ClubAdventist is back!

Have you tried and proven Adventism for yourself?

Stan

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gerr

• B Humble

• Dr. Rich

• Members

I don't understand the question.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Quote:
Have you tried and proven Adventism for yourself?
i would say "yes", but that pretty much depends on what you mean by "adventism".

which beliefs held by which group, or subgroup would you be referring to?

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

By definition, an "Adventist" is someone who believes that Jesus is coming back again.

Thus, Adventism cannot be "proven" until this event actually happens.

I suspect that Stan is referring to other principles which can be "proven" such as:

- God is real, and answers prayer

- when you give your life to Jesus, wonderful changes happen

- God is love, and helps you to love your neighbor

- if you trust God with your life path, He has a purpose for you

...etc, etc.

IMHO these have nothing to do with "Adventism" but are common to all sincere Christian believers of all denominations.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

I think the question is more along the lines of proving the pillars of our faith:

The Five Ss

The Sanctuary doctrine

The State of the dead

The Seventh day Sabbath

The Spirit of prophecy

The Second coming of Christ

And yes I have.

And even though the 2nd coming hasen't happened yet, our beliefs and understanding about the 2nd coming can be proven from scripture.

• Members

Tried it - yes and still trying to find the right size.

Proven it - can't. At least not in my lifetime.

Alex (as I've said in another thread I started, Adventism is still the soundest Biblically with all its faults)

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

Tried it - yes and still trying to find the right size.

Proven it - can't. At least not in my lifetime.

Alex (as I've said in another thread I started, Adventism is still the soundest Biblically with all its faults)

Thanks Alex. I like this.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

While at a campmeeting one year I made a deal with God. I told Him I would try Adventism and if my life got better I would stick with it.

"Bring ye the whole tithe into the store-house, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now herewith, saith Jehovah of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (Mal. 3:10)

I'm still here.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I have a couple of friends involved in Adventism, that caused me to look into the SDA beliefs. I have found it sorely wanting in matters of truth regarding

1. the Sabbath,

2. the state of the dead,

3. the Judgment

4. the EGW prophecies.

5. The Sanctuary Doctrine.

Regarding the 2nd coming of Christ, it has that in common with the vast majority of Christianity.

I have a couple of friends involved in Adventism, that caused me to look into the SDA beliefs. I have found it sorely wanting in matters of truth regarding

1. the Sabbath,

3. the Judgment

4. the EGW prophecies.

Regarding the 2nd coming of Christ, it has that in common with the vast majority of Christianity.

Although it is feeble and defective, it is the only object on earth upon which God bestows His supreme regard.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

I've been around adventist doctrine most of my life. Like I've mentioned I've tried to find holes in it, at least I used to when I was younger, but I haven't. I've listened to all the doctrines: the sabbath, state of the dead, the sanctuary, etc. It makes sense. Local electronic media, radio/Tv is dominated here by non adventist churches and beliefs. I listen to them, sometimes, and what they have to say on given topics similar to the ones mentioned. What they say doesn't come close.

Speaking of the state of the dead, Pastor Stephen Bohr has a sermon on 3ABN & it can also be seen on youtube entitled Defending(the doctrine of)the State of the Dead, or Soul sleep. Very good sermon.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

thoughts?

I have tasted it and found it sweet, not only in my mouth but also in my stomach. That's why after 50+ years, I'm still in it. I have not found any other church that teaches more of Bible truths than the SDA church. SDA theology is the most Biblically consistent and logical than all the others I have seen.

Thanks for that testimony Gerry.

And I agree. But then Truth ain't everything and it does take second place to Love according to scripture. Thus, I think we have much to learn from the other churches with regards to the most important thing.

Sometimes we as SDAs major in minors.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

1. the Sabbath,

3. the Judgment

4. the EGW prophecies.

I don't know about #4 as to which prophecies you are referring to, and I was not born into the SDA church, but 1,2,3, & 5 are to me the easiest to prove from Scripture.

Yes. #4 did not always come true. So ... I have no problem deleting that one from the list. It's not one of our 28 Fundamentals Doctrines. But the others are certainly Biblical.

