ClubAdventist is back!

If You Were a Jesuit....

teresaq

quote=john317]The reason he was so persuasive is that much of what he said was true./quote]

Yes John, but much more, he was repeating the same history told in countless Protestant & even Roman Catholic books over the centuries.

Which Roman Catholic books would you be talking about? Books, and page numbers please.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overaged

• rudywoofs (Pam)

• skyblue888

I speak of those books published with or without Vatican approval which unabashedly declare her real doctrines and aims. John's example of Malachi Martin's works is a good start, but it reaches far back. For example The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1930) by Rev. Peter Geiermann which admits the Roman Church's change from Saturday to Sunday (p. 50) - and reprinted by an SDA publisher. This is merely a start. The bulk of course are Protestant books which speak more plainly.

Did you check the references posted earlier at your request Overaged? If you're just trolling please own up.

I speak of those books published with or without Vatican approval which unabashedly declare her real doctrines and aims. John's example of Malachi Martin's works is a good start, but it reaches far back. For example The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1930) by Rev. Peter Geiermann which admits the Roman Church's change from Saturday to Sunday (p. 50) - and reprinted by an SDA publisher. This is merely a start. The bulk of course are Protestant books which speak more plainly.

Did you check the references posted earlier at your request Overaged? If you're just trolling please own up.

I thought we were talking about history of the Jesuits?

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Any one with song writing ability....I hear a song ever time I see the thread title...'If I were a Jesuit'....sung to the tune of 'If I were a rich man', from Fiddler on the Roof!!

rollingsmile

• Members

Any one with song writing ability....I hear a song ever time I see the thread title...'If I were a Jesuit'....sung to the tune of 'If I were a rich man', from Fiddler on the Roof!!

rollingsmile

LOL good one CoAspen

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I thought we were talking about history of the Jesuits?
Good point. I meant the soundness of Rivera's story describing the aims of the papacy, including the role of the Jesuits - the pointy end of that assault. From memory it's all Protestant or former Jesuit writers.

rollingsmile

Please, continue with your song idea! Post the result here or on one of the music forums.

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!