ClubAdventist is back!

A Tribute to our Military

phkrause

• Members

Originally Posted By: Avinoam
quote=rudywoofs]

Did Avinoam ever stop to think that if the US hadn't bombed his country, he and his family might be D E A D today.. I'm sorry, but I get tired of people criticizing the United States military. We are not perfect, but if someone in the world is in trouble, who do they look to for help? My opinion, not that it's worth anything in this forum, is that people just shut up about criticizing our troops and start supporting them. They aren't in a foreign country because they *want* to be. They'd much rather be home. /quote]

What is that supposed to mean? Im not sure if Im following any longer. The American bombs put the lives of mu family in danger, they didnt save them! That was the whoe point!

Yes; it must have been so exciting when they bombed your country for such a "good" reason. I sure hope they come and bomb us soon too to "save" my family.

kick.gif

americanasmiley.gifamericanasmiley.gifamericanasmiley.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Overaged

• Avinoam

• rudywoofs (Pam)

• Administrators

Yes, this whole exchange demonstrates in vivid contrast the supremely arrogant ignorance we Americans seem to have regarding how the rest of the world views us and our foreign policies and the "help" we bring to them.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

I'm all for getting out of other countries and letting them fight their own battles without American involvement, militarily and monetarily.. But I am proud of our American troops. Not so much of the American foreign policies....but the troops deserve more than derision.

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Yes; it must have been so exciting when they bombed your country for such a "good" reason. I sure hope they come and bomb us soon too to "save" my family.

kick.gif

americanasmiley.gifamericanasmiley.gifamericanasmiley.gifheart.png

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Did you honestly believe that the above is what rudywoofs said/meant or just deliberately exaggerating to make it look like that?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Originally Posted By: Overaged

Did you honestly believe that the above is what rudywoofs said/meant or just deliberately exaggerating to make it look like that?

Do you honestly believe what I posted was directed at "rudywoofs?" Do you honestly believe that I sincerely meant every word of that post literally? You use your words here like guns. Guess thats why the warning in your signature about that "gun" you are keeping? BTW I don't want "the change."

And I can trust"

Quote:
Do you honestly believe what I posted was directed at "rudywoofs?" Do you honestly believe that I sincerely meant every word of that post literally? You use your words here like guns. Guess thats why the warning in your signature about that "gun" you are keeping? BTW I don't want "the change."

I asked a question regarding your post rather than assume.

Your replied with her quote and it seemed like in a mocking way

If asking you a question is like using a gun I guess that will have to be.

It seems you had a gun when responding to PK and I. Something we did not say and you insisted more than once we did.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quote:

I asked a question regarding your post rather than assume.

Your replied with her quote and it seemed like in a mocking way

If asking you a question is like using a gun I guess that will have to be.

It seems you had a gun when responding to PK and I. Something we did not say and you insisted more than once we did.

Of course.

And I can trust"

• Members

I'm all for getting out of other countries and letting them fight their own battles without American involvement, militarily and monetarily.. But I am proud of our American troops. Not so much of the American foreign policies....but the troops deserve more than derision.

And do you know what would happen Pam? All those countries would than cry as to why we are not doing anything to help them from there invading neighbors. This has always been the problem. I don't think the USA wants to be in all these countries either. Its that they all look to us to help, and when we don't they just wonder why we don't care. So I agree Pam we should get out and leave them all to themselves, and I'd put money on this one, (and I don't gamble period, because I know that there's no way you can win) but this is a sure winner, within no time they'd be asking us back.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs
the troops deserve more than derision.

Yep

So do Canadians. Anti-Canadian rhetoric and hatred is rife in America; and for posters here to suggest otherwise is plain denial of reality.

Canada Should Be Part Of 'Axis Of Evil?' This is one of many possible examples. The point being is that there IS just as much hatred towards us coming out of America, as there is 'criticism' of the US military machine; coming out of Canada.

