ClubAdventist is back!

If You Were a Jesuit....

teresaq

if you were a jesuit and wanted to infiltrate the church and gain their absolute trust, what would you do?

what would be absolute guarantees to gain acceptance?

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overaged

• rudywoofs (Pam)

• skyblue888

I'd probably get on some Adventist forums and act very pious and conservative. Nobody would suspect me. :)

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Yes SivartM. I would outwardly agree with all the principles of conservatism. I would judge those who disagree with me. I would tell them where they are going if they don't shape up and obey.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I'd take off my clerical collar.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

would proclaiming yourself a converted jesuit that believes in the sabbath and giving the "dirt" on the papacy, do it?

• Members

This isn't a good topic for discussion, IMHO. It feeds off of people's fears of imaginary Jesuit infiltration of the SDA church. I really don't think the Jesuits are interested in infiltrating the church. They have better things to do with their time. Just ask Stan.

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Now you disappoint me ...

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

would proclaiming yourself a converted jesuit that believes in the sabbath and giving the "dirt" on the papacy, do it?

I doubt it. People have an inordinate fear of Jesuits. I gave up witchcraft, but there are still some people in the church who keep themselves away from me because they think I still practice it. It's hard to shed an image once you've been labelled.

Originally Posted By: teresaq(sda)

I doubt it. People have an inordinate fear of Jesuits. I gave up witchcraft, but there are still some people in the church who keep themselves away from me because they think I still practice it. It's hard to shed an image once you've been labelled.

what about walter veith?

• Members

go to seminary and become a pastor, then work yourself into a position of authority within a conference, then a union, then on to the GC.

• Members

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs
Originally Posted By: teresaq
what about walter veith?

what about him? I don't know much about him except that I've listened to a DVD of him...I wasn't impressed.

• Members

I can't find anywhere that states Veith was a Jesuit priest.. Do you have the info?

well, that shows that everybody has to be checked out!

a couple of years ago he was being discussed somewhere and it was said that he was an ex-jesuit who had been "converted".

i had spent years collecting info on the papacy, etc., but had finally realized that after all that time while there had been some growth in my life i was not really any closer to being like those id seen who i wanted what they had. so i stopped having anything to do with the conspiracies, etc.

not that i discount them

the point being that veith was being discussed but i had no interest in checking him out since everything he has to "share" can be found elsewhere, and some is so inconsequential as to be unimportant, for one thing. and for another i needed to study Christ more instead of this fallen system.

by beholding we become.

it just never occurred to me to check the veracity of whether he was an ex-jesuit priest turned adventist. my apologies for that. as i said, apparently everyone has to be checked out regarding what they say about anything. :(

Quote:
I wasn't impressed.

Me neither

I believe in Hematology.

a couple of years ago he was being discussed somewhere and it was said that he was an ex-jesuit who had been "converted".

i had spent years collecting info on the papacy, etc., but had finally realized that after all that time while there had been some growth in my life i was not really any closer to being like those id seen who i wanted what they had. so i stopped having anything to do with the conspiracies, etc.

not that i discount them

the point being that veith was being discussed but i had no interest in checking him out since everything he has to "share" can be found elsewhere, and some is so inconsequential as to be unimportant, for one thing. and for another i needed to study Christ more instead of this fallen system.

by beholding we become.

it just never occurred to me to check the veracity of whether he was an ex-jesuit priest turned adventist. my apologies for that. as i said, apparently everyone has to be checked out regarding what they say about anything. :(

All I know is that he has a doctorate in zoology. Not sure how that qualifies him.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

not that i discount them

by beholding we become.

Not to start anything, but isn't that how gossip gets itself started? Someone saying something about someone that they have only heard and than passing this on as being gospel. At least rudywoofs checked it out found nothing to that fact and stated this. I think if we make a statement that will hurt someone we need to be able to show the facts also. It just might be true but it would be great to have the facts on that.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

This isn't a good topic for discussion, IMHO. It feeds off of people's fears of imaginary Jesuit infiltration of the SDA church. I really don't think the Jesuits are interested in infiltrating the church. They have better things to do with their time. Just ask Stan.

I'm a member of my local Amnesty International chapter. One time the guest speaker at one of our meetings was a Jesuit priest. He spoke about his (and his fellow priests') work helping current and former prisoners, refugees, and homeless street people. He seemed like a very kind, humble man.

If this is the sort of people who are alleged to be infiltrating the church, and the agenda that they are pushing - I say "bring it on", the church desperately needs them.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Administrators

We should all be members of the society of Jesus and go about doing good as he did...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

well, it seems to me he could get our eyes focused on conspiracies and what is going on in the world and far, far, from Jesus.

or are we doing that all by ourselves? :)

SD Adventists, even Walter Veith, are tame on the subject of Jesuits, compared to Eric J Phelps, and others like him.

There's an sda Pastor who wrote a book entitled "Secret Terrorists" or something like that. I"ve forgotten his name. The name can be googled up. It is posted on the internet.

I 've heard an seen testimonies of people who have experienced such infiltration at adventist colleges and other places. I don't expect that to hold much water here. There is the sda church, then there are sda like msg boards. The two are only slightly connected IMO.

DB

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass