ClubAdventist is back!

hmmm Muslims.....

• Members

Quote:

Any Muslims that read this tirade against perhaps what a few of them may have done will be disgusted by the wording of your "rules" that insinuate they themselves may do these things.

It's really hard to modify behavior, or to create good will among the earth's neighbors. by using strong vinegar.

Any new SDA that read the tirade against SDA's on this forum will be disgusted by the religion they have joined.

The behavior of those that the that are guilty will not be modified as long as it is praised,excused and accepted.

Many muslims(others) it does apply to. Many it does not.

Those it does not apply to are in a better position to help those that it applies to.

When I took a couple of young people for their drivers test the waiting room was packed. Many failed their test and blamed the instructor,discrimination etc for failing.

No matter how kindly it was explained it did not stop the foot stamping and the accusations.It didn't make any difference that there were "white" people that had failed as well.

Those that were not a party to this had a much better role to play than someone that had just told them no. It was obvious some were embarrassed,but turning away and pretending it was not happening was not very productive.

BTW,which suggestion would you consider out of line.

Even though I might not agree with you on a few things, I totally agree with your reply to Steve here 100% Bonnie.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• LifeHiscost

• karl

Quote:

Just asking not complaining or agreeing or disagreeing! I was wondering are you placing Muslims in the minority category? And if you are, did you mean in the USA or the World as a whole? Because I would tend to believe that Muslims are by far more of a majority in the world? Just a thought. Hoping not to stir up a argument.

pk

In MN we have the largest number of somalia muslims. Or I think it still is. Large numbers but they are still the minority. Doesn't mean they should not have all the rights and privileges of the majority.It should mean their rights do not exceed the rights of others.

Go to your next town meeting and demand they hold it on a day it does not interfere with your religious beliefs. See how far you get and then yell religious persecution.

Don't like the prices in a store you voluntarily went to shop?

As a SDA begin haggling and refuse to modify your behavior.

Make sure you have several SDA's with you that will do same and disrupt other paying customers.

You very likely would face a PO for disturbing the peace.

The fear of being publically labeled a racist business keeps them from calling the PO.

If I remember correctly you have been unemployed for some time. When looking did you make it known that you don't know english but you want and demand the job anyway. If you are denied start yelling religious discrimination.

America is not a perfect country,nor SDA's a perfect people. But neither is muslim or any other religion or country.

It is a pretty steady stream of complaints against both on the forum.

Most immigrants were not leaving a perfect country.Nor did they bring a perfect religion with them.

It has to be really tough and scary coming to a new land,new culture and altogether new way of living.They also have to be willing to accept the help and the dictates of how certain things are done. They do have to be willing to quit biting the hand that feeds them and that is trying to help them

Many are not willing to do that.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators
beg

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:

Any Muslims that read this tirade against perhaps what a few of them may have done will be disgusted by the wording of your "rules" that insinuate they themselves may do these things.

It's really hard to modify behavior, or to create good will among the earth's neighbors. by using strong vinegar.

Any new SDA that read the tirade against SDA's on this forum will be disgusted by the religion they have joined.

The behavior of those that the that are guilty will not be modified as long as it is praised,excused and accepted.

Many muslims(others) it does apply to. Many it does not.

Those it does not apply to are in a better position to help those that it applies to.

When I took a couple of young people for their drivers test the waiting room was packed. Many failed their test and blamed the instructor,discrimination etc for failing.

No matter how kindly it was explained it did not stop the foot stamping and the accusations.It didn't make any difference that there were "white" people that had failed as well.

Those that were not a party to this had a much better role to play than someone that had just told them no. It was obvious some were embarrassed,but turning away and pretending it was not happening was not very productive.

BTW,which suggestion would you consider out of line.

A-MEN

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I'm beginning to think that these radical Muslims are barbarians, and the descendents of barbarians. Their main goal is to maim and kill and destroy anyone who isn't on their side. Human life to them is nothing, even their own, if they can murder as many as possible in their glorious explosions, a bloody gift for Allah. It's their belief in some great reward for suicidal mass-murderers that must drive them to commit such horrible crimes against humanity.

