ClubAdventist is back!

Revisiting the 1919 Bible Conference

CGMedley

• Members

Thank you so much.

I've always felt that this Bible Conference signified a a pivotal point in Adventist scholarship which seems at that time to be more academically honest whereas now the Adventist apologists seem to be in charge?

My feeling is why such a focus on apologetics if we have "the truth?"

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

• Moderators

Good article. I'm glad it appeared.

I agree with the writer.

I think that the most important thing is for SDAs to unite on the issues that we are in agreement on, such as the the Sabbath and the Second Coming, and determine to love each other and treat one another with respect and love despite other differences. It is not essential for everyone to see eye to eye on all the details of the prophetic interpretations. I think it would be foolish to force those issues, which is exactly what the self-declared enemy of God would love to see it happen because it could split the church.

Personally I'm in agreement with all of Ellen White's writings and as well as with the book, SDAs Believe; but I don't insist that everyone in the church view these things the same way that I do.

I think the most important thing is to treat everyone thoughtfully and with love, especially those who disagree with us. I know that is God's will. God would have us draw close together and not become disunited over differences in interpretations.

I believe there's room in our church for both "traditionalists" and "progressives" as well as all the other groups our church seems to be splitting up into. I favor leaving it up to God do the "shaking" through the introduction of false doctrines and persecution, which are the two main things that will cause people to leave the church.

For our part, though, we as individual members of the body of Christ should be doing everything in our power to build up the church and help other people to be strong in the Lord, whether they see eye to eye with us on certain doctrines or not. What this means is that while we write and talk about the Bible's teachings, we always need to do it with love and civility, even when others don't.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.