ClubAdventist is back!

Some Personal Testimonies

Overaged

Recipe For A Happy Marriage

I got this from a lady in one of our churches who had lost her husband the year before:

1 cup of consolation

1 cup of courtesy

2 cupfuls flattery – carefully concealed

2 cupfuls milk of human kindness

1 gallon faith in God and each other

2 cupfuls praise

1 small pinch of in laws

1 reasonable budget

a generous dash of cooperation

3 teaspoons pure extract of “I am sorry.”

1 cup of contentment

1 cup each of confidence & encouragement

2 children at least

1 large, or several small, holidays

flavor with a hobby or two

1 ½ gallons of blindness to one another’s faults

This recipe will serve large crowds, or, individual couples equally well.

Flavor each batch with portions of recreation, and a dash of happy memories. Stir well, and remove any specks of jealousy, temper, or criticism. Sweeten liberally with portions of love; and keep warm with a steady flame of devotion. Never serve with a cold shoulder, or a hot tongue. When finished, garnish with sincere smiles. And whatever you do: Don’t put this stuff IN THE FREEZER!

This lady was married for over 60 years!

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

yes; and I once met a lady during my nursing years whom I had to admit to hospital. She had a broken leg; but during the admission questions; it came out that she had just lost her husband a few days previous. And I learned that she had been married for 63 years! I asked her what her secret was; and she replied: "If you're wrong, admit it; and if you're right, shutup!"

And I can trust"

I bet it would work for this forum also. :)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Ha ha! What a novel idea! spin

And I can trust"

I have many testimonies for jesus; I hope others will add theirs here too and make this the longest thread at Club Adventist!

An Angel Named Gladdie

I occasionally do a little part time nursing; private duty in people's homes. I recently looked after an elderly couple to help out the children of same; but the lady had reached a point where she became quite ill and had to be admitted to hospital in serious condition. Here is what I wrote about the situation at the time:

"She is dying, and preparing to go out from this world to the next, and when I went to see her today; there was no one else there. It was almost like God had especially arranged it.

We had a chance to talk, to pray, and to read a bit of Scripture together. Even in all her frailty and suffering; Gladdie turned to me and said in a whisper: 'You know David, I have given my heart to God; for it is Him only who can help me now.' And then she started crying..."

To me, this was quite touching; to see someone so ill, knowing that their time is close, and yet expressing such faith and commitment to The Savior. When Gladdie said that, I asked if I could "read her something;" and we went over a short passage in Romans, chapter eight where it says: "Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ." She knew why I was reading this, and she said: 'O David, you lighten my heart so...' The funny part was; I had brought my small pocket Bible; and the print in it is actually really small. I was not able to read it, because my eyes are not as good as they used to be; so I fumbled with the reading for a bit. Finally I said to her: "Just wait a minute..." and then I prayed to God to give me the words to those verses in Romans 8, to the specific verses that I wanted Gladdie to hear, and then the words did come out! Although I couldn't read them, I said them as they came into my mind. It was so amazing to see this all unfold.

I had felt it to be very important to just go to Gladdie, and tell her, as Micah once testified: "Even while I sit in darkness; the Lord will be my Light..." (Micah 7:8 ), and Gladdie seemed to really embrace this "message." I know from this experience that God used me as His instrument, so that he could lighten the heart of a sick old woman who was nearing the end of her pilgimmage in this world. It is such a blessing to see Him work like this in the dark Valleys of our experiences.

The Bible tells us that in "the last days" "the love of many will wax cold;" but we must also see how that the love of others will grow and glow! The love of Christ is stronger than death; and I was really glad to be able to share this with my friend Gladdie today. Christ has shown that His love was stronger than death. He was accomplishing man's salvation; and although He had the most fearful conflict with the powers of darkness, yet, amid it all, His love grew stronger and stronger. Jesus endured the hiding of His Father's countenance, until He was led to exclaim in the bitterness of His soul: "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" Jesus experienced the dark night of the soul; but at dawn; His arm brought salvation. The price was paid to purchase our redemption, when, in His last soul struggle, the blessed words were uttered which seemed to resound through creation, both past and present: "It is finished." My experience in the hospital today made me see that Jesus really did finish His work in an old woman...and that He can and will do the same with any one of us today.

