ClubAdventist is back!

Needed: your opinions about Science-fiction?

abelisle

• Members

Originally Posted By: Redwood
you can take your character to heaven if you want. But I don't plan on taking mine. I plan on having mine changed into the likeness of Jesus's character.

The change from earth to heaven will not change men's character; the happiness of the redeemed in heaven results from the character formed in this life after the image of Christ. The saints in heaven will first have been saints on earth. {Mar 326}

Only those will enter heaven who in probationary time have formed a character that breathes a heavenly influence. The saint in heaven must first be a saint upon earth. {CG 481}

Once again The prophet shows Redwoods professed understanding of salvation to be not only erronious, but lethal.

Here we go again. The two theological ideology camps at war. EGW said this; the Bible says this; but EGW says this; but the Bible says this.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudywoofs (Pam)

• Woody

• Steve Billiter

• teresaq

the lower the stage a person is at spiritually, the harder it is for them to see what another is saying, hence the mudslinging. if they could get past their limited understanding to see what is being said instead of what they believe is being said....

on the other hand there will be disagreements, but it really does not have to be as bad as some make it.

hard to live with, i know. as if that isnt bad enough, i break and start swinging myself. :(

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Quote:
Here we go again. The two theological ideology camps at war. EGW said this; the Bible says this; but EGW says this; but the Bible says this.

Yes. How true. But it wouldn't be necessary if the others would check out the context when interpreting EGW and scripture. If they did that ... they would believe as I believe !! Ha Ha.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

the lower the stage a person is at spiritually, the harder it is for them to see what another is saying, hence the mudslinging. if they could get past their limited understanding to see what is being said instead of what they believe is being said....

on the other hand there will be disagreements, but it really does not have to be as bad as some make it.

hard to live with, i know. as if that isnt bad enough, i break and start swinging myself. :(

That just means you are at a low stage spiritually. According to your own reasoning.

I like sci fi because it takes the imagination beyond its normal limits. Crime and murder mysteries are so oppressive, but some sci fi is also filled with war and bloodshed, a subject so many enjoy. Sci fi can take us to the past and the future, and across the universe in a flash. I no longer read it, but occasionally when I do watch a decent sci fi movie, I sometimes see things with Biblical possibilities.

If we don't read Biblical accounts of the Last Days with a sci fi eye, we may be in for a terrible shock when the time is upon us and we are unprepared for the earth-shaking sky-ripping battle scenes before us.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Members

Quote:

Yes. How true. But it wouldn't be necessary if the others would check out the context when interpreting EGW and scripture. If they did that ... they would believe as I believe !! Ha Ha.

Yes, oh great and powerful wizard of Oz...uh..wait a minute...you're not from Oz!

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Quote:
Once again The prophet shows Redwoods professed understanding of salvation to be not only erronious, but lethal.

It would really be nice if people would quite abusing the dear lady by taking her out of context. blowing

Wouldn't it be wonderful if humans could find the 'rightness' in others instead of assuming they, them selves, are the right nones.

We get to heaven on the merits of Christ, He is a Saint, we are Saints. That is what God sees.

backtopic

Amen. CoAspen,. you have my undivided attention!

WOW!

All I wanted was some opinions about science fiction.

Did I walk into the wrong room ?

Just goes to show us that none of us is perfect.

I'm new here but not new to internet forums. Lighten up folks, since our characters are the only thing we'll take with us to Heaven, we all better start working on them now.

bwink

Alex

Amen, we do it through Bible sanctification, here's how:

Sanctification Worksheet

Although justification occurs at the new birth, the process of sanctification just begins. Along with the new mind and attitude Christ gives us through the Holy Spirit at justification, that new attitude should cause a seeking after God, to live by every word that proceeds from Him. The development of a Godly character is the work of a lifetime.