Criticising a miltary and their objectives/agendas is not the same as criticising the troops themselves. No one who knows anything would try to blame the soldiers personally; in fact many of the soldiers; US or otherwise, do not support certain wars, including some of the current ones.

The original point of the OP here is properly questioned, by other posters, and is based upon many factors that are not made up. I would rather brag about the people, the troops instead of all the guns and the planes and the ships. I have a very good friend in the army here and have often pointed to him as an example for my kids. But I point to the person; not his guns and his specialized training in how to kill. This kind of bragging about the US military is just bad taste - poor choice, considering the sentiments of the average individual here.

And I can trust"

Quote:

Yep So do Canadians. Anti-Canadian rhetoric and hatred is rife in America; and for posters here to suggest otherwise is plain denial of reality.

Canada Should Be Part Of 'Axis Of Evil?' This is one of many possible examples. The point being is that there IS just as much hatred towards us coming out of America, as there is 'criticism' of the US military machine; coming out of Canada.

Tell me what is so hard about understanding that what was said was not a denial of any fact. Unaware means unaware of what you were saying,nothing more,nothing less.

Are you serious that this is an example of hatred towards Canada by the US? ......As I read the headline in the paper, it suddenly came together for me. The frigid air that had settled over Brooklyn and much of the Northeast, the biting winds scouring my fingers and ears raw: where had they come from? Why, the paper proclaimed… Canada! "Canadian Air Mass Settles over Northeast," it said.

It was the final piece of the puzzle. When we had suffered through the major blackout of last summer, wasn't there immediate speculation that it was a Canadian power company that was to blame? When Mad Cow disease was found in the US, didn't some point the finger at Canadian cows?

Quote:
Criticising a miltary and their objectives/agendas is not the same as criticising the troops themselves. No one who knows anything would try to blame the soldiers personally; in fact many of the soldiers; US or otherwise, do not support certain wars, including some of the current ones.

This seems to be blaming the troops themselves......Those 'heroes' have invaded countries, occupied, and murdered on a large scale. Those 'heroes' bombed my country for 3 months in order to support terrorists and the same 'heroes' did nothing when Christian churches and monasteries were burned down and destroyed.If this was not actions taken by the troops what was it?

Quote:
The original point of the OP here is properly questioned, by other posters, and is based upon many factors that are not made up. I would rather brag about the people, the troops instead of all the guns and the planes and the ships. I have a very good friend in the army here and have often pointed to him as an example for my kids. But I point to the person; not his guns and his specialized training in how to kill. This kind of bragging about the US military is just bad taste - poor choice, considering the sentiments of the average individual here.

Soldiers have a tough time being soldiers without the guns and planes and ships.

I am not sure you have the right to determine for americans where and when positive comments are made concerning our military.

Some even considered the blast and accusations made was in bad taste.

I am not sure you have the right to determine for americans where and when positive comments are made concerning our military.

Actually I do if I am Canadian and we are being accused.

I pretty well figured you would say what you have said above; but the fact remains that any American who thinks we should be a part of the 'Axis of Evil' which is what all the current conflict that both our military forces are invloved in, needs a good dose of reality, and so does anyone excusing it away.

And I can trust"

• Members

Anti-Canadian rhetoric and hatred is rife in America; and for posters here to suggest otherwise is plain denial of reality.

Well, call me in denial then, because in all my born years I haven't heard ANY anti-Canadian rhetoric or hatred here in America. The worst thing I ever heard was the word "Cannuck" and that was from my Canadian roommate at college. At the very worst, I thought Canadians were friends of Americans. Guess I was wrong, eh?

Originally Posted By: Overaged
Anti-Canadian rhetoric and hatred is rife in America; and for posters here to suggest otherwise is plain denial of reality.

Well, call me in denial then, because in all my born years I haven't heard ANY anti-Canadian rhetoric or hatred here in America. The worst thing I ever heard was the word "Cannuck" and that was from my Canadian roommate at college. At the very worst, I thought Canadians were friends of Americans. Guess I was wrong, eh?

