ClubAdventist is back!

Adventists & Easter

CGMedley

The reason that I do something on a particular day has nothing to with some ancient culture/religion/etc!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

A 12-step friend invited me to bring my family to his family's annual Easter egg hunt this year. Knowing that we are pescatarians, his sister is even making a tuna casserole and we are bringing a big pot of beans. Yes, there will be smoking. Yes, there will be beer. But someone how I think Jesus wants me to be there.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

A 12-step friend invited me to bring my family to his family's annual Easter egg hunt this year. Knowing that we are pescatarians, his sister is even making a tuna casserole and we are bringing a big pot of beans. Yes, there will be smoking. Yes, there will be beer. But someone how I think Jesus wants me to be there.

WayneV

Just remember these words of warning, for they will come to pass all too soon:

If you are ever flying through the desert and your canoe breaks down, remember that it takes three pancakes to lift the doghouse, because there ain't nary a bone in ice cream!

Originally Posted By: CoAspen
The reason that I do something on a particular day has nothing to with some ancient culture/religion/etc!

I hope it's not too late to say, double the pot of beans!

Enjoy your time there and make some good friends....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

I think my friend George has attempted to strike a reasonable and rationally balanced view that neither advocates nor discourages Easter celebration. I think I would have concluded from the very same evidence he puts forward a more positive regard for the present day meaning and significance within the broader Christian culture. And I would encourage it not simply as an evangelistic tool, but more as a recognition of common ground with our fellow Christians of the monumental importance of the Resurrection to our faith and ultimate hope of the culmination of our salvation. But i suspect from experience in discussing such matters with George that if I said that to him, he would not disagree.

I do appreciate that he quickly disposes of the fallacy that any ancient pagan roots are a reason to avoid it. Its present day meaning is deeply rooted in its Christian significance. That we can redeem even pagan ideas and practices and convert them to God's plans and purposes is greatly illustrative of God's power and ability to redeem and transform even the worst of us to be His very own. And that profound truth fits beautifully with the fact of the Resurrection overcoming and transforming death itself into life eternal.

And Bravo, Shane! You are doing the right thing and a good thing. God will bless.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Somehow, I think you all would give a "thumbs up" if someone said they were going to see the pope and kiss his ring on Easter.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

The pope needs friends too. :(

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

I think my friend George has attempted to strike a reasonable and rationally balanced view that neither advocates nor discourages Easter celebration. I think I would have concluded from the very same evidence he puts forward a more positive regard for the present day meaning and significance within the broader Christian culture. And I would encourage it not simply as an evangelistic tool, but more as a recognition of common ground with our fellow Christians of the monumental importance of the Resurrection to our faith and ultimate hope of the culmination of our salvation. But i suspect from experience in discussing such matters with George that if I said that to him, he would not disagree.

I do appreciate that he quickly disposes of the fallacy that any ancient pagan roots are a reason to avoid it. Its present day meaning is deeply rooted in its Christian significance. That we can redeem even pagan ideas and practices and convert them to God's plans and purposes is greatly illustrative of God's power and ability to redeem and transform even the worst of us to be His very own. And that profound truth fits beautifully with the fact of the Resurrection overcoming and transforming death itself into life eternal.

And Bravo, Shane! You are doing the right thing and a good thing. God will bless.

Tom,

I like that. Everything belongs to God. The heathens and pagans simply misuse those things of God. We Christians need to comandeer them and put them back to use, glorifying God.

Agape`

WayneV

Just remember these words of warning, for they will come to pass all too soon:

If you are ever flying through the desert and your canoe breaks down, remember that it takes three pancakes to lift the doghouse, because there ain't nary a bone in ice cream!

Somehow, I think you all would give a "thumbs up" if someone said they were going to see the pope and kiss his ring on Easter.

We should not judge the pope harshly. He is probably living up to the light he has.

But, no I wouldn't kiss his ring ... nor would I kiss him. But I have kissed the Blarney Stone.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I know you have kissed the Blarney Stone. You've said it more than once here.

I'm not judging the pope. You missed my point entirely. Or perhaps on purpose?

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

well please tell us more then.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

ewaye, my little omelet