ClubAdventist is back!

"Tell me, you who desire to be under law, do you not hear the law?"

Robert

Quote:

Is it self-seeking for believers to develop their talents so they could get better jobs & so they could serve God & their fellowmen better?

Are they doing it solely for the benefit of their fellowmen or are they doing it to get more goodies for themselves?

I'll tell you what Jesus did (and He is their example):

“The Prince of heaven [Jesus] came to this world to live in human nature a perfect life, a life that would be an example for all human beings. He lived a life free from self-seeking, [how?] wholly given to the service of others.”

Ellen White goes on to say that He was so consumed with His fallen creation that He didn't even bother do build His own little nest egg....His love was outward - not inward! He lived to serve!

“The Owner of the world, he had not where to lay his head. Unrecognized and unhonored, he walked in and out among the people for whom he had done so much. Of himself he said, ‘Foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.’”

In explaining love Ellen states: “…There will be no rivalry, no self-seeking, no desire for the highest place. [Now she gives an example:] You will have that love which seeks not her own, but another's wealth.” [DA 439]

Quote:

And kindly show us how we can love our fellowman without knowing how to love one's self.

That's the devil speaking! He convinced 1/3 of the angels in heaven using this [censored].... Apparently you have bought into it also!?!

As I've said a thousand times, the opposite of self-love is not self-hate - it is selflessness. If you want to see this type of love in action, read about Jesus!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• there buster

• Gerr

• LifeHiscost

Here are two interesting quotes from EGW:

"Christ's life on earth teaches that to obtain the higher education does not mean to gain popularity, to secure worldly advantage [$$$] - [:"red"]to have all the temporal wants abundantly supplied[/], and to be honored by the titled and wealthy of earth.....His life rebukes all self-seeking. As He went about doing good He made plain the character of God's law and the nature of His service." [CT 34]

"self-seeking [is] the very principle of Satan's kingdom...." [DA 436]

• Moderators

Quote:

Here are two interesting quotes from EGW:

"Christ's life on earth teaches that to obtain the higher education
does not mean to gain popularity, to secure worldly advantage [$$$] - [:"red"]to have all the temporal wants abundantly supplied[/], and to be honored by the titled and wealthy of earth.
....His life rebukes all self-seeking. As He went about doing good He made plain
the character of God's law
and the nature of His service." [CT 34]

"self-seeking [is] the very principle of Satan's kingdom...." [DA 436]

[:"blue"]And may I add this quote"\?

[:"red"]"Our first duty to God and our fellow beings is in self-development. Every faculty with which the Creator has endowed us should be cultivated to the highest degree of perfection, that we may be able to do the greatest amount of good of which we are capable. In order to purify and refine our characters, we need the grace given us of Christ that will enable us to see and correct our deficiencies and improve that which is excellent in OUR characters." CG 164[/]

[:"red"]"....gospel workers should feel importance of self-improvement..." 5T 573

"ministers should strive for self-improvement.." Ev 207.

"Do something every day to improve, beautify, and ennoble the life that Christ has purchased with His own blood." MH 491 [/]

Is this sinful self-seeking? [/]

Gerry

• "Christ's life on earth teaches that to obtain the higher education does not mean to gain popularity, to secure worldly advantage [$$$] - [:"red"]to have all the temporal wants abundantly supplied[/], and to be honored by the titled and wealthy of earth.....His life rebukes all self-seeking. As He went about doing good He made plain the character of God's law and the nature of His service." [CT 34]

"Our first duty to God and our fellow beings is in self-development. Every faculty with which the Creator has endowed us should be cultivated to the highest degree of perfection, that we may be able to do the greatest amount of good of which we are capable."

These two quotes are in harmony….

For example, I am glad you are a doctor….You helped the sick (as did the Master Physician)….But you also helped yourself. Did Christ have all the earthly trinkets that you and I do? No, even His education as a man was solely for others….There was nothing in His life that had the slightest elements of self in it…

As I answered your question before with my own question:

“Are they doing it solely for the benefit of their fellowmen or are they doing it to get more goodies for themselves?