ClubAdventist is back!

Count Your Blessings.

Dr. Shane

This is something I posted on my Facebook page. I thought I might share it here too.

I noticed one of the ladies in our Mexican church had lost about 20 pounds. I thought she was on a diet. When she apologized for not inviting us to her home because times were tight and they had no food, I realized it was an involuntary, starvation diet. She confided with my wife that yesterday they had only two eggs to eat between her daughter, husband and herself. This family normally invites us to their home for lunch every time we attend church there.

Well, we are going to take care of this family. Tomorrow I am going back there to get the van worked on and will take a care package with plenty of groceries. I remember the church reaching out to my family on many occasions with food baskets when I was a child. I remember digging through the box to see what was brought to us and crying with joy.

So often I find myself complaining that I have nothing to eat when my cupboards are full. I get upset when we run out of peanut butter or soy-milk when we have dozens of other things we could eat. Sofia remembers as a little girl when she had only tortillas and salt to eat. In our house, it was butter and macaroni. Today I don't need anything. My cup runneth over. The Lord is my Sheppard and I am in want of nothing. I don't need a bigger car, faster computer or the best HDTV to be happy. I have far more than I need. I have air conditioning and heat. I have indoor plumbing. I have plenty of food. I even have a dog, cat, fish and gerbils that need not worry where their next meal is coming from. How can I possibly complain about lacking anything?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

Yes Shane I hear you, we all think that we are so bad off sometimes, till we hear of others that are way further off than we could ever be. Praise the Lord for the blessings that you and your family will be supplying to these neighbors of yours.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Well, she told my wife and since they always invite us to their home to eat, I think she had to say something. I saw in Sam's Club where we can buy 50 lbs of beans and 50 lbs of rice for around $40 for both. We are thinking about picking that up next time I get paid.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity