ClubAdventist is back!

Religious Exemption from Union membership laws

abelisle

• Members

Do any of you have any experience in this legal area? I could use this info for an afternoon religious liberties seminar I'm conducting in my church this Sabbath (1/23)

Are some states more difficult than others and some unions tougher than others in this regard?

Thanks

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

• Moderators

In general, there is a Federal (USA) religious exemption from Labor Union membership. However, it may be hard to obtain it and you may need help from the Religious Liberty Department.

The person who goes after it must be clear in their own mind as to why they are seeking such an exemption. If it is granted, that individual will be required to pay the equivalent of the Union dues to a non-Union and non-church organization.

Such exemptions are granted on the basis of individual belief and not that of the church organization.

It should be noted that the SDA Church does not require that people abstain from Union membership.

It should also be noted that there are other places in the world, as I have been told applies to Brazil, where the SDA members who are employed are almost 100 % members of Labor Unions. So, one must be careful in regard to making statements related to the denominational position that are not accurate.

Gregory

Mr. A. told me that organized crime moved from prohibition to unions in a short period of time (back in the day). Don't doubt it a'tall.

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Members

Not sure about other Unions or other state's or even all of Mass, Alex. But Connie works for Clinton Hospital and they are Unionized. But when she was hired she had a choice of joining the Union or having her money go to a charity of her choice.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 4 months later...

Here in WA, you can choose to join the union or personally give the money to a non-profit, non-religious charity. Upon request, you must prove that you did indeed give the money to your chosen charity.

Attitude or ability?

Why should you have to give your money to "any charity" just because the Union says that you must? nuff sed......

• Administrators

This is done to weed out the cheapskates that claim they are against joining a union just to avoid having to pay the dues.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I have never seen a lazier collection of men, than at the Indy Allison plant.

Marysville Honda plant on the other hand... Complete opposite.

Allison - union.

Honda - not.

olger - not either.

og out

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I have never seen a lazier collection of men, than at the Indy Allison plant.

Marysville Honda plant on the other hand... Complete opposite.

Allison - union.

Honda - not.

olger - not either.

og out

Reminds me of the joke about the panic in the Highway Department when the Japanese invented a shovel that would stand up by itself.