I believe in Hematology.

Actually, when Adventism started out, most of Christianity believed 1,000 years of peace would happen on Earth before Christ returned. It is only since Adventists have been organized as a church that much of Christianity has come to believe in the soon return of Christ. However, even now much of Christianity believes in the secret rapture.

There are certain doctrines held by much of Christianity that make no philosophical sense and give the academic world a reason to doubt it as a genuine answer to life's questions. Such doctrines are 1. the eternal soul, 2. secrete rapture, and 3. why evil exists. Adventistism provides philosophically sound answers to these issues.

Originally Posted By: B Humble

1. the Sabbath,

3. the Judgment

4. the EGW prophecies.

I don't know about #4 as to which prophecies you are referring to, and I was not born into the SDA church, but 1,2,3, & 5 are to me the easiest to prove from Scripture.

The so called biblical "proofs" used by the SDA are done by glancing blow looks at scripture out of context with a strong disregard to the genre and context and genuine poor bible study habits by the followers. For example: The SDA love to show Christ and the Apostle Paul attending the synagogue on the Sabbath day. And then use those scriptures as "proofs" that Gentile Christians are obligated to be Jewish Sabbath Keepers. In none of their studies of the Sabbath day do the present the most important facts that both Christ and Paul were JEWS. It is no big deal to find Jews keeping the Sabbath Day.

Here's another great one: Haven't you heard the Adventist loudly pronounce 1/2 of a verse that reads: "The Sabbath was made for man"...they never read the other half of the verse or the context together. The context is Christ DEFENDING the disciples for DOING WHAT IS "NOT LAWFUL" on the Sabbath Day. Start reading from Mark 2:23 before you only read 1/2 a verse of 28. On and On it goes with Adventism's shoddy bible study habits.

I have studied with many other denominations and find the Adventists are the most insightful. Many Adventists will not even study the Bible without a Strong's concordance. Many Adventists are converts that have left other Christian denominations and what attracted them so much to Adventism are the deep study habits Adventists have.

• Moderators

I personally would have to use shoddy Bible study methods and habits and shut my eyes and ears to history to keep any other day.

I personally would have to use shoddy Bible study methods and habits and shut my eyes and ears to history to keep any other day.

No, it's simply that among Adventism the horror of being wrong is so frightening, they close their eyes so that they cannot see.Just as the Sabbath keeping Jews did with Christ. The history that Adventism believes has been rewritten, fabricated and twisted to fit the false prophecies and teachings.

Adventism has fabricated prophecies that will never happen, like their mark of the beast interpretation, which is completely, and utterly totally false. Yet, they will stake their eternal damnation on a false prophetic vision that will never happen. Because, they love the self adoration of being "special" more than they love Christ.

• Members

By definition, an "Adventist" is someone who believes that Jesus is coming back again.

Thus, Adventism cannot be "proven" until this event actually happens.

I suspect that Stan is referring to other principles which can be "proven" such as:

- God is real, and answers prayer

- when you give your life to Jesus, wonderful changes happen

- God is love, and helps you to love your neighbor

- if you trust God with your life path, He has a purpose for you

...etc, etc.

IMHO these have nothing to do with "Adventism" but are common to all sincere Christian believers of all denominations.

aldona

I do believe that this is the reason I've never liked the word "Adventism"....there's something about it that doesn't quite resonate with me.

I agree with Aldona.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

The SDA church as its fair share of aggressive and mean spirited msg board critics. Your posts, B Humble, are stereotypical for this type of venue. Maybe someone poured sour milk on your corn flakes one morning, or was it sour silk? Who knows?

I learned about this church and its beliefs in an upfront manner. I was preached and taught by people I could see, hear and shake hands with. If someone has a counter belief system that answers the topics of the bible, like the mark of the beast, better than this church has done, they should present themselves in an upfront manner. I don't think any such person or group exists.

The adversary is angry with this church, and people who are under his control are angry as well. So, I am not surprised by what you have to say.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass