ClubAdventist is back!

Why are So Many Women Happy?

Woody

Same reason many men are happy - they decide to be.

Too many of us set ourselves up for unhappiness by deciding ahead of time that if such-and-such doesn't or does happen we will be bummed.

Guess what?

Such-and-such might, or might not, happen.

Decide to be happy anyway.

Don't worry, be happy. Forgive much, laugh often, love God. Be willing to resolve anything that blocks your joy.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Why is it that the 'other' thread gets so much more attention. I guess the negative is always more interesting than the positive.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Hey, where are the women on this thread?

I am happy for all these reasons (not in order of importance):

A) I was born happy

B) I know God is in control; I look for evidence of His care in my daily experiences

C) I learned carrying a grudge decreases happiness, so I don't

D) I don't let circumstances control my feelings (for long)

E) If I feel down, I make myself do something active (I remember that "bananas are the feel-good fruit")

F) I learned long hours of watching movies or reading novels = a downer for me, so I don't

G) I noticed good music lightens my spirit; singing or playing every day puts a song in my heart

H) I believe two-way communication with God - prayer and Bible reading - is vital to my spiritual life

I) If something is bothering me, whether it's the crooked picture on the wall or the misunderstanding with a friend, taking care of it brings me peace

J) I honestly believe, when things go badly, that "this, too, shall pass," whether in this life or the next

K) ...there are more, but this is enough for now...

What makes you happy, joyful, at peace with yourself and God?

LD

LD

Cool. Thank you SO much LynnDel.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Hey, where are the women on this thread?

I am happy for all these reasons (not in order of importance):

A) I was born happy

B) I know God is in control; I look for evidence of His care in my daily experiences

C) I learned carrying a grudge decreases happiness, so I don't

D) I don't let circumstances control my feelings (for long)

E) If I feel down, I make myself do something active (I remember that "bananas are the feel-good fruit")

F) I learned long hours of watching movies or reading novels = a downer for me, so I don't

G) I noticed good music lightens my spirit; singing or playing every day puts a song in my heart

H) I believe two-way communication with God - prayer and Bible reading - is vital to my spiritual life

I) If something is bothering me, whether it's the crooked picture on the wall or the misunderstanding with a friend, taking care of it brings me peace

J) I honestly believe, when things go badly, that "this, too, shall pass," whether in this life or the next

K) ...there are more, but this is enough for now...

What makes you happy, joyful, at peace with yourself and God?

Thank you, LynnDel! I was asking myself the same question- where are the women?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Why is there such a big difference between this thread and its oppositely- and negatively-termed counterpart?

And WHY are the men quick to give the answers?

Just some related inner questions of my own...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Negative things always seem to get a crowd. That's why I started this thread. Hoping for some balance. And it seems to have worked. At least we got a valuable contribution from LynnDel.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Well, why don't I give it a shot? :)

I consider myself a happy woman. Now let me think about some of the reasons why:

1) I like to live Scripture as much as I am able. That means to take God's Word as speaking to ME and believing it. I think that has caused me more happiness than anything else I have tried for myself.

2) God gave me a spirit of praise which I cannot deny. It causes me to praise even in the darkest circumstances, of which I've had many throughout the years.

3) God has blessed my family when so many others who have gone through similar trials have fallen and have not been able to get back up. 2 out of 3 of my children suffer from anxiety and still are able to count their blessings and find happiness in their days. This amazes me.

4) I tend to look on the positive and bright side of things and give others the benefit of the doubt. This has come back as a benefit to me in a humongous way.

5) When confronted with disgruntlement from others, I have learned that 2 things are helpful: First, I take it to God (or try to, instead of shooting my mouth off right away!). God impresses me either to: a) Leave it alone and He will handle it, or, B) speak up and confront the situation. I find that when I pray first, He helps me either way.

This only works, though, when I take the time to ask Him.

6) I have a most supportive husband, family and friends. I try to surround myself with those. The ones that were/are not supportive I take to the Lord. Sometimes it means to spend less time with those who bring me down.

7) The realisation that it is not all about me. This means that I need to let others have their limelight, and listen to those who need it. It is always hard for me to die to self, but I've found it always worth it when undertaken.

I have found that dying to self has helped me not only to bear others better, but also to speak out and up when I would rather not.

I guess I don't have as big a list as LynnDel, but this is what has been a help to me.

It is not because I have a MAN that my happiness is. It could well be in spite of it! It is not due to any one worldly advantage, although much can be done to relieve the soul of many who bear burdens.

For me, if it were not for the Lord, I would shrink away and die from discouragement and self-focus. I thank Him for the blessings of friends, comfort, employment, and even "things". I know what it's like to go without those. Well, maybe not friends so much, as I've always been blessed with wonderful ones. But the others.

I even praise the Lord for this place! I have learned LOTS from the family here.

• Administrators

LynnDel mentioned long hours of reading novels or watching movies...

For me, when I was single, it was romance movies. Watching an idealistic portrayal of something I didn't have was the WORST downer!