ClubAdventist is back!

Needed: your opinions about Science-fiction?

abelisle

• Members
bigsigh

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudywoofs (Pam)

• Woody

• Steve Billiter

• teresaq

Hey... He offered!
I wasn't condemning you or anything, just pointing out that banning him had been spoken of. :)

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

This was not the first time the attitude was addressed.

There are adventist kind of boards, that like to destroy ministries. Some folks may enjoy it there better.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

One would hope this would be unnecessary. I agree with you Pam. But, I suspect that in order to get through to this poster ... it is indeed needed. Sad but true. How else is he going to see what he did as wrong. He has already rejected common sense and is defending his actions.

Shall we all just love him? Do you think he will then amend his ways?

i would like to address this. i also have this "mentality" and i suspect too many of us do.

but i believe we are completely missing the point. Jesus didnt "love" us and then when that didnt "work" start whacking us upside the head. :)

i mean if we are "loving" someone, being nice to them, in order to get them to change, are we, indeed, "loving" them? Jesus remained loving regardless of whether others changed or not. look at the cross. i struggle with this all the time. i dont know when i will win the battle, but i do know that Gods way is best, mostly for me, regardless of whether the other one shapes up or kills me.

i believe steve is operating on "automatic". i believe he has no control of how he will react. (been there, done that.) if any part of him sees that he is wrong i dont believe that he can stop. if any part of him wishes to change this is where our prayers would come in handy because only Jesus can deliver.

so i hope that if any of us are truly christians whatever stage we might be at that we unite in prayer for him, perhaps expecting that it may get worse before it gets better. if so may God keep us in prayer instead of kissing him off.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Originally Posted By: Redwood
One would hope this would be unnecessary. I agree with you Pam. But, I suspect that in order to get through to this poster ... it is indeed needed. Sad but true. How else is he going to see what he did as wrong. He has already rejected common sense and is defending his actions.

Shall we all just love him? Do you think he will then amend his ways?

i would like to address this. i also have this "mentality" and i suspect too many of us do.

but i believe we are completely missing the point. Jesus didnt "love" us and then when that didnt "work" start whacking us upside the head. :)

i mean if we are "loving" someone, being nice to them, in order to get them to change, are we, indeed, "loving" them? Jesus remained loving regardless of whether others changed or not. look at the cross. i struggle with this all the time. i dont know when i will win the battle, but i do know that Gods way is best, mostly for me, regardless of whether the other one shapes up or kills me.

i believe steve is operating on "automatic". i believe he has no control of how he will react. (been there, done that.) if any part of him sees that he is wrong i dont believe that he can stop. if any part of him wishes to change this is where our prayers would come in handy because only Jesus can deliver.

so i hope that if any of us are truly christians whatever stage we might be at that we unite in prayer for him, perhaps expecting that it may get worse before it gets better. if so may God keep us in prayer instead of kissing him off.

What is instructive to me is that some of you continue to judge me unrighteously.

I have an extremely high for God's truth. I do not like error. When error is posted or taught in any manner I will prove it wrong from the Bible and EGW. If I don't have the proof at that time, I will find it. That is why I made the comment about Maxwell's teachings. I will say the same about all false teachers.

i believe he has no control of how he will react.

Perhaps you may be better off worrying about yourself instead of judging and criticizing me. The major problems is that those with logs in their eyes get distorted views of reality.

Judge not, that ye be not judged." Do not think yourself better than other men, and set yourself up as their judge. Since you cannot discern motive, you are incapable of judging another. In criticizing him, you are passing sentence upon yourself; for you show that you are a participant with Satan, the accuser of the brethren. The Lord says, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves." This is our work. "If we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged." 2 Corinthians 13:5; 1 Corinthians 11:31. {DA 314.1}

Do you understand that you are talking about yourself??

Quote:
Perhaps you may be better off worrying about yourself instead of judging and criticizing me. The major problems is that those with logs in their eyes get distorted views of reality.

TU ROFL

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I agree (that's what I was trying to say in my excruciatingly long post that nobody read).

Is our love dependent on whether or not we think that someone will or will not change? Or is it supposed to be "unconditional"?

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Originally Posted By: teresaq(sda)
i would like to address this. i also have this "mentality" and i suspect too many of us do...
I agree (that's what I was trying to say in my excruciatingly long post that nobody read).

Is our love dependent on whether or not we think that someone will or will not change? Or is it supposed to be "unconditional"?

it was read and, i believe, is being considered. the problem is hurt feelings, probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted By: CoAspen

TU ROFL
hey guys, i really, honestly have been there.

i came from a very dysfunctional family and church and have had many issues to work through. it was only in seeing sane, stable people, some of whom were beautiful christians also, and seeing the difference in them and myself. still letting go of what i was and becoming sane and stable myself has been a hard battle and i still havent arrived.

only Jesus can deliver steve, as insulting as he may find the suggestion that he needs help. we need to immediately go into prayer the minute the "hate" comes because the Holy Spirit can open his eyes to how he comes across and give him a desire to be different.

getting off my preachy, now....

• Administrators

Quote:

...and the quote that immediately followed...

the log vision distortion thing typically makes it nearly impossible for an accuser of the brethren or judgmental person to perceive the reflected image in this mirror in front of them ...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

getting off my preachy, now....

teresa, we have a smiley for preachiness:

preacher and soapbox

:)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

WOW!

All I wanted was some opinions about science fiction.

Did I walk into the wrong room ?

Just goes to show us that none of us is perfect.

I'm new here but not new to internet forums. Lighten up folks, since our characters are the only thing we'll take with us to Heaven, we all better start working on them now.

bwink

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

I just love it when we all get along perfectly like this. :D

The world is full of people who believe they are among the few who possess

Quote:
The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth.

Sometimes people buy Truth glasses with special filters that accommodate only their version of Truth. Unfortunately, these glasses filter out a just little too much, leaving the wearers with a visual deficit. Because of this impairment, they sometimes step on people they can't see very well because all they can see is their own reality.

These special Truth glasses also remove shades of grey, leaving only black and white. There are many different brands of Truth glasses, including Catholic, JW, Mormon, Muslim, SDA, Historic SDA, EGW Sunglasses, 1844 Sunglasses, etc.

Once they realize that, because of their visual deficit, they have stepped on and squashed people with Truth, one may choose to remove the filter glasses and begin to see the world unfiltered, again, eventually permanently removing and discarding their particular brand of Truth glasses.

Jesus never spewed long lists of quotes to prove he was right or that he knew, above all others, what was Truth. He was always kind and patient with the ignorant and the unbelieving, but not so much with those who forced their particular brand of Truth on others. Just as important as knowing the Truth is displaying kindness to everyone, even our enemies.

Perhaps someday we will find out that none of us possess the Truth, because we are all ignorant.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

this would have been really nice on the spiritual abuse threads. :)

Quote:
Just as important as knowing the Truth is displaying kindness to everyone, even our enemies.

Perhaps someday we will find out that none of us possess the Truth, because we are all ignorant.

interestingly, if heathen will be in heaven, it would appear that only true kindness will avail.

Quote:
Lighten up folks, since our characters are the only thing we'll take with us to Heaven, we all better start working on them now.

Well ... I don't want to side track this thread. But, you can take your character to heaven if you want. But I don't plan on taking mine. I plan on having mine changed into the likeness of Jesus's character. And it ain't there yet.

backtopic

I believe in Hematology.

you can take your character to heaven if you want. But I don't plan on taking mine. I plan on having mine changed into the likeness of Jesus's character.

The change from earth to heaven will not change men's character; the happiness of the redeemed in heaven results from the character formed in this life after the image of Christ. The saints in heaven will first have been saints on earth. {Mar 326}

Only those will enter heaven who in probationary time have formed a character that breathes a heavenly influence. The saint in heaven must first be a saint upon earth. {CG 481}

Once again The prophet shows Redwoods professed understanding of salvation to be not only erronious, but lethal.

The change from earth to heaven will not change men's character; the happiness of the redeemed in heaven results from the character formed in this life after the image of Christ. The saints in heaven will first have been saints on earth. {Mar 326}

Only those will enter heaven who in probationary time have formed a character that breathes a heavenly influence. The saint in heaven must first be a saint upon earth. {CG 481}

See emphasis.

You know, I don't think we're talking about science fiction anymore... :\

Well SivartM ... some of the thoughts expressed here ARE about fiction.

I believe in Hematology.

Ha Ha Richard. Very funny. It's just some of the fictional interpretations that I am opposed to.

I believe in Hematology.

Ha Ha Richard. Very funny. It's just some of the fictional interpretations that I am opposed to.

Ok, I am willing to be taught. Show me how you interpret what she says here differently:

Not here Richard. Why don't you start a new thread. Best to stick with the topic ...

I believe in Hematology.