ClubAdventist is back!

Are Women Really Unhappy?

CGMedley

The link you provided is the one about David and Goliath.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Are Women Really Unhappy?

Only when they choose to be.

Happiness is a choice. If our happiness depends upon external events, we cede control of our feelings to them. Whereas, if we, like Paul, determine to be content no matter what, we will, by the grace of God, be content no matter what.

• Members

The link you provided is the one about David and Goliath.

Here's the correct link: http://www.adventistreview.org/article.php?id=3148

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

"Let’s now check some significant facts. There are approximately 30,000 suicides in America each year and 75% of those are men. This leaves us with the question, What is happiness? A close look at the articles cited by the author shows that all the authors equate stress with unhappiness. True happiness does not lie in the absence of stress and challenges, but lie in the motivation and ability to fulfill one’s purpose in life, in spite of challenges and stresses."

-----------

Gotta get that suicide rate to parity or we have failed in our attempts at egalitarianism. Clearly, the data cited by the author support the idea that changing diapers has a protective effect. I, for one, have not even considered suicide since I started changing diapers on my 88 y/o mother.

• Administrators

A most excellent response by one of my son's professors to the misleading agenda driven article by Mohler...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

i have seen homes where the husband makes life a living hell

and homes where the wife makes life a living hell

and homes where both have to take credit.

but generally i would have to say, i sure am grateful that God is neither so calloused nor flippant as to what anyone may be suffering...tho growing up, i will admit there were those who did give the impression that God couldnt care less...

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

While we have the data for that, we only have to ask our mothers, wives, sisters, and daughters. If women have more social responsibility than men, it is because society is yet to keep pace with the tide of history. In an age where we now know that women have brains as well as brawns, that they are created in the divine image, no less than men, we still continue to send subliminal (and overt) messages of role circumscriptions that leave more social burdens on women and grant more social power to men. It has eased the stress on men, but it has not made them truly happy, as the suicide rates show.

Somewhere along the way society has failed to systematically instill in our male children the importance of “caring” and “feeling,” opting instead to abandon them to an archaic sense of inherent power and social entitlement, which often dissipates into utter despair once reality sets in and--more so as the tide of history envelops us all.

i guess we saw that proven...

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790