I don't know how much of this makes sense to you, as you read this; but to just know that God walks with us, no matter what, is such a precious light, during a dark night of the soul. I watched this dying lady today have that experience. She didn't really say an official "It Is Finished;" but remember: she did say "It is only Jesus who can help me now;" and to me, that meant "It is finished" for my dear friend.

And by the way; it is interesting to note that with this experience; I too received the assurance today that I needed. This is why I call my friend "an angel" in the title of this topic. In the light of the Saviour's life, the hearts of all, even from the Creator to the prince of darkness, are revealed. Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good.

But the gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are "thoughts of peace, and not of evil." Jer. 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death. Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing,however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected,no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.

Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for mankind. Use these gifts to convince people that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven, for their greatest happiness will be found in loving Me.

And I can trust"

• Administrators

Overaged- I LOVE testimonies! Keep them coming!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Thankyou. God blesses everyone; if we really think about it; we will run out of room to write down all His blessings towards us. One elderly person who was instrumental in leading me to Christ puts it this way, everytime she sees me: "God just loves EVERYBODY so much..." That is "Present Truth." grouphug

And I can trust"

God's Law Is Important

I want to write about some experiences I had in the shop at work, and what I learned from it all.

This is a testimony I wrote a short while ago at a welding job I had and was originally addressed to some young people, but I enclose it below because no matter what our age; it is never too late to learn more about Jesus.

It all started earlier one day at work. You see, I am a welder; and I work around a lot of big, powerful and dangerous machinery.

A fellow worker there, my favorite one to work with, had a bad accident today. He got caught in one of those big machines; essentially pinned between two big pieces of steel, weighing thousands of pounds each; and I had to call the emergency paramedics and the fire department to try and save him.

Why am I telling you this? Well, we have certain safety rules and it looks like one of those rules was not really done right, and this is something that could have been prevented. He should not have been standing where he was while the machine was turned on and running. Whose fault that is may be another story; but I also remember telling my friend that he was working way too much - he was working two jobs; and I told him I was worried he would have an accident some day. When you are tired, you will make bad judgments, and do things you know may not be according to the rules. I do know though that watching this poor man caught helplessly between those two masses of steel, screaming like an animal - nothing able to pacify him, was a very difficult scene to behold.

But this all got me to thinking about how God has rules. His law is the summary of all these rules. (see Ex.20, and Deut.5). I wanted to just say to you all that there will be people trying to tell you how God's law is not needed. Some may even come to this forum and try to say that kind of thing to us; but my experience today at work tells me that rules/laws are too important to just shoo away because it is "easier" to ignore them. I feel that great spiritual damage can happen when we try to do this with God's law. The tone and the bitterness that I see in people who try to tell me His law is no longer needed is enough for me.

When the paramedics were taking my friend away on a stretcher; I remember how I just kept praying for him anyway. Even though I knew he broke a rule or two. And I am glad to say he will be OK, but he won't be back to work for quite a while.

Like my friend; I think we can sometimes get caught in things we cannot get out of ourselves, like when we do things our own way, without considering God's will; and God's Word. But Jesus loves us anyway. He always intercedes for us; (Heb 7:25) even knowing that we have broken a rule or two. Jesus loves us with "an everlasting love."

If anyone ever tries to tell you that rules are not important; or that God's laws are not applicable; I hope and pray that you will never give in to what they are saying. If anyone ever tries to convince you that God is wrong; remember my story from work today. Rules are there for a reason - we may not like some of them; but let's make a covenant with our God to consult Him, before making any decisions about what people try to talk us out of in His Word. Please feel free to come to this forum anytime and ask questions if someone ever tries to talk you out of God's law. We will be happy to answer all your questions from the Bible:

Psalms 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide. {steps: or, goings}

Remember; everything God makes is beautiful!!! Including His Law that makes possible such wonderful things in nature for us to look at

lily_valley_fog.gifImage created by Overaged from picture of lilies in his own flower bed and The Gimp! Free to share for non-profit.

And I can trust"

Originally Posted By: Gail
Thankyou. God blesses everyone; if we really think about it; we will run out of room to write down all His blessings towards us. One elderly person who was instrumental in leading me to Christ puts it this way, everytime she sees me: "God just loves EVERYBODY so much..." That is "Present Truth." grouphug

thumbsup

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Good point about the rules, Overaged! They are there to keep us safe :)

Where would we be if nature decided not to stick to its natural laws? The things that for us are comforting and consistent would turn chaotic.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Overaged - interesting story about Gladdie. I had never heard it before, but when I saw the title, I thought of the bear named "Gladly". This was a cross-eyed bear, so he was known as "Gladly, the cross-eyed bear." I was wondering if anyone else has ever heard of Gladly, and if there is a story behind it.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

Howdy OldSailor29!

