ClubAdventist is back!

My father

GreatLakesGramma

My father is going to the clinic to find out why he has been having chest pains and shortness of breath the last few days. Mom thinks it's pneumonia.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

GLG - -

Oh, I hope there's nothing wrong with your dad except stress over your mom! I'll be praying for health for both of them. I know how it is to not be close when your parents are ill.

Well Dottie, at least I don't have that issue. My parents and I live only 16 miles apart. If they needed me, I could be there in 20 minutes.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Dad is on his way to the hospital. The people at the urgent care clinic wanted to send him by ambulance, but he didn't want to go that way, so either my youngest sister or her husband was going to pick him up from the clinic and take him. That is all the information I have right now. I don't know what they think might be wrong with him, only that they want to have more tests done at the hospital.

Catherine

• Members

My father is going to the clinic to find out why he has been having chest pains and shortness of breath the last few days. Mom thinks it's pneumonia.

Wow GLG if its not one thing its another! Will be praying for your father and mother.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

They found out Dad has a blockage, so tomorrow they will be doing a heart catheterization and putting in a stent.

Catherine

• Members

Yes keep us up dated GLG

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

The doctors decided a stent won't be enough, so Dad is going to have a triple bypass today. But they did say he has a strong heart, so it should go well.

Catherine

• Members

Praying that all goes well for your Dad, GLG... I'm glad they found the problem in time to do something about it!

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I got another call. The surgery will be tomorrow, but they don't know when yet. I'll let you all know.

Catherine

• Members

Will be praying GLG

pk

phkrause

No surgery today for my dad after all. The surgeon had an all-day surgery yesterday, so he needed to not have surgery today. He will be talking to Dad and my sister today, and scheduling it, either for tomorrow or Monday.

Catherine

• Members

No surgery today for my dad after all. The surgeon had an all-day surgery yesterday, so he needed to not have surgery today. He will be talking to Dad and my sister today, and scheduling it, either for tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for the update. I really like when a doctor can realize his limits.

pk

phkrause

We finally have a definite time. Dad's surgery will be Sunday morning at 10:00. Everybody else wants to be at the hospital, but I'm going to stay with Mom at their house. She is pretty helpless.

Catherine

• Members

Will be praying that all will be in the Lord's hands.

pk

phkrause

Either I was told the wrong time or they changed it. Dad's surgery will start at 7 AM Sunday, not 10 AM.

Catherine

• Members

Either I was told the wrong time or they changed it. Dad's surgery will start at 7 AM Sunday, not 10 AM.

No problem, he's covered. :)

pk

phkrause

Dad's actual surgery lasted from about 9 AM until 2 PM. They did a quadruple bypass instead of triple. He's in recovery now, and I will be leaving soon to spend the rest of the day with my mother.

Thank you to all who prayed.

Catherine

• Members

Dad's actual surgery lasted from about 9 AM until 2 PM. They did a quadruple bypass instead of triple. He's in recovery now, and I will be leaving soon to spend the rest of the day with my mother.

Thank you to all who prayed.

Thanks for the update GLG

pk

phkrause

Dad came home today.

Catherine

• Members

Dad came home today.

I'm assuming that's good news? Its always better to recoup at home than spent to much time in the hospital.

pk

phkrause

Yes, that is good news. It means he's doing well enough to leave the hospital right on schedule, and also that he & Mom are finally together again.

Catherine

• Members

Yes, that is good news. It means he's doing well enough to leave the hospital right on schedule, and also that he & Mom are finally together again.

Praise the Lord than.

pk

phkrause