ClubAdventist is back!

Eleanor Lofthouse, 91, GRENSHAM Oregon

Stan

Eleanor Lofthouse, 91, service April 10

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The Hillsboro Argus

GRESHAM - Eleanor Evangeline Lofthouse, 91, died Feb. 24, 2010.

A service will be held at 2 p.m., April 10 at Forest Grove Seventh-day Adventist Church, 1950 Mountain View Lane, Forest Grove.

Eleanor Roberts was born Dec. 30, 1918, in Seattle, Wash., the daughter of Franklin and Kate Roberts. As a child she lived in Arizona and Idaho, graduating from Lewiston High School in 1937.

She earned her nursing degree in 1949 from Walla Walla College.

On Sept. 9, 1951, she married Ted Lofthouse.

The couple lived in Goldendale, Wash., then moved to Forest Grove, where they purchased Pacific Press printing shop. She worked Tuality Community and Forest Grove hospitals.

She volunteered for Maranatha Volunteer Builders. She traveled the globe for 10 years, volunteering in 20 countries on five continents.

At age 80, she became a foster mother to a 14-year-old girl from Russia and later, her brother. She took pride in watching the children graduate from high school and college.

She was a member of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Ted Lofthouse; son, Keith Raymond Lofthouse; and brother, Ted Roberts.

Survivors include her son, Gerald Lofthouse; two grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; four brothers; two sisters; and numerous nieces and nephews.

Remembrances: Maranatha Volunteer Builders, 990 Reserve Drive, Suite 100, Roseville, Calif., 95678.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Just saw this obit here.

I knew Eleanor and the whole family since the early '60's.

In the over 15 yrs since I've lived in my current home, Eleanor was the only person to come and visit me.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?