I am trying to point out that this thing where no one can critisize the US military, or they're guilty of....whatever, and of saying that the Americans are "the only ones EVER critisized" is wrong. No one has proved me wrong yet; except to deny it.

As far as I know, most Americans are our friends; but there is that other side...

And I can trust"

Quote:

No,you may claim that right but I doubt if any that choose to give a tribute to our troops will be suitably impressed enough to be silent.

Quote:
I pretty well figured you would say what you have said above; but the fact remains that any American who thinks we should be a part of the 'Axis of Evil' which is what all the current conflict that both our military forces are invloved in, needs a good dose of reality, and so does anyone excusing it away.

The link you gave is hardly credible evidence of claiming Canada should be part of "the axis of evil"

Call it excusing it away but have never heard anyone with the IQ of an egg plant consider cold air from canada as proof of that

You just can't be taking this seriously as a accusation that canada should be part of the axis of evil

So, I say we need to add Canada to the axis of evil. What did Saddam Hussein ever do to the US that can compare with this list of Canadian outrages? It's high time we correct the mistake we made in the War of 1812, and march all the way to Ottawa.

Quote:

No,you may claim that right but I doubt if any that choose to give a tribute to our troops will be suitably impressed enough to be silent.

Quote:

The link you gave is hardly credible evidence of claiming Canada should be part of "the axis of evil"

Call it excusing it away but have never heard anyone with the IQ of an egg plant consider cold air from canada as proof of that

You just can't be taking this seriously as a accusation that canada should be part of the axis of evil

So, I say we need to add Canada to the axis of evil. What did Saddam Hussein ever do to the US that can compare with this list of Canadian outrages? It's high time we correct the mistake we made in the War of 1812, and march all the way to Ottawa.

Well, of course it's not "credible evidence" because you say so. I forgot - sorry. But you have missed the point.

And I can trust"

Quote:
=

Quote:
Well, of course it's not "credible evidence" because you say so. I forgot - sorry. But you have missed the point.

I certainly did.If this is what you call anti-canadian sentiment it is no wonder I forgot it.

I would have taken it as a joke much like the jokes between the states of Mn and Wisc.

Never in my wildest imagination would I have ever consdiered this is what you were referring to

• Members

And as for Avinoam who stated:

These guys are not heroes, they are nothing but a forces of destruction in the service of various neo-colonialist, murdering U.S. administrations.

I hope he never feels the need to come to the United States or use any products or manufactured goods, or services from the U.S. As far as I'm concerned, to be very blunt, he's not welcome here.

Quote:

I certainly did.If this is what you call anti-canadian sentiment it is no wonder I forgot it.

I would have taken it as a joke much like the jokes between the states of Mn and Wisc.

Never in my wildest imagination would I have ever consdiered this is what you were referring to

Yes and no to everything you say. Thankyou and good day to you. soapbox

And I can trust"

And as for Avinoam who stated:

Originally Posted By: Avinoam
These guys are not heroes, they are nothing but a forces of destruction in the service of various neo-colonialist, murdering U.S. administrations.

I hope he never feels the need to come to the United States or use any products or manufactured goods, or services from the U.S. As far as I'm concerned, to be very blunt, he's not welcome here.

I personally would not be that harsh to any American who criticised us. And I also know some American Christians who would welcome Avinoam with open arms.

And I can trust"

• Members

well, bully for you. You and your nice *Christian* friends can ..... do what you please. He would not be welcome in my house, nor in the homes of a lot of other Americans who hear and read that kind of abuse of our troops.

SO, what kind of I'm-a-better-Christian-than-you-are remark are you going to make to me now, eh?

well, bully for you. You and your nice *Christian* friends can ..... do what you please.
LOL

And I can trust"

• Members

DON'T LAUGH AT ME.

Let's all try to love each other on here. So no laughing at each other, no name calling, please. This is not a war. We are family. grouphug

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus