sure there are those that have come here that absolutely would not steal. I am to know that how??

When I am having a sale and I see Hmongs pulling up I get my husband. I am sure there are those that have come here that absolutely would not steal. I am to know that how??

When I was in school, I lived in a black ghetto. My house was burglarized multiple times. I was threatened when I called the police. An attempt was made to burn down my place. After one of the burglaries I was canvassing the neighborhood. One old man told me that the young punks had everyone scared. He said he knew who was burglarizing my house but couldn't tell me because they would kill him. One time when I was riding my bike down the street, five of them fanned across the street in front of me armed with bats and clubs. I rode the other way and soon moved away.

Sometimes you just have to admit they've got you outnumbered and move on.

Quote:

When I was in school, I lived in a black ghetto. My house was burglarized multiple times. I was threatened when I called the police. An attempt was made to burn down my place. After one of the burglaries I was canvassing the neighborhood. One old man told me that the young punks had everyone scared. He said he knew who was burglarizing my house but couldn't tell me because they would kill him. One time when I was riding my bike down the street, five of them fanned across the street in front of me armed with bats and clubs. I rode the other way and soon moved away.

Sometimes you just have to admit they've got you outnumbered and move on.

Many can attest to what you said,but to do so brands you as a racist.

There are bad in every race of people. When your personal experience reflects a negative experience more than a positive one with some,you can end up a little gun shy.

When someone tries to shop and is pushed aside because of a group that persists in behavior that makes most leave, it leaves a impression.

When the muslim religion demands special considerations it does not give one the warm fuzzies.Their religious beliefs should be respected,but not have a preference

SDA's would be laughed out of town if they insisted on town meetings to be held when all SDA's could attend. In some towns around here that is exactly what is done.

• Moderators

How do you think we could enlist the non-violent muslims in our attempts to neutralize the deadly muslims?

I think this is the ONLY thing that will dispel the prejudice against them. Until then, they will be perceived as part of the threat against us.

Unfortunately, the jihadists are quoting from the worship book of the non-violent muslims. Makes it difficult to separate them out.

When you say non-violent I guess you mean those who don't use violence against the US. We like violent Muslims as long as its not against us. There are Islamic governments and populations who already assist the west in killing Islamic terrorists. It wasn't until the US began to pay former Sadamists in Iraq that the situation turned around. Local Iraqi communities began to take up arms against AQ.

Egypt, Pakistan, Jordan Saudi Arabia are already fighting against the radicals. The problem is that they in turn use their violence on their own people to perpetuate their regimes. Many of the Muslim immigrants left those countries for a better life here. They want the freedom and liberty that America enjoys but are regarded as non-American. That in itself breed resentment in the rising generation.

The dilemma for the west is that it uses corrupt and despotic regimes to do its work. In the process of neutralizing the most innocent in those community suffer.

I grew up in a community of law abiding, education and family orientated Muslims. That is what I know. My experience of Muslims from Pakistan, India, etc is not through a TV screen its through eating food with them, doing homework, playing soccer and cricket. The only way to "enlist" someone is to establish a relationship, win their trust and to trust them. This takes time, stepping out of your comfort zone and a little humility.

The underpants bomber's father went to authorities.

It was the relatives of the Somali young men who went missing who raised the alarm.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editor...ine_of_defense/

There is a heartening aspect to the otherwise unnerving story of five young American Muslims who flew to Pakistan Dec. 1 with the apparent intention of enrolling in a jihadist group. Law enforcement officials received crucial cooperation from anxious relatives of the five young men.

The family members told imams and the Council on American-Islamic Relations of their worries, and CAIR officials swiftly arranged a meeting with the FBI . The five were then found in the house of a Pakistani man associated with an extremist group and detained by Pakistani authorities.

It would be hard to exaggerate the value of having Muslim community leaders take the lead, as they did in this instance, in guarding against terrorism - and in rescuing impressionable young Muslims from the effects of indoctrination in an alluring ideology rooted in a disfiguring of Islam.

Americans have thus far been spared the sort of mass killings perpetrated by locally grown terrorist groups in London, Madrid, and Bali. But recent incidents of Muslim Americans coming under the influence of Islamist extremists raise the specter of the jihadist pathology coming to this country. The first line of defense against that threat will have to be alert families, clerical authorities, and Muslim-American community groups.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: karl

t would be hard to exaggerate the value of having Muslim community leaders take the lead, as they did in this instance, in guarding against terrorism - and in rescuing impressionable young Muslims from the effects of indoctrination in an alluring ideology rooted in a disfiguring of Islam.

I guess we just need to publicize a lot more the help we're getting and the anti-jihadist work from non-violent muslims. That, more than anything, will dispel the prejudice.

Quote:

I guess we just need to publicize a lot more the help we're getting and the anti-jihadist work from non-violent muslims. That, more than anything, will dispel the prejudice.

A couple of days ago we had a triple murder of somali's here.

From reports those that were murdered were well thought of. A very liberal newscaster ended his news reports with "Wonder if it was racially motivated" There was not that much known about the crime when he did this.Appears now it was committed by somali's against somali's. As a media figure he took the opportunity to drive the wedge a little deeper with his carelss comments.

What would have been nice to see is family members of the murdered men denounce soundly what the newscaster said.

Silence.

A woman made a 911 call.Her husband had beaten her and was threatening to kill her. Finding the man had a history of domestic violence among other things a swat team was sent.

The husband was using his wife as a shield with a butcher knife to her neck. He had already drawn blood.

The husband was killed by the swat team. Guess who ended up threatening a law suit because her husband was shot only because he was black. We did not hear any defense of the authorities from any minority community,only condemnation.

We have one of the largest if not the largest somalia muslim communities. Personally I think the numbers of budding terrorist are in the minority. That is not necessarily what causes the tension and racial dislike.

When any group or any race feels they have more rights than others it does not make for good relations.We have a responsibility for not blaming all of one race or group,that group also has a responsibility. Each time they support or back senseless violence or behavior{even by silence] the wedge gets a little wider.

When even town meetings are disrupted because it interferes with a groups prayer time it breeds more animosity.

Can't imagine doing same because I am SDA and it may be on Fri night.

The husband was killed by the swat team. Guess who ended up threatening a law suit because her husband was shot only because he was black.

And probably if they had not, and he had killed her, her family would have threatened to sue because they didn't help her because she was black.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Quote:

Where in the world do you LIVE?

Originally Posted By: bonnie
Quote:

Where in the world do you LIVE?

I live in sunny,tropical Minnesota