ClubAdventist is back!

Apocalyptic eschatology - how do you envision it?

abelisle

• Members

After watching "2012" with its thematic allusions to Biblical archetypes (namely Noah's ark), I'm left wondering exactly how the 2nd Coming will actually play out in terms of natural disasters and also wondered if maybe the Mayans knew something we still have to learn?

Also in light of my earlier question re: antediluvian topography, the most recent earthquakes and now the DVD release of 2012, I, as an Adventist raised up with powerful end-times scenarios am left wonderin'?

Will eschatological events follow natural occurrences or will they be put into being by God as necessary events in the prophetic timeline in which only He knows the day and the hour?

I guess we have historically emphasized the political/religious drama that will unfold but I wonder if Mother Earth is trying to send us some very strong signals?

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

• Members

Haven't seen 2012 yet, not sure that when I do I'll let it influence me one way or the other.

I believe that yes mother earth has always been trying to send us a message! Its just that many just don't see, hear or listen to it. Doesn't EGW mention or maybe its in the Bible about the earth growing old and groaning because of what we are doing to it? Didn't God tell us to take care of this earth? I'd say we are not doing a very good job!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

will we be taking this plague by plague or just a "free for all"? :)

according to both the bible and sop, this planet will go through disasters, especially after the close of probation, that will leave it a wreck.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Administrators

OK, The Sheriff is back in town...

I have removed a couple strings of posts to a place of eternal torment. The apocalypse they caused within this topic basically derailed it from its original intent. The few hidden bits of substance within those posts were hardly worth saving.

Tom

backtopic

And please stick to it... No quoting, no bickering, no self-promotion of alternate reality agenda websites, blogs, radio programs, etc., etc., etc. Use a PM for such distractions.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

Sorry Tom I know I'm one of the culprits. I did do that on a few posts, forgot where I was. :)

backtopic

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

and strange preternatural events that are beyond our ken - yes, that and "angelic" forces acting in the form of humans.

Man, this sounds like very cool sci-fi stuff!

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

As I have tried to listen at all directions of various sources concerning the end, I perceive that:

Satan is buffetting the world with all manner of evil in the effort to bring it to its knees and then he will come onto the scene with his last and greatest deception; to appear as though he were Christ, and has come to save the world from all the trouble, however, the natural disasters which God sends, he cannot abate like he could by "fixing the economy" and he will place the blame for these continued disasters on those who keep God's commandments. The true Sabbath will be a pivotal issue.

All who would choose to follow God, will experience their fiery furnace or lion's den, and experience the Divine deliverance that Daniel and his friends experienced.

It has already begun and all will be finished with a few years.

(Don't start any 401K savings now)

addvantage