ClubAdventist is back!

A Tribute to our Military

phkrause

• Members

You know its just amazing to me that a little tribute to our military can cause such a outburst. The problem I see is the US is always slapped down because we never honor our heroes, but it looks like we're slapped down for honoring them as well. It would be one thing if I were uplifting Satan, and giving him a tribute for his outstanding war against all of man kind. Than I could understand all this outburst. So if Stan wants to delete or close this thread, that would be fine with me. So I would like to apologies to those who have a problem with the US. And I thank those that came to the defense of this great nation and for what we do throughout the world. We are the first if not one of the first to help all that are in trouble, we give more of our means than most if not all other countries put together, and no matter what our situation is here in the US we find a way to stick together and help out where ever needed.

This will be my last post on this tribute.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Overaged

• Avinoam

• rudywoofs (Pam)

We are the first if not one of the first to help all that are in trouble, we give more of our means than most if not all other countries put together, and no matter what our situation is here in the US we find a way to stick together and help out where ever needed.

This will be my last post on this tribute.

pk

Fair enough; but you might want to stop and think a little more deeply about how this kind of "we are first" statements come across; especially when other nations do just as much with what they have got, and especially with people like Avinoam. To just keep saying to them how your nation is "best" sure don't help. If that's what you are giving a 'tribute" to; I can't support that. Last time I looked; our two nations were working quite well together, on a number of current disasters, and no one was worried about who was "first" or "best." That is something I can and do support.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

-deleted-

I think I would like to join Rudywoofs in deleting my comment that I have no yet posted. I think it is best not said. For this thread has just gotten far to distasteful for me. I would go along with pk and suggest that Stan close it off before it gets any worse.

Yuck. And it started off so well. A Tribute to our heroes.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Ahh shucks. Let me just say one more thing. Those that don't want to give tribute to our heroes ... can you just find another thread to express your hate for Americans? For I find it off topic. Let us honor our people without other politics here.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

but I have experienced the same phenomenon in discussions with other Americans. There is an incredible lack of critical thinking and I was surprised that it is even prevalent amongst Adventists-
I can support all that you said here so far; except for this part which I have quoted from you. You go too far.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