However, if one dies right after justification, he still is saved, the thief on the cross proves that. Assigning a works-based theology to sanctification simply does not work. In addition, calling obedience to God's requirements "legalism" across the board shows a very faulty understanding of the Bible. Here are the Bible texts that show how the process of sanctification and character development should work:

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

"In the first chapter of Second Peter is presented the progressive work in the Christian life. The whole chapter is a lesson of deep importance. If man, in acquiring the Christian graces, works on the plan of addition, God has pledged Himself to work in his behalf upon the plan of multiplication. "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord." The work is laid out before every soul that has acknowledged his faith in Jesus Christ by baptism, and has become a receiver of the pledge from the three persons--the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (MS 57, 1900)". {6BC 1074.9}

Bible Sanctification

2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ

2Pe 1:9 But he that lacks these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and has forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Does anyone think all these things are added at justification, then the forgiven sinner goes along his merry way with a perfect character? No. Common sense even shows us the truth. What is a babe in Christ?

1Co 3:1 And I, brothers, could not speak to you as to spiritual, but as to carnal, even as to babes in Christ.

1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for till now you were not able to bear it, neither yet now are you able.

1Co 3:3 For you are yet carnal: for whereas t

Paul here is speaking of new converts, much lacking in character development, that cannot yet understand the meat of the Word. The fruits of the spirit are also closely intertwined with Bible sanctification:

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. We must die to self daily and put on Christ for all this to happen.

Php 2:12 Why, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

Php 2:13 For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

It is clear that we cooperate with God in the process of sanctification.

Quote:
That just means you are at a low stage spiritually.

I disagree. I think that Teresa is at a high stage. Just from my observation.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
That just means you are at a low stage spiritually.

I disagree. I think that Teresa is at a high stage. Just from my observation.

actually, according to the article i read it would seem im a wobbly in the middle. coming out of the lower stages but not having arrived into the higher stages. :)

it is a really good paper and gets one to thinking about what is really important.

• Members

Quote:

It would really be nice if people would quite abusing the dear lady by taking her out of context. blowing

Wouldn't it be wonderful if humans could find the 'rightness' in others instead of assuming they, them selves, are the right nones.

We get to heaven on the merits of Christ, He is a Saint, we are Saints. That is what God sees.

backtopic

Good post CoAspen

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thanks pk and CoA. Well ... I guess the reason I am 'lethal' is because they tell me I'm not saved and that I am headed to Hell. I suppose that if that were true ... I would be 'lethal'. Best stay away from me in case I have cooties.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Redwood, I was told I'm going to hell too, and that I'd probably like it there.

• Members

I was told that in academy - he was my Bible teacher and academy pastor. It's hard not to take something like that to heart when you're only 15.

• Members

I was told that in academy - he was my Bible teacher and academy pastor. It's hard not to take something like that to heart when you're only 15.

rudy i was told the same thing, and i was about the same age i believe. i'm still around, and like stan said don't give anyone power over you. i just laughed when the camp counselor said that.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

You have tougher skin than me, pk... it still makes me cry..

• Members

You have tougher skin than me, pk... it still makes me cry..

Sorry about that rudywoofs. People can be so cruel. When my wife first moved to NY, before we met, she was going to a church in Hempstead, NY, I believe and old member there past her a note telling her that her dress was to short and that she was tempting him. How do you like that. I think she said he was probably in his 80s or so. She also left that church in tears, but stay in the adventist church. Just went to another one.

pk

phkrause

Sanctification Worksheet

Although justification occurs at the new birth, the process of sanctification just begins. Along with the new mind and attitude Christ gives us through the Holy Spirit at justification, that new attitude should cause a seeking after God, to live by every word that proceeds from Him. The development of a Godly character is the work of a lifetime.

Here are the Bible texts that show how the process of sanctification and character development should work:

Bible Sanctification

2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

• Administrators

In academy I was told that I would actually be a better person if I got a haircut, not that I would look better. Oh the sanctifying influence of short hair... reyes

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

Gee! what happened to my original request for opinions about science fiction? Seems like we have Christian hijackers lurking in our midst. bwink

Alex (isn't it amazing to see how science-fiction leads to sanctification?)

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com