ClubAdventist is back!

Inventor Sets Sights on Immortality

Nicodema

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6959575/

Excerpt:

Quote:

Kurzweil writes of millions of blood cell-sized robots, which he calls “nanobots,” that will keep us forever young by swarming through the body, repairing bones, muscles, arteries and brain cells. Improvements to our genetic coding will be downloaded via the Internet. We won’t even need a heart.

The claims are fantastic, but Kurzweil is no crank. He’s a recipient of the $500,000 Lemelson-MIT Prize, which is billed as a sort of Academy Award for inventors, and he won the 1999 National Medal of Technology Award. He has written on the emergence of intelligent machines in publications ranging from Wired to Time magazine. The Christian Science Monitor has called him a “modern Edison.” He was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame in 2002. Perhaps the MIT graduate’s most famous invention is the first reading machine for the blind that could read any typeface.

Is this storming heaven? Rebuilding the stricken tower? Or what?

I find it simultaneously exciting, fascinating, and ... troublesome.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

• Moderators

Well... I never used to think God would allow mere mortals to walk on the moon. Or to clone a living animal.

I just wonder how far this thing will be able to expand, before the Lord returns.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....