ClubAdventist is back!

Want to talk about a real issue?

Stan

Satan assailed Him [Christ] in every point, yet He sinned not in thought, word, or deed. He did no violence, neither was guile found in His mouth. Walking in the midst of sin, He was holy, harmless, undefiled. He was wrongfully accused, yet He opened not His mouth to justify Himself. How many now, when accused of that of which they are not guilty, feel that there is a time when forbearance ceases to be a virtue, and losing their temper, speak words which grieve the Holy Spirit (MS 42, 1901)?

i just came across this and while it spoke to me, for me, i thought i would share it anyway.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

A real issue is the inability to have a normal discussion without leading to sarcasm.

Indeed.

And after having a recent experience of that on this board.

Then when objecting, being "warned" about "my own attitude" and being treated as if it is in my "imagination" or because of the "anger in my own heart".

I am seriously considering my membership here.

I want to contribute positively, I am open to directness and welcome frank discusion.

But I really struggle with some of the sly behaviour and attacks on here.

This is supposed to be a Christian community.

May God help us.

Mark

The best wisdom is always second hand...

I would like to address the posters openly and directly but that will obviously cause me to be banned.

Maybe we should have a place here where we can openly air our grievences with others.

That way, people can speak openly.

I would welcome being able to say:

"I find that your responses to me are sarcastic and upsetting." without being threatened with a "holiday" from the board or my grievance being treated as if it was my own fault and then being threatened with:

The "moderators" are carefully watching you and if behaviour does not improve, you will be off this board.

Mark

• Moderators

Mark,

May I suggest that you contact one of the Administrators, Gail or Stan (if they haven't already seen this or contacted you about it), and ask if you can set up a "private thread" where certain ones would be able to join you.

Also you can send Private Messages to other members as long as they are open to your messages.

If you want, you could also send me a PM and tell me the kinds of thing you want to say, and tomorrow I'll let you know what I think. :-)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

It is a Christian community, but as with all Christian communities on earth, that community consists of many kinds of people at all stages of spiritual maturity (or immaturity, as the case may be). We have to take into account all their problems and issues, recognizing that we are all imperfect and make mistakes. I think God allows us to have all these experiences with less than perfect people in order to teach us lessons about how to love and be patient-- as God is with all of us.

This is not to excuse people's misbehavior but only to explain why we find people as they are on the Adventist Forum.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

It is a Christian community, but as with all Christian communities on earth, that community consists of many kinds of people at all stages of spiritual maturity (or immaturity, as the case may be). We have to take into account all their problems and issues, recognizing that we are all imperfect and make mistakes. I think God allows us to have all these experiences with less than perfect people in order to teach us lessons about how to love and be patient-- as God is with all of us.

This is not to excuse people's misbehavior but only to explain why we find people as they are on the Adventist Forum.

But I run my own small forum with non-christians and they behave better than many on here...

too many of us consider ourselves "experts" or "authorities", we see our opinion-which it is many times-as "the right one".

i think one of the things we could all do would be to make statements such as:

this is how i see it

i believe it is like this

i read it to say/mean

etc.,

and when coming to an obvious impasse the always available,

we will just have to agree to disagree.

too many of us consider ourselves "experts" or "authorities", we see our opinion-which it is many times-as "the right one".

this is how i see it

i read it to say/mean

etc.,

Excellent suggestions teresaq. I do like this. I will try to use them. But then we could also give each other a grain or two of salt and assume these to be true even though they might not be stated each time.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: teresaq(sda)

this is how i see it

i read it to say/mean

etc.,

Excellent suggestions teresaq. I do like this. I will try to use them. But then we could also give each other a grain or two of salt and assume these to be true even though they might not be stated each time.

Or... we could all post stuff that we DON'T believe. Let's try that for a week.

Is it not a basic assumption that our opinions are our opinions? It's obvious "to me" that people understand this here on Club Adventist

If I post some statistics, Pam or Teresa have been quick to challenge them if they disagree with what I am saying, so I don't think there's any danger of people getting duped.

Unless it's a quote, I just assume it is the opinion of the poster. Is there any other conclusion I should come to? Am I missing some other option?

• Administrators

Opinions are maybe all we can have presently, seeing as how we "know in part".

Truth may be absolute, but I doubt that our understanding of it will be until Jesus Himself opens it up to us in person.

Let us hold fast to what we've got and yet allow ourselves (and others) room for growth.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Truth may be absolute, but I doubt that our understanding of it will be until Jesus Himself opens it up to us in person.

I agree with this. :-)

this is how i see it

i read it to say/mean

etc.,

Thanks teresa ... I've added the first one to my sig. I hope that covers me.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Let us hold fast to what we've got and yet allow ourselves (and others) room for growth.

Good post Gail. thumbsup

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: teresaq(sda)

this is how i see it

i read it to say/mean

etc.,

Thanks teresa ... I've added the first one to my sig. I hope that covers me.

thats one way to do it. :)

the idea is not unique to me. as i read the pioneers i see them make similar statements and it struck me. they were very "strong" in their arguments and certainly not perfect, but they regularly made these kinds of statements instead of the kinds we make.

• Members

The "real" isue is that there are "real" Adventists who behave like "real" people of the world rather than "real" Christians they supposedly became when they were reborn in the "real" water of baptism.

We just have to keep it "real" and try to be like Christ - not easy at times but it's just like working out; it's hard but we get stronger everyday.

Alex (trying desperately to keep it "real" bwink )

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

• Members

offtopic

Alex, I always wanted to ask this question. Why is it that runners/joggers/etc always look so miserable while they're doing something that they supposedly enjoy?

backtopic

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

offtopic

Alex, I always wanted to ask this question. Why is it that runners/joggers/etc always look so miserable while they're doing something that they supposedly enjoy?

backtopic

LOL Pam, but I must admit Alex she brings up a good point. And its probably better to start a new thread for this one, or maybe not? :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

offtopic

backtopic

Pam,

Let me tell you a secret. Can you keep it? Lots of runners want to appear that they are more serious than they really are.

bwink

Also if we are racing, the effort does get painful at times. But the feeling after a hard race is indescribable!!!

Check out the faces on the speed skaters, and X-C skiers as they compete. Not too many smiles there.

Alex (I'm smiling right now - do you believe me? )

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

Quote:
Also if we are racing, the effort does get painful at times. But the feeling after a hard race is indescribable!!!

Yeah. I can imagine it's something like poking your finger in your eye. You can finally rejoice when you remove your finger.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

offtopic

backtopic

That reminds me of what my father-in-law, a dedicated runner always said the reason he ran - "It feels so good when I stop."

As a cyclist, I find more cyclists smile as they peddle than runners do while running. Of course, as they say, "You can tell a happy biker by the bugs in their teeth."

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)