Controlled by Satanic forces, their goal is to destroy the civilized world, and they may very well succeed if the LORD permits it. The resulting chaos, anarchy, and death, will be our worst nightmare. The triumph of militant Islam will be the graveyard for human decency.

We'll see that same spirit in the Last Days, when those bearing the Mark of God on their foreheads are hunted down and beheaded with dull machetes by those bearing the Mark of the Beast. The victims will be OK, though, because they made the right choice.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

I'm beginning to think that these radical Muslims are barbarians, and the descendents of barbarians. Their main goal is to maim and kill and destroy anyone who isn't on their side. Human life to them is nothing, even their own, if they can murder as many as possible in their glorious explosions, a bloody gift for Allah. It's their belief in some great reward for suicidal mass-murderers that must drive them to commit such horrible crimes against humanity.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

Most of what is promoted in here is because of

1] lack of belief

2] lack of knowing thier neighbor

3] lack of knowing thier own SDA religion

4] lack of practicing what the SDA believe

5] lack of being an SDA-that is a child of God....

It is ignorance that is being promoted and fear that is purveying the board. I had always thought you better than to succome [sp] to fear.....

Most of what you seem to be promoting is not based in reality. Itseems hard for some to believe that the ills of the world ia not caused by SDA's.

The realty of those that deal with some of the problems discussed is not that of SDA's.

The young man that felt he needed to change the college he was attending because a Muslim complained is not lack of faith in his SDA religion. The complaints were real as were the threat to his dog. It is reality

I know there are some that believe they can determine who is a child of God.Maybe the Muslim threatening his service dog should be asked that.

The passengers at the airport,trying to get to jobs,appointments,and home may not be children of God either,but they should have the right to get a cab.If Muslims are not wanting to fulfill the requirements of the job they voluntarily took,they need to move and let others in.

The owner of the fabric store may not be a child of God either,but it does not give anyone race or religion to prevent him from doing so in a legal manner.That is not fear,it is reality.

It is always so convenient and plays well with some,to blame SDA's for almost any ill

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Kinda like the "blame America first" crowd huh?

Seems to go with not being a very good SDA

I know that we are talking about muslims...and how there are rude people in every culture....BUT, what we are really talking about is who we [adventists] are as a people...and how we respond to various crisis in our lives and neighborhoods, and country.

Adventists are charged with being Children of the King of the universe. We KNOW what is the right path. Collectively, we KNOW what is right. We KNOW that that 2 wrongs don't necessarily make a right. We KNOW that mercy is better than duty/sacrifice/laws. We KNOW that, as Children of the King of the universe, we can rise above this fear, because we have our Brother Jesus on our side, we have the ear of the Throne of the Universe. We KNOW.....

But there are some here who promote an agenda...There are some here who are scared, because they do not know the King of the Universe as thier Father. They succomb to fears and whispers of the enemy and they listen to him. Some of that comes out in thier politics [a soul sold to a political viewpoint over pragmatisum...Or a fear of a culture or a fear of race]...Thier actions are based, not on trust, but on fear....

My take on this....do not listen to these people. Do not respond to these agents of Satan. They are bent reeds and will not recover from thier emotional hurts...

There are people who are recovering from thier hurts...they you can listen and encourage....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

I did like and agree with most of your post Neil, except for the part about accusing certain people to be agents of "Satan". Personally I think that that was not called for. Every person has a right to feel the way they feel! To say that you feel they are wrong in what they have said is one thing but to than call someone an agent of Satan is not right. Most if not all are Christians, from what I can tell, on this forum. But we are not in the same place in our walk with God. We all grow daily and in different ways.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:
I know that we are talking about muslims...and how there are rude people in every culture....BUT, what we are really talking about is who we [adventists] are as a people...and how we respond to various crisis in our lives and neighborhoods, and country.

Muslims are not a crisis in my life. The times I have been inconvenienced I have simply left as it seemed the wiser course.

Other people that you may think are not a "child of God" does have to deal with it many times.

I didn't have a very beloved and vital dog threatened because of someone's religion. He left,obviously believing that was the wiser course. It is not up to you to decide what that should have been.As for SDA's,I am pretty sure they were not involved or knew either of the men.