No. I have never heard of that bear. But it sounds like an interesting story too. Let me know if you find any story connected to it.

And I can trust"

• Members

Me either oldsailor, I've never heard of this story.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 2 months later...

I stayed away from this topic for way too long. But tonight, I have to praise the Lord somewhere, so this is the place.

I think I mentioned somewhere that we are moving, well the place we are moving to is a small town and the work situation is a lot different than the big city. It is usually a lot harder to get work here. I got a really good job already, and it only could have happened if God's hand was in it. It is amazing how it all fell together.

And I can trust"

Thanks! In our case, we did not really want this move, it sort of fell on us - we had to do it to help with family. it is quite an adjustment, but there are a lot of advantages too. God is good.

And I can trust"

• Members

Thanks! In our case, we did not really want this move, it sort of fell on us - we had to do it to help with family. it is quite an adjustment, but there are a lot of advantages too. God is good.

So God moved you out of the big City and into the Country without you putting up a fight! :) Just kidding, LOL

But really Praise the Lord.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

So God moved you out of the big City and into the Country without you putting up a fight! :) Just kidding, LOL

But really Praise the Lord.

pk

It sure wasn't my idea to come here; and yes, I did put up some fight but it all fell together anyways. Kind of ironic, considering...lol But yes, God is to be praised. I can see His hand in this.

And I can trust"

Today; (and yesterday)we had one of the worst storms of the year in central and southern Alberta. We were grounded today, could not use the highway to get anywhere out of town. And yet, there was a lot of beauty to behold.

At the height of the storm, as I contemplated and studied God's Word, I heard the Voice of Jesus say: "I am this world's Light."

Jesus, blessed Rock of ages.

And I can trust"

Yes; I agree, and it is amazing how He can speak to us so clearly in the midst of so much confusion and/or turmoil:

Isa 43:1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Isa 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

And I can trust"

• 2 weeks later...

We just moved to another town where we could have a dog; but there was no money in the budget for a dog after all the unexpected moving expenses. I had promised my oldest son a dog as soon as we moved, so I had a dilemna, Well; after prayer, and searching of Kijiji, I found a lovely purebread chocolate Labrador retriever, FREE to a good home! She is fully trained, and such a lovely disposition, just a great family dog! She has been "altered" and had all her shots, there's nothing to do but enjoy; and the owner even threw in enough food to last till my pay day! LOL. Her name is Sassy and this was one answered prayer that really has delighted us! Pictures will come soon, and I will tell you why she was named Sassy then!

And I can trust"

• Administrators

Cool! Great news!

• Members

We just moved to another town where we could have a dog; but there was no money in the budget for a dog after all the unexpected moving expenses. I had promised my oldest son a dog as soon as we moved, so I had a dilemna, Well; after prayer, and searching of Kijiji, I found a lovely purebread chocolate Labrador retriever, FREE to a good home! She is fully trained, and such a lovely disposition, just a great family dog! She has been "altered" and had all her shots, there's nothing to do but enjoy; and the owner even threw in enough food to last till my pay day! LOL. Her name is Sassy and this was one answered prayer that really has delighted us! Pictures will come soon, and I will tell you why she was named Sassy then!

Praise the Lord Overaged. The dog sounds great.

pk

phkrause

While I did post this in another thread, related to another topic; I wanted to also post it here because I know a few people are following this topic but not the other one. Besides; this topic is supposed to be all good news, there is always something good to say for Jesus, or about Him. I hope others are encouraged by these testimonies, and that it will inspire them to also share their experience with Jesus, both past and present.

I was driving a 48 foot long truck downtown, through all the alleys, on a cold winter night doing my pickups for the night. behind one of the bins I was picking up from was a homeless fellow, trying to shelter himself from the biting wind. Just as I was about to fire up the PTO and dump the load in my truck, he came up to me crying, and held up the roughest looking, redest, cracked and swollen hands I have ever seen, and he said: "please, I beg you, do you have an extra pair of gloves.? My hands are so cold."

The partner I was working with only had the pair he was wearing, and so did I. I usually had extras, but gave them away earlier that evening. I started to say to him that I had no extra gloves, and how badly I needed them for the job. But, then without really thinking about it; I just took off my plush, insulated gloves, and said: hey, I do have one extra pair my friend!"

