• Members

RUDYWOOFS

I AM LIKE you I am not sure if I can one now becuase

of my finacially problems

dgrimm60

I'm with you and Pam, I don't think I'll be buying this very soon. :(

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Which Remnant group puts out this Bible?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Remnant Publications.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

God willing, I will definitely be getting this Bible, but does anyone know about the Andrews Study Bible that's supposed to come out some time this year? It is also published by SDAs, by Andrews U. I still do not know what translation they are using but I suspect it will be the NKJV. There's no perfect translation, but if I had a choice, it would be the KJV or the NKJV.

Also does anyone know if the Remnent Study Bible has any blank pages for notes or good margins?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

It's put out by a place called "Remnant Publications" Coldwater, MI

Lots of contributors, including Doug Batchelor, Kenneth Cox, Clifford Goldstein, and lots more

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

The margins aren't very big....you can see sample pages at www.theRemnantStudyBible.com That's one drawback that I see. I like to write in my Bible, so margin space is kind of important

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

We just received a sample of the Andrews University Study Bible. Yes, I believe it is NKJV.

I want to see if I can get one of each (one of the perks of working at the ABC).

They BOTH look good, although the NKJV is not my personal favourite version. I do use it, though, on occasion.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

OK, I checked it out and it does look like the margins are OK, though not as big as I'd prefer. The Bible looks very beautiful, though. What great study notes! I may have a company that binds books add about 40 pages for notes.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

We just received a sample of the Andrews University Study Bible. Yes, I believe it is NKJV.

It's probably not advertised online as the Remnant Study Bible is, but when it is, could you post the link? I'd like to check it out. Maybe the Loma Linda ABC also got a sample. I'll find out Sunday.

• Members

The margins aren't very big....you can see sample pages at www.theRemnantStudyBible.com That's one drawback that I see. I like to write in my Bible, so margin space is kind of important

Wow what a choice either $90. or $100. I guess they don't expect to many who can't afford this to purchase it. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Well, yesterday our finally came in.

They are a nice Bible, but I was amazed at the price! Ours sell for about $100, too. I sure hope they come out with a hard cover or a paperback!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Guess what??? My mom got me a copy of the NKJV Remnant Study Bible!!!!!! I haven't had a chance to look at it very closely because mom has wanted to look it over too. But it appears to be very nice. It has a burgundy/black leathersoft binding and lots of pages at the back for notes and things. I hope I get a chance to use it! (I think my mom would like to keep it!)

• Administrators

LOL Yes, they are very nice indeed! I hope that you and your new Bible quickly become old friends! (You'd be amazed at the number of customers who consider their Bibles just that- an old friend :) )

• Members

I'm not used to reading that version. I'm more used to the NIV. Do people find the NKJV easy to read and understand?

• Administrators

I think they do... :)

If you have a problem with a passage you can always check it against your other versions.

• Members

Guess what??? My mom got me a copy of the NKJV Remnant Study Bible!!!!!! I haven't had a chance to look at it very closely because mom has wanted to look it over too. But it appears to be very nice. It has a burgundy/black leathersoft binding and lots of pages at the back for notes and things. I hope I get a chance to use it! (I think my mom would like to keep it!)

Pam ask your mom if she'd like to get one for me? :):):):):)

pk

phkrause

Thanks Steve, but the description says that it will only work on a PC, and I have a Mac...

Pam, are you interested in being able to have Windows software on your Mac? I only have Macs now (LOVE them!), but I run Win on one of them for the few pieces of software I need that don't have a Mac version. I don't mind trying to help you figure it out if you want... maybe we can start another thread elsewhere...

BUT I don't check on here very often, so you may need to reply here so I'll know...

I hope you've also found that on the EGW Estate website, you can search just the very same as on the software (looks just the same as the Win software)... you just have to be able to be online. Also, if you have an iPod Touch or iPhone - you can have ALL the books on there too. It's a bit harder to search on there, but if you know the reference (book, page), its easy to find stuff!!!

I love my New Revised Standard Version - it has tons of study notes.

Great translation! Some KJV purists might be offended - where the original translation reads 'brothers' this version inserts 'brothers & sisters'. Read great reviews b4 I bought it.

Last I checked, the ABC only had the 1st edition. Mine is the 3rd edition of the Oxford Annotated Study Bible. It was $45 for my hardback & I've had mine a few years.

When I can afford it, I want that $20 EGW library on cd.

A geek at church has the Bible on his iPhone. Very cool!

Pindoc

• Moderators

The best study Bible using RSV or NRSV text is the Harold Lindsell Study Bible. It's called The Harper Study Bible. Excellent notes. I have it in both the RSV and NRSV. In fact, I had a book binder sandwich that study Bible between the KJV and the New American Standard.

Here's a link to it: http://catalog.ebay.com/Lindsell-Study-Bible-Harold-Lindsell-1980-Book-Illustrated-/4732769/r.html

• 4 weeks later...

I recently saw the Remnant Study Bible featured on 3ABN Today. The "built-in" chain references are really appealing to me, and I understand that the full chain outlines are included as an appendix. Is there someone who would be willing to scan or copy those pages, so I could mark my existing Bible?

• 1 month later...

I have this bible and did a review on the andrews study bible vs the remnant study bible @ http://www.ellenwhitestudybible.com/bible-reviews

I really love the Remnant Study Bible, to me the best thing is the bible studies for sharing my faith and the graphics in the back make me a walking evangelist.

I think this is a great opportunity for people to be acquainted with the word of God and enable them to share.

Some one mentioned they liked to write in their bible well you can if you used the margains to increase additional texts with the chain references! That is what I plan to do anyway :) I think the andrews study bible will have its place in personal study as well though.

• 3 months later...

You and I are the same on this note! I also like to have the wide margin for study notes of my own.

I know that with many Bibles, if you special order, you can get it in a wide margin version. While I cannot say regarding the Remnant Study Bible, by Remnant Publications; I did get a very similar study Bible, with wide margins, in KJV, and with all the EGW references throughout. It is published by Academy Enterprises Inc; based out of Oklahoma. I got it here in Canada, from an ABC Bookmobile that came to town one day. It was $100.00 Canadian. A phone number is in this Bible for AE: (405) 454-6211. Don't know if they are still in business; this was about 5 years ago when I got this Bible.

This particular EGW Study Bible has a center column with scripture references, and then at the bottom of each page there is a space made for the Ellen G White references, on each verse. Some pages have more than others. But this Bible is just entitled "The Study Bible."

I really like this Bible and use it for research at times, but with the Advent of the very affordable EGW disks that we can now buy at the ABC; I tend more to using that as you can click on a scripture reference there, to see all of her pertinent comments for each verse. It is very thorough and educational.

Right now; I have a wide-margin Thompson Chain reference Bible, in hard cover, which I am using the EGW disk to add my own references to.

I don't know much about Mac computers; but I know that with most computers, you can "dual boot." That is you can have more than one operating system on the same computer, and choose which system to log into when it boots up. Maybe Stan would know if this can be done with Macs? I do it with Windows and Linux. Just a suggestion that might help you to run a few Windows programs that you need? I have two hard drives in my current computer. One with Windows, and the other with Linux. (Debian). But it can also be done on the same hard drive, if it is big enough. It is viewed as less secure/stable to have two operating systems on the same drive; but I have done it before with no repercussions.

Well; hopefully something I said here was helpful.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