Quote:
Adventists are charged with being Children of the King of the universe. We KNOW what is the right path. Collectively, we KNOW what is right. We KNOW that that 2 wrongs don't necessarily make a right. We KNOW that mercy is better than duty/sacrifice/laws. We KNOW that, as Children of the King of the universe, we can rise above this fear, because we have our Brother Jesus on our side, we have the ear of the Throne of the Universe. We KNOW.....

Sorry,you do not know what is the right path for anyone else,especially if you are ignorant of what path they may have already taken.

Quote:
But there are some here who promote an agenda...There are some here who are scared, because they do not know the King of the Universe as thier Father. They succomb to fears and whispers of the enemy and they listen to him....Thier actions are based, not on trust, but on fear....

"Yes that is true",Isn't it

But you are wrong once again.You are not called or chosen to make this kind of judgment.....who are scared, because they do not know the King of the Universe as thier Father.

BTW, isn't making judgments calls against others,such as they do not know their Father offensive to liberals.

For myself,I am not afraid of them. When I go shopping I don't like driving a hour and fifteen minutes both ways to find my way blocked. Especially when it is not ignorance,but rude and demanding behavior by some.

"Whispers by some" is a statement made by someone ignorant of the facts.

The airport controversy went for some time,the demands of the muslim college student did as well. On more than one occasion at the drivers license dept,it wasn't whispers. In fact it got quite loud at times. Loud enough that those not having taken their tests left hoping for a day when they did not have to deal with it.

Quote:
My take on this....do not listen to these people. Do not respond to these agents of Satan. They are bent reeds and will not recover from thier emotional hurts...

There are people who are recovering from thier hurts...they you can listen and encourage....

You are qualified to determine who is an agent of satan based on their experience that is different than your own?

Rather a lofty place you have carved out for yourself. Hope it was appointed by God

I can appreciate that, PK....

But the standard that I lifted up was that of representing a merciful God. A God of restoration, a God who heals hurting individuals, a God who hold a standard up and says this is the way, "walk in it"....

The people here can have thier opinion, but when they spread fear and hatred and racism and bigotry, AND do it in the name of Adventism, is that representative of God? or of satan?

Personally, I think that the agents of Satan have come here to spread thier filth and misrepresentation of Adventism....and frankly,after trying to spread thier misrepresentation of God, I don't think that they should have a microphone here...They need to move on...

And the reason why is that they hurt those of us to try do the right thing....They hurt those of us who are trying to encourage, to build up, to ease the healings/hurtings of others...

Those agents of satan need to move on....

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

I can appreciate that, PK....

But the standard that I lifted up was that of representing a merciful God. A God of restoration, a God who heals hurting individuals, a God who hold a standard up and says this is the way, "walk in it"....

The people here can have thier opinion, but when they spread fear and hatred and racism and bigotry, AND do it in the name of Adventism, is that representative of God? or of satan?

Personally, I think that the agents of Satan have come here to spread thier filth and misrepresentation of Adventism....and frankly,after trying to spread thier misrepresentation of God, I don't think that they should have a microphone here...They need to move on...

And the reason why is that they hurt those of us to try do the right thing....They hurt those of us who are trying to encourage, to build up, to ease the healings/hurtings of others...

Those agents of satan need to move on....

Again I totally agree with you. But you have to allow for growth. If you call people Satan followers, they are less inclined to change there thinking about what God can do for them.

pk

phkrause

Quote:

Again I totally agree with you. But you have to allow for growth. If you call people Satan followers, they are less inclined to change there thinking about what God can do for them.

pk

PK

I am not going to attempt to speak for anyone but myself,Or respond to Neil.But I do consider you a honest man and not one to try to out christian the next guy so feel you will answer honestly.

If you agree that those you disagree with on this topic are agents of Satan,that is what you said,can you show where hatred and fear has been promoted.

If you dislike rude and demanding behavior does this make someone a agent of satan?

Is not feeling it is right for the muslim religion to trump over the rules all the rest are supposed to abide by,as in the dog or the cab drivers.

Tell me what you meant by "what God can do for them"? Who is them? Please be specific as to what needs to change.

"Oh God,Thank you that I am not as other men" comes to mind in reading the condemnation of some

pk

They also need to hear from others that what they put out is not God ordained. It is not what being a Child of God is about.

My mentor always told me, when doing a play, that it was not the compliments that you listen to. They establish a favorable response..but rather it is the complaints. You evaluate the complaints...If they have validity, you change the play accordingly. It's good advice here as well.

If your posts are mostly of a vile nature, or not showing a 'Child of God' like nature, or you show that one political party is more important than ideas in general or you show racism in your posts consistently, or bigotry in your posts consistently, AND someone calls your posts of Satanic, you need to listen...If you take offense, it may be that the Holy Spirit is actually wrestling with you and your thoughts.....

So, putting out that there are actually 'agents of satan here', should be a wake up call to those who are here....But if they don't listen, ....oh well...

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

Personally ... I think those with this kind of attitude should just move on .... so that the rest of us who don't suffer from hydrochephalus of the brain ... can fellowship together.

Come let us REASON together ...

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

so, does anyone have a plan, or care, to help move their citizenship into heaven?

The SDA church is very involved with the somalia community here.

That does not stop issues from arising for others that are affected by the conduct of others.

Most of the time not much can be done as long as not all are bound by the same rules.

Quote:

Personally ... I think those with this kind of attitude should just move on .... so that the rest of us who don't suffer from hydrochephalus of the brain ... can fellowship together.

Come let us REASON together ...

You may want to frame this one Redwood:

Amen!

• Members

Quote:

pk

PK

I am not going to attempt to speak for anyone but myself,Or respond to Neil.But I do consider you a honest man and not one to try to out christian the next guy so feel you will answer honestly.

If you agree that those you disagree with on this topic are agents of Satan,that is what you said,can you show where hatred and fear has been promoted.

If you dislike rude and demanding behavior does this make someone a agent of satan?

Is not feeling it is right for the muslim religion to trump over the rules all the rest are supposed to abide by,as in the dog or the cab drivers.

Tell me what you meant by "what God can do for them"? Who is them? Please be specific as to what needs to change.

"Oh God,Thank you that I am not as other men" comes to mind in reading the condemnation of some

Bonnie if I sounded in my post that there are agents of satan here, than I apologies. My intend was to answer Neil's post. Sometimes it doesn't come across correctly. All I'm saying is that if he or anyone disagree's with someone post just say it that way, don't say they are agents of satan. If it didn't sound like that to you I'm sorry. I read most of your post's and usually all the posts. Don't always agree with them but I would not call you or anyone for that matter a agent of satan. You have every right to express what you believe and see that's going on in this crazy world. Again I apologies if I made you think that I meant it that way.

pk

phkrause

If we could only be more like "them" seems to be a implied reasoning.

If by that remark it is inferred that we are not like them, it seems important to remember that, without the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives, we are just like them. OTOH if we are inviting Jesus into our lives on a regular basis we have the definite advantage of the Holy Spirit's power to love those who do not depend upon Him for there choices of how to behave toward unruly, demanding behavior.

"Love...is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]." 1 Corinthians 13:5 AMP brackets parenthesis theirs' Bold mine LHC

If they choose to insist that we inconvenience ourselves in order to abide by the faith we profess to believe, that's their problem. If we abide in Christ, and they cause us difficulty, that's Jesus' problem on behalf of those who abide in Him.

It is not the child of Christs' responsibility to demand that they do as they're suppose to do. For the unbeliever, the law was put in place to handle that.

Joy!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I did like and agree with most of your post Neil, except for the part about accusing certain people to be agents of "Satan". Personally I think that that was not called for. Every person has a right to feel the way they feel! To say that you feel they are wrong in what they have said is one thing but to than call someone an agent of Satan is not right. Most if not all are Christians, from what I can tell, on this forum. But we are not in the same place in our walk with God. We all grow daily and in different ways.

pk

Some people just have the weight of the world on their shoulders pk. They are the ones who know what true Adventism really is, and they can spot one of Satan's agents a mile away. That must be quite a burden to bear.