My work partner looked in amazement at this; and just hollered above the noise of the truck: "That was Jesus." When he "saw Jesus" he actually sought out a church to go to, for the first time in years; and he now attends a Baptist fellowship every week.

When the person that I gave the gloves to put them on; he just threw his arms around me and gave me a weak, but enthusiastic bear hug. That night made me want to go back to church for the first time - not because of what I did; but because of Jesus, and what He did. I could see how real hope in Christ was that night, more than ever before.

I do know that one trucker had cold hands that night, and as he drove away; he left more than one tear in the empty garbage bin. As I drove around later, doing other pickups without gloves; I was picturing the tears freezing in their place, just like my emotions when I thought God wasn't there. Jesus goes to the darkest, most forbidding cold and dangerous places to meet us with His Agape' love. This is the present truth that will bring about that "revival of primitive godliness" that so many talk of, but never really aim for.

And I can trust"

• Members

While I did post this in another thread, related to another topic; I wanted to also post it here because I know a few people are following this topic but not the other one. Besides; this topic is supposed to be all good news, there is always something good to say for Jesus, or about Him. I hope others are encouraged by these testimonies, and that it will inspire them to also share their experience with Jesus, both past and present.

I was driving a 48 foot long truck downtown, through all the alleys, on a cold winter night doing my pickups for the night. behind one of the bins I was picking up from was a homeless fellow, trying to shelter himself from the biting wind. Just as I was about to fire up the PTO and dump the load in my truck, he came up to me crying, and held up the roughest looking, redest, cracked and swollen hands I have ever seen, and he said: "please, I beg you, do you have an extra pair of gloves.? My hands are so cold."

The partner I was working with only had the pair he was wearing, and so did I. I usually had extras, but gave them away earlier that evening. I started to say to him that I had no extra gloves, and how badly I needed them for the job. But, then without really thinking about it; I just took off my plush, insulated gloves, and said: hey, I do have one extra pair my friend!"

My work partner looked in amazement at this; and just hollered above the noise of the truck: "That was Jesus." When he "saw Jesus" he actually sought out a church to go to, for the first time in years; and he now attends a Baptist fellowship every week.

When the person that I gave the gloves to put them on; he just threw his arms around me and gave me a weak, but enthusiastic bear hug. That night made me want to go back to church for the first time - not because of what I did; but because of Jesus, and what He did. I could see how real hope in Christ was that night, more than ever before.

I do know that one trucker had cold hands that night, and as he drove away; he left more than one tear in the empty garbage bin. As I drove around later, doing other pickups without gloves; I was picturing the tears freezing in their place, just like my emotions when I thought God wasn't there. Jesus goes to the darkest, most forbidding cold and dangerous places to meet us with His Agape' love. This is the present truth that will bring about that "revival of primitive godliness" that so many talk of, but never really aim for.

I did enjoy this post in the other thread and still like it here. :)

pk

phkrause

Wow! My wife and I just had our 20th wedding anniversary this week on Thursday! Here is a song I wrote and sang for my wife at our wedding. Sorry; I don’t know how to put music into this post.

Heirs Together Of The Grace Of Life:

by Overaged

I praise the Lord our helper; who holds my head up high

I praise our God, for His presence, in you and in me

In sweet counsel together; we stand in this church

Eagerly awaiting Jesus, to come in that cloud…

So glad to wait for Jesus - Together you know

God has promised such blessings, through Him to flow

Through Him to flow

The Lord is good, is good to them, who wait for Him contrite

Oh, I’m so glad, that we can wait, together my love

The windows and mirrors of my soul, they rejoice

You fill them up with smiles – from God’s soothing light

So glad to wait for Jesus - together you know

God has promised such blessings – through Him to flow

Through Him to flow

Oh you and I, are of the Lord – made in His image fair

Mad or glad, or right or wrong – our burdens He will bear

His arm is never so short that He cannot save two

That’s why God smiled, when I married you.

So glad to wait for Jesus – together you know

He has promised such blessings – through Him to flow

Through Him to flow.

“They shall not be ashamed that wait for Me.” (Isa.49:23). We have now been married for 20 years, and this is the promise we claim for our marriage; and our children.

Why not claim a promise for your marriage today. Take it to God in prayer. He cares; and wants to bless. lovesign

And